Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2008, 2:23 am

Ok I was thinking tomorrow I would talk to a girl I like as she normally walks by me and I was wondering if it would be to forward to ask if I could walk with her to wherever she was going assuming she was going somewhere I could like another class so that I could actually talk to her and not make her late for whatever it is she does after she walks by me :P as for me I'm usually just sitting there for half and hour just waiting for my class to start. I've never really talked to her and wanted to know if that would be odd or to forward for a first conversation to suggest that?

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2008, 2:35 am

I think it's a tad odd. Asking makes it a bit more-so.

There's someone I tutor with, that I'm not exactly interested in... but she's nice and all. We were closing up the center, and I waited for her in the hall so we could walk and talk... it kind of put her off... she said "you waited for me?" But we and a nice little conversation anyways.

I think if you just start talking it'll be fine, find something to talk about and get to it... then it's perfectly natural and social way to do it.

Conversations with girls is actually sort of easy, you just start asking questions about what they are doing... in a legitimately interested way. If she likes you she'll ask questions about you...

Wanting more than what I have might appear as greed.

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2008, 2:45 am

I don't wait for her I sit right outside my next class on mwf and she just walks by shes in my t/th class in alg as for talking to her I can probably manage to start it but I can't ever seem to think of stuff to talk about, I try things ppl suggest like classes and things but they just let it die and expect me to add something or bring up a new topic they just look at me like well why aren't you talking?! And I struggle to not look weird but end up just staring blankly w/o anything to say and the convo ends and I look away.... I just want an excuse to keep it going long enough to find something to talk about that will bring me to speak and not just say stupid things to keep my lips going.

Complex
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Mar 2008, 5:15 am

Why not just say "hi"?

Rack
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Mar 2008, 10:26 am

Most people love to talk about themselves, so if you just ask enough open questions you can usually keep a conversation going. Sometimes the conversation will grind to a halt, either because the other person is naturally quite taciturn or there's just no connection between you. Either way if the conversation becomes forced there's not a lot you can do, a common definition of a bore is someone who speaks when you want them to listen so if you're just speaking for the sake of it then that won't get anywhere. It may be better to just organise an "out" if the conversation becomes stilted.

beef_bourito
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2008, 11:23 am

think of something that might be relevant and interesting to talk about beforehand, just to get the conversation going. if the conversation dies, ask about her, something like where she's from, what she likes, anything. if she says something that interests you talk about that, if you have something in common it's easier to talk to someone.

the_incident
Raven
Raven

17 Mar 2008, 4:51 pm

KingofKaboom wrote:
Ok I was thinking tomorrow I would talk to a girl I like as she normally walks by me and I was wondering if it would be to forward to ask if I could walk with her to wherever she was going

Yes. Too forward. I'm assuming you've never talked to her before. If you have a class with her, better to start a simple conversation there.