Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Paperplate
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Apr 2008, 2:44 am

I bottled things up that me unhappy with my family when I was growing up. Whenever I raised an opinion I would not be taken seriously. Now I get accusations that I never talked about my problems. :evil:

Specter
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 2:48 am

sounds unfair, but not uncommon :( I'm sorry for you. I tend to just be quiet most of the time. My full nickname is actually "the Silent Specter" because I'm always there, but never the object of anyone's attention (which is how I like it).

Well, I'll listen to your feelings. :)

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 5:13 am

When I was in my late twenties or maybe early thirties, my mother said she wished I shared more of my thoughts and feelings with her, she didn't know about my AS then and I hadn't learn't how to do that then. She was always telling me off for the blunt things I said though such as remarks about her very white legs! I won't repeat how I described them to her after she asked how she looked in her much too short trousers 8O

Specter
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 11:53 am

Kaleido wrote:
She was always telling me off for the blunt things I said

yup. I almost got slapped for that when I was little. :( not by my mom though. :)

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 9:50 pm

"better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt!" - Samuel Clemens...;)

I do a lot of it, and not just the '7 words'...the less I say, the better things seem to go...

Specter
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 10:03 pm

isn't that Mark Twain?

Specter
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 10:05 pm

I honestly don't worry all that much about what I say; the people whom I know accept me for my quirks and oddities :D

RohrbachDS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Apr 2008, 10:14 pm

I have a really bad habit of bottling everything up, very rarely letting most of it out. Bad thing is, it's really starting to take it's toll on my :(

AliceinOz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Apr 2008, 6:10 am

sometimes I feel as if I'm in danger of vanishing because I have to censor myself so often. What is the point of me being here? Some people assume that my observations are negative when they are just observations - and I can't help it that I notice things earlier than most other people. I try not to say things just to protect myself but I feel like I'm dying inside. It really hurts to be constantly misunderstood when I am already censoring myself so harshly.

Specter
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2008, 11:22 am

If I try to bottle things up, I inevitably explode :S

Fayed
Toucan
Toucan

24 Apr 2008, 4:05 pm

like others, i bottle up everything. Like others, its taking it s toll. That being said lately i tried letting more emotions out and the results are somewhat disheartening. I really wish i could just express my emotions like NT's.

Specter
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2008, 4:06 pm

it's funny, but I tend to seem more NT when I'm more outgoing. :S

Roseduelist
Raven
Raven

24 Apr 2008, 7:11 pm

I always made sure to never cry in public

jamescampbell
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Apr 2008, 10:06 am

i kinda bottle up my problems so nobody knows. but it's kinda taking a toll. but it's usefull practice for a compotition cause you can stop yourself looking nervous and some juges rate you higher if you don't look nervous for some reason.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 12:05 pm

I censor myself in two circumstances.

1. To avoid confrontational situations. I don't tend to argue with anyone about anything and just walk away even if the other person is being offensive or saying something wrong. I never know what to say if emotions are involved. Logic fine, emotions no. As a kid in such situations I often became violent and hit anyone who offended me. However, as I reached my mid-teens I found this meant I had no friends and I would likely end up in deep trouble. So I just learnt to walk away.

2. The other situation I tend to censor myself with (nowadays) is about emotional things, sex, bodily functions or anything gruesome as some people find my simple frankness disturbing. A common reply to me is "too much information" or "don't go there".

Specter
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 12:09 pm

I censor myself when it's something that I think others would find offensive. :S unfortunately, I don't always know.

hey, I passed you off for posts :D