Page 3 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 12:36 am

gypsyRN wrote:
um...this is super embarrassing, but I actually bought myself a Hanson CD. It's NOT mmmbop!

It's ok. Be proud. :D
I have on CD the disco version of Beethoven's 5th. I *might* even like YMCA......
I won't tell if you won't. Just our little secret.

Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 12:43 am

I haven't met anyone who listens to the music I do. But, I don't know alot of people, the music I listen to is really popular, I guess.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 2:47 am

gypsyRN wrote:
um...this is super embarrassing, but I actually bought myself a Hanson CD. It's NOT mmmbop! But the vocal harmonies are amazing, and I'm a sucker for harmony!

I like bluegrass a lot too, and Appalachian gospel music, even though I'm not religious.

Me too, my grandpa's side of the family made recordings that go way back. I even like the recordings considering these were done by real ppl.

I'm into a whole genre of music. I'm not real into modern country since it doesn't have much of an accoustical sound to it like bluegrass. I'd luv to see someone play that fast on a banjo or a dulcimer.

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 8:12 am

I loved disco, and John Denver, and Barry Manilow, and Olivia Newton-John. I also like mindless dance pop like this song:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg43hlJcFYo[/youtube]

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 11:09 am

:oops: ABBA, all their songs. :roll:

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 2:14 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
:oops: ABBA, all their songs. :roll:

Actually, ABBA is now considered a cult classic and no longer bad taste. I have all (or almost all) their songs, as well as the musical "Chess" and the solo albums of Frida and Agnetha.

gypsyRN
Toucan
Toucan

18 Mar 2008, 2:43 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
gypsyRN wrote:
um...this is super embarrassing, but I actually bought myself a Hanson CD. It's NOT mmmbop! But the vocal harmonies are amazing, and I'm a sucker for harmony!

I like bluegrass a lot too, and Appalachian gospel music, even though I'm not religious.

Me too, my grandpa's side of the family made recordings that go way back. I even like the recordings considering these were done by real ppl.

I'm into a whole genre of music. I'm not real into modern country since it doesn't have much of an accoustical sound to it like bluegrass. I'd luv to see someone play that fast on a banjo or a dulcimer.

Oh my gosh! I saw Frank Wakefield once at the Canal Street Tavern in Dayton, OH, and he totally blew my mind. He is so amazingly fast, and he's hilarious too! If you ever get the chance to attend one of his shows, don't pass it up. I used to live in southern Kentucky, about 15 minutes from a dulcimer maker. On the weekends, you could find bands of old men in parks, and at random gas station-restaurant-convenience store places, having jam sessions on dulcimers, banjos, fiddles, mandolins, even upright basses sometimes. Even though it was kind of a backwards place to live, I miss it.

Do you know Old Crow Medicine Show or Yonder Mountain String Band? They're some of my car-trip staples.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 3:27 pm

Yes, Yonder Mountain String Band, Fastball luv it. They're real good. My grandpa has bluegrass every Thursday night at some old church. Sometimes when I get the chance, I go. It's full of old men but there's a lot of young ppl that're into too. I use to think I was the only person who liked bluegrass aside from these old hillbillys. Yeah, I'm going to have to get my brother in law to take me, I doubt that'll ever happen. That's where his family lives. As for me, I do some fiddling but I can't play fast like them bluegrassers.

RainKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Mar 2008, 5:40 pm

I listen to pop music sometimes. It's not "bad".

One of my favorite musicians is actually very controversial--most people who know of him hate him. It's Merzbow (it's only one guy, Masami Akita, but he uses that name as if it's a band). His music is usually called "noise", and that's what it sounds like to most people, but I love it. :D

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 8:39 pm

what 18 year old listens to
Styx? (the old 70's pop stuff)
REO Speedwagon
Fleetwood Mac
Genesis
Heart?

all pop era's I enjoy
I also like Rush and Black Sabbath but I like the Dio Sabbath more then Ozzy
and then there's Renaissance
very...proggy with chick singer...
people look at me like I am insane for liking them
James Taylor
Jethro Tull
I shouldn't even know these bands
but I do and love them
I like a few modern things eg-
Nightwish, Rhapsody in Fire, Dragonforce
Led Zeppelin -well who doesn't know them :lol:
Phil Collins solo is another huge favorite! :D

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 9:26 pm

Okay the embarrassing stuff... :oops:

Big Bopper...Chantilly Lace
Fats Domino...My Blue Heaven
Sam Cooke...Working In A Coal Mine
Ivory Joe Hunter...Since I Met You Baby
Buddy Holly...Everyday
Jan & Dean...Tennessee
Santos & Johnny...Sleepwalk

Yeah...and I like ABBA's Waterloo

*blaming it all on childhood trama...she runs away to hide now and listen to some Metallica*

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 9:31 pm

Beenthere wrote:
Okay the embarrassing stuff... :oops:

Big Bopper...Chantilly Lace
Fats Domino...My Blue Heaven
Sam Cooke...Working In A Coal Mine
Ivory Joe Hunter...Since I Met You Baby
Buddy Holly...Everyday
Jan & Dean...Tennessee
Santos & Johnny...Sleepwalk

Yeah...and I like ABBA's Waterloo

*blaming it all on childhood trama...she runs away to hide now and listen to some Metallica*

That goes for me. 8O

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 9:32 pm

I swear it gets creepier when it comes to this embarassing music forum. It's like y'all can read my mind or something. :?

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 9:57 pm

Ya I use to hate disco ABBA, Bee Gees and KC & The Sunshine Band, I actually like it now, music tastes do change as we get older, I will shoot myself if I start liking Polka

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 10:09 pm

:lol: The Polka. Octor lieber augustin augustin augustin, octor lieber augustein zing zing zing wieg.

Alright I don't know much German, I just know this annoying polka song that keeps running in my head.

gypsyRN
Toucan
Toucan

19 Mar 2008, 12:26 am

Kilroy wrote:
what 18 year old listens to
Styx? (the old 70's pop stuff)
REO Speedwagon
Fleetwood Mac
Genesis
Heart?

all pop era's I enjoy
I also like Rush and Black Sabbath but I like the Dio Sabbath more then Ozzy
and then there's Renaissance
very...proggy with chick singer...
people look at me like I am insane for liking them
James Taylor
Jethro Tull
I shouldn't even know these bands
but I do and love them
I like a few modern things eg-
Nightwish, Rhapsody in Fire, Dragonforce
Led Zeppelin -well who doesn't know them :lol:
Phil Collins solo is another huge favorite! :D

Um...I've heard of (and enjoy listening to) almost all of these. I don't like Nightwish though...I use earplugs to block out the lyrics, because I don't like the themes. My dad introduced me to all the older stuff. Did you know Styx actually had to cancel a concert in Arizona a couple years ago because they only sold SEVEN tickets? Now that's embarrassing.