Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Adrie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Mar 2008, 8:59 am

Brainsforbreakfast wrote:
I hate weekends.
Why?
Because I wait all through the week, hoping something nice or exiting will happen in the weekend,
and as much as I try, or go out, or call some friends, it's just so uneventfull.

Basicly, it's a same crap / different day feeling.

That's true for me sometimes too. And I do like having the routine of the week as well, not only because it's comforting to have a routine, but it keeps me too busy to worry about anything...On the weekends I have a lot of free time to have little freak outs. :roll:

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2008, 9:26 am

I love my wknds cos i look forward 2 play cricket n tennis where as da weekdayz r quite boring as i only volunteer once a wk.

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2008, 9:34 am

Nope, I love the weekends. I'm always looking forward to any time off, like this Friday, I get a 3 day weekend because it's Good Friday! Yeah for me! And I get the first week of April off for Spring Break! That's 9 days off in a row. :D I like being able to do what I want when I want for as long as I want, and not having to schedule that around work is great.

I work 2nd shift, so I do all my errands in the mornings on the weekdays, less people in the grocery stores and on the roads and such.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2008, 9:47 am

My routine is weekly. Every Monday is the same, every Tuesday is the same...

So happy me, I love weekends. And I hate school, so I naturally love every school-free day.

preludeman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2008, 9:48 pm

I only hate the weekend if I have to work them(this weekend for example)and if the weather is bad.

Hyzera
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Mar 2008, 10:05 pm

I love weekends. It gives me 2 days of freedom, and gets me away from people.

No social interaction for 2 days! Woot!

Hedgehog
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Mar 2008, 10:44 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
Hedgehog wrote:
yea, I hate weekends too, but for different reasons. for one, there is Shabbos on saturday, which my classmates find irritating because they can't invite me over, or call me. and I prefer to do my own things on sundays, but it is rather lonely; sometimes I see my one friend, but he only likes to do what he wants to do and that is not really being friends, so that isn't that fun either.

when do you do your laundry? when do you shop for your meals? when do you clean your bath or kitchen or room? weekends are good for these things.

my mum does all of the shopping, so that is out of it. we rarely clean the house, but it's usually done during the week. sometimes I will clean my room, but that take 30 mins on average, so it doesn't take that much time.

loske
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Mar 2008, 6:43 pm

So glad to see this topic, it took me a long time to work out why I hated weekends and school holidays so much. I really needed that routine and its why I found uni so hard also - much less structure than school. I know that most people find their routine and feel more relaxed at home, but for me growing up I found it at school, and so when it came to weekend I felt lost and dragged around to places I hated by my parents.

It's taken me a long time to teach myself to relax when I'm at home (25years), but now I appreciate it sooo much. I still struggle on weekends a little, but if you can find small enjoyable things to bring some structure (like we always like to have breakfast at the same cafe every Saturday) then you can really learn to relax with it.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 8:20 pm

No, but I typically don't like being off on weekends- I prefer working then; more business. I like being off from work on weekDAYS, reason being- not as many people out, and since I always had to go to school Monday-Friday, well..it's just this feeling of freedom...

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 8:22 pm

I love weekends!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 8:24 pm

Kingdom of Rats,

I so agree about time spent with cats! On weekends I get plenty of "quality cat time." I like weekdays and weekends equally. I have a job that I love, with comforting routines and a consistent amount of work. There are plenty of positives for me. I tend to keep busy and read a lot, or do crosswords and word puzzles every day.

French author Collette said, "Time spent with cats is never wasted."

hitormist
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Mar 2008, 9:02 pm

Part of the reason my life is so mixed up is that I work 5 days from 7, so there is little fixed routine on that part. This quite often means working weekends (I'd rather be at cricket or refereeing football though, as these are predominantly weekend activities). The advantages of working weekends is that I am off during the week, and this usually means everywhere is quieter to do things like shopping, or going out for a walk in the counrtyside.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 9:05 pm

No, I hate weekdays!

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2008, 8:29 am

My weekends have their own routine. For example, every Saturday at 11:30AM I go out to eat at a Chinese buffet across the street from my apartment.

Compiku

19 Mar 2008, 9:47 pm

Weekends are kind of a double-edged sword for me. On one hand, it's nice to break free from the parts of my routine that I don't like (getting up early, working on schoolwork all day), but on the flip side there seems to be no routines at all on weekends. On a typical Saturday I could be up and out by 9:00 or I could be in bed till 11:00. Sundays are a little better, but there's still no set routine.

The other downside to weekends for me is that I'm the only one in my family who is homeschooled (online). So everyone else in the house, who has been going to work and school all week, just wants to stay home, but for me the weekends are my only chance to get out of the house (well, outside my neighborhood, anyway), and I like to take advantage of that.

tybald
Raven
Raven

20 Mar 2008, 6:18 am

As a child particularly I always hated Sundays. They always gave me an emotion which I still can't put into words. The closest I could get to describing it is a sense of overwhelming emptiness and sadness that continued until the Monday routine really kicked in.