Page 1 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2008, 11:05 pm

I love music, and quite a range. I love classical, opera, and modern pop too. Ok...now for the embarrassing part (no teasing): I love disco. I don't know why, but I do. I just bought the CD 'Saturday Night Fever' and I'm listening right now. I also like Julio Iglesias - do not tell. Blood pact.

Who else has lousy taste in music? Come out of the closet. Locally, whilst in traffic I heard a driver's stereo, blasting loud, Gordon Lightfoot! Any 'Vanilla Ice' fans (Ice Ice Baby)? Ooo, how about Milli Vanilli? I fairly recently 'found' Milli Vanilli and I am allowed to like.

Here's what I do NOT like: Country music. Celine Dion. Kenny G. Movie Soundtracks (ie: Sound of Music) - gag.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2008, 11:09 pm

That is exactly like me.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

zee
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2008, 11:14 pm

My favorite type of music is yodelling, seriously. But there are different types of yodelling--I like the 'naturjodel' the best. :)

Of course I like other music as well, including sugary Euro-pop. :oops:

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2008, 11:16 pm

Yes, I like Kyle Minogue (sp?) - sugary Euro. I like bagpipe music too, but not live - that's just plain scary!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2008, 11:17 pm

Troubadour music can be good, it's one of the few ways to hear the Occitan language.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

zee
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2008, 11:21 pm

LabPet wrote:
Yes, I like Kyle Minogue (sp?) - sugary Euro. I like bagpipe music too, but not live - that's just plain scary!

The sugariest I have ever heard is Sarina Paris. She's similar to Kylie, you might like her. And of course there's Aqua.

Whenever I hear bagpipes I think there must be a funeral procession en route... it seems that's the only time they're ever played. :?

markaudette
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2008, 11:25 pm

I actually like a lot of disco music. There's something to the rythm and tempo of some disco songs. Although I am not a big fan of Donna Summers or any of her sisters. I know it's real hard to like disco but not like Donna Summer, but hey...

One song in particular that I like is "We Don't Talk Anymore" by Cliff Richard. I like that you can hear an old Wurlitzer organ in it. The song has that unmistakable disco beat in it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrLgdmrFaeU[/youtube]

And most movie soundtracks just kind of blow and boring to listen to. They're almost all forgettable. The movie soundtracks I like are: any Star Trek movie soundtrack. Superman The Motion Picture soundtrack. Star Wars. Fight Club. And the Legend soundtrack because I am a big fan of Tangerine Dream.

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2008, 11:50 pm

Music preference could not be more personal, so there's no such thing as "bad taste in music".

I love disco. I was born in 1970 and the people whom I knew, who hated disco also turned out to be bad influences. I would sing Disco Inferno and Love Rollercoaster just to spite them. Those two songs were infectuously* great.

I don't know if I'd banish movie soundtracks from my collection or not. I love West Side Story and find myself singing a lot of it.

*Yes, that's a word. I made it up!

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2008, 12:54 am

I love the bag pipes, the sound send shivers up my spine.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2008, 12:55 am

I love the bag pipes, the sound sends shivers up my spine.

markaudette
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2008, 1:18 am

I got the chance to hear a band of bag pipe musicians play at the Museum of Appalachia in Tennessee. There were about 5 of them and it was simply amazing and awe inspiring. The bag pipes are an incredible if you experience them live.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2008, 1:45 am

spudnik wrote:
I love the bag pipes, the sound sends shivers up my spine.

Me too. Except 'live;' scary. Bagpipes are LOUD and look somehow dangerous, as if the bagpipe is assaulting the bagpiper. I am part Scottish so I do like - they're not all funeral durges.

Good to know others appreciate disco...I'm not insane!

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2008, 2:20 am

Not many people seem to like (to use the common derogatory terms): white boy, suburban, "emo" rap.

I find most of the lyrics thought provoking and philosophical in many cases.

Likes of:
Sage Francis
Sixtoo
Buck 65
Adeem
Sole
Slug
Aesop Rock
Mac Lethal
Recyclone
Blueprint
Eyedea
etcetera

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2008, 3:31 am

Danielismyname wrote:
Not many people seem to like (to use the common derogatory terms): white boy, suburban, "emo" rap.

I find most of the lyrics thought provoking and philosophical in many cases.

Likes of:
Sage Francis
Sixtoo
Buck 65
Adeem
Sole
Slug
Aesop Rock
Mac Lethal
Recyclone
Blueprint
Eyedea
etcetera

I even like Eminem - the lyrics sometimes too (not all). And Fort Minor (Remember the Name, Where'd you Go?).

Jamie06
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2008, 5:08 am

I dont think anyone should be embarrased to what music they listen to really, however i'm a trance addict for life. Some of that euro dance can be ok but with europop if you've heard one you have heard them all lol.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2008, 5:13 am

The Bee Gees and Eminem were brilliant, you don't need "bad taste in music" to see that

I'm not huge into a lot of underground rap but a few of my favourites are in there. Like Personal Journals (Sage) and Vertex (Buck 65) which are quite original pieces of music