Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 12:33 pm

Yeah, I was with a guy that did some very heavy weed. I had a bad reaction to it though. I'm on antideppresents. I think that might have something to do with it.

Bluesummers
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 12:42 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
Yeah, I was with a guy that did some very heavy weed. I had a bad reaction to it though. I'm on antideppresents. I think that might have something to do with it.

Only been on anti-depressants once, for like...2 months? And being the expert chemist that I'm not, dunno how they would react. But I'm still curious, bad reaction?

I get those. THC is a very fickle drug. It's supposed to be a cure for nausea, yet sometimes when I smoke it I'll get very lightheaded and sick. And then cigarettes. Cigarettes KILL me when I'm high, they take that nausea to the most extremes.

Furthermore, I sometimes become really anxious and even more withdrawn from other people when I'm high. Guess it's the paranoia, plus the fact that I can't seem to project my voice very well at all. Somewhat the opposite of booze, you could call it.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 12:46 pm

Weed is also not that easy to get around here. Plus, I never know what it's been laced with.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 12:48 pm

I'm just not good at spotting a peddler if you get my meaning. :roll:

Last edited by MissConstrue on 18 Mar 2008, 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluesummers
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 12:49 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
Weed is also not that easy to get around here. Plus, I never know what it's been laced with.

8O weeds everywhere, darling. And laced? People sell weed to make money, they're not gonna sell you more than what you paid for. But it's still good to be cautious, just not paranoid. Chances are you're very close to someone who tokes and you don't know it, ask around. :wink:

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 12:54 pm

That reminds me of that Reefer Madness. :P

Bluesummers
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 12:56 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
That reminds me of that Reefer Madness. :P

WEED IS BAD, MMKAY?! !!

*continues to drink his liver to hell*

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 1:08 pm

:tired: Love South Park, esp. the part when Mr. Mackey's head floats around when he trips on LSD.

Bluesummers
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 1:10 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
:tired: Love South Park, esp. the part when Mr. Mackey's head floats around when he trips on LSD.

Towelie, where are you when we need you? *picks up his phone and tries to play "Funky Town" with the buttons*

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 6:08 pm

I have never drank a drop of alcohol and I will never do it. I have alcoholism in my family and I have an addictive personality.

ChloeK
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Mar 2008, 7:35 pm

I drink occasionally. Once I get a couple of drinks in me then I generally don't stop until I'm sick and it's unpleasant, but before that I have a good time being social and snuggling on people. Generally, I'm a touch-me-not sort of person so it's a nice change. I have never drunk enough that I black out- once I start feeling sick, it's quitting time for me.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 7:48 pm

I tried a beer last weekend. It tasted terrible, and I won't touch another.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 7:57 pm

I have been a habitual heavy drinker in the past, and I am a moderate drinker now. I don't immediately start drinking every night the minute the sun goes down, but it is almost a must-have for social occasions because of my social anxiety. It is alot easier to deal with the noise and the people and everything with a drink in front of me...The down side is if I don't become uninhibited and cheerful and make a fool of myself, i can get depressed and irritable, and even more anxious and then prone to pretty nasty meltdowns and/or blackouts.

Flakey(my boyfriend) is the same way..he cannot participate in social events without drinking..and that is one of the reasons why we stay in alot...He can get really weird and wreckless and impossible to control when he has been drinking alot...
it is also one of the factors that we both realised we had in common, before we started our relationship....When I met him, I was going through a really lonely, unstable heavy drinking phase. I think he drank alot more back then too. We both have parents who drink.
We don't drink nearly as much as we used to.

Space
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 9:31 pm

IdahoAspie wrote:
How does drinking impact you?

Let's just say that I'm an alcoholic. I would drink to overcome my AS, but I wouldn't stop. It helped me deal with the isolation and loneliness, but eventually made it worse. So now I'm serving 2 life sentences: AS and being alcoholic/addict for the rest of my life.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 9:37 pm

MissConstrue wrote:

That was a good episode.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 9:41 pm

If I limit myself to no more than 3 in a night, it opens me up somewhat. I've had nights when I had 6 drinks - all spaced out after taking 2 shots frat boy style and I was able to handle myself.