Page 4 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Age: 58
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,176
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada

18 Mar 2008, 9:57 pm

Ya I use to hate disco ABBA, Bee Gees and KC & The Sunshine Band, I actually like it now, music tastes do change as we get older, I will shoot myself if I start liking Polka



MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 19,810
Location: Earth

18 Mar 2008, 10:09 pm

:lol: The Polka. Octor lieber augustin augustin augustin, octor lieber augustein zing zing zing wieg.

Alright I don't know much German, I just know this annoying polka song that keeps running in my head.



gypsyRN
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2008
Age: 39
Gender: Female
Posts: 311
Location: Indiana, USA

19 Mar 2008, 12:26 am

Kilroy wrote:
what 18 year old listens to
Styx? (the old 70's pop stuff)
REO Speedwagon
Fleetwood Mac
Genesis
Heart?

all pop era's I enjoy
I also like Rush and Black Sabbath but I like the Dio Sabbath more then Ozzy
and then there's Renaissance
very...proggy with chick singer...
people look at me like I am insane for liking them
James Taylor
Jethro Tull
I shouldn't even know these bands
but I do and love them
I like a few modern things eg-
Nightwish, Rhapsody in Fire, Dragonforce
Led Zeppelin -well who doesn't know them :lol:
Phil Collins solo is another huge favorite! :D


Um...I've heard of (and enjoy listening to) almost all of these. I don't like Nightwish though...I use earplugs to block out the lyrics, because I don't like the themes. My dad introduced me to all the older stuff. Did you know Styx actually had to cancel a concert in Arizona a couple years ago because they only sold SEVEN tickets? Now that's embarrassing.



LabPet
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jan 2007
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,824
Location: Canada

19 Mar 2008, 12:44 am

spudnik wrote:
Ya I use to hate disco ABBA, Bee Gees and KC & The Sunshine Band, I actually like it now, music tastes do change as we get older, I will shoot myself if I start liking Polka


Get worried when that becomes Lawrence Welk.


_________________
The ones who say “You can’t” and “You won’t” are probably the ones scared that you will. - Unknown


MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 19,810
Location: Earth

19 Mar 2008, 9:39 am

:oops: Here it goes........ Marry Poppins songs. :|

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocous even though the sound of it sounds simply quite atrosicous.

Chim Chiminey Chim Chimney Chim Chim Cheroo a sweep is as lucky as lucky can be.

Feed the birds that's what she cries listen listen they're calling to you. :star:

Just a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down, the medicine go down the medicine go down. Just a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down, in the most delightful way.


I can't get these embarassing songs out of my head. I just had to type these out while singing them. :x



spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Age: 58
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,176
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada

19 Mar 2008, 10:23 am

MissConstrue wrote:
:lol: The Polka. Octor lieber augustin augustin augustin, octor lieber augustein zing zing zing wieg.

Alright I don't know much German, I just know this annoying polka song that keeps running in my head.

For me its the Chicken Dance Polka :lol: http://www.oldworld.ws/chickenhistory.html



MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 19,810
Location: Earth

19 Mar 2008, 11:09 am

:lol: ya ya ya. Beer anyone?



Last edited by MissConstrue on 19 Mar 2008, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lurv
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2007
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 249

19 Mar 2008, 11:10 am

Huh, well, I like "Girlfriend" by Avril Lavigne.



9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jan 2007
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,893

19 Mar 2008, 8:06 pm

Beenthere,

I like all the songs you mentioned.



Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Age: 52
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,248
Location: Pa.

19 Mar 2008, 10:31 pm

9CatMom wrote:
Beenthere,

I like all the songs you mentioned.


Thanks. :D

Think I messed up on Working in a coal mine...I think that was Lee Dorsey, although I think Sam Cooke did it too.

I used to have a enormous collection of 45's from the 50's & 60's when I was in my teens, I was obsessed with music from that era quite a bit...still love it.

Patches...Dickey Lee
Mother-In-Law...Ernie K. Doe
Little Bitty Pretty One...the version sung by Harris


_________________
*Normal* is just a setting on the dryer.


MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2006
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,935
Location: England

20 Mar 2008, 6:55 pm

I grew to like Rollin', by Limp Bizkit.

It was like a cancer on my eardrums...


_________________
Why so serious?


Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,321
Location: Beyond the Void

20 Mar 2008, 9:38 pm

gypsyRN wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
what 18 year old listens to
Styx? (the old 70's pop stuff)
REO Speedwagon
Fleetwood Mac
Genesis
Heart?

all pop era's I enjoy
I also like Rush and Black Sabbath but I like the Dio Sabbath more then Ozzy
and then there's Renaissance
very...proggy with chick singer...
people look at me like I am insane for liking them
James Taylor
Jethro Tull
I shouldn't even know these bands
but I do and love them
I like a few modern things eg-
Nightwish, Rhapsody in Fire, Dragonforce
Led Zeppelin -well who doesn't know them :lol:
Phil Collins solo is another huge favorite! :D


Um...I've heard of (and enjoy listening to) almost all of these. I don't like Nightwish though...I use earplugs to block out the lyrics, because I don't like the themes. My dad introduced me to all the older stuff. Did you know Styx actually had to cancel a concert in Arizona a couple years ago because they only sold SEVEN tickets? Now that's embarrassing.


yeah well without Dennis DeYoung they are kinda sucky
and of coruce the death of the great John Panozzo never helped either, and Chuck getting AIDS-he's still alive thankfully-and hopefully will be at the Styx concert in April :)



azpoetchris
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 20 Jul 2007
Age: 54
Gender: Female
Posts: 102
Location: Somewhere between 'here' and 'there'...

21 Mar 2008, 1:42 am

Anyone remember "My Melody Of Love" by Bobby Vinton? 8O
I can't seem to forget the song, or the polka-like accordion music... thanks to a family member who overplayed it back in the 70's!!
How about Freddie Fender ("Wasted Days And Wasted Nights" and "Before The Next Tear Drop Falls")? I liked his music back then... and still do. :D


_________________
"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice!"

Rush, "Free Will" (1980)


Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 May 2007
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,024
Location: Poland

21 Mar 2008, 12:13 pm

I like listening to some songs of Aqua and Abba :D



collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 737

09 Apr 2008, 6:40 am

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocous

Is it just me who gets very irritated over weird words such as this or words that rhyme...they honestly make me violent :evil:

I also hate Digimon theme , over & over again with the brain washing

lol......