[ Poll ] Ladies: How important are a man's looks to you?

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Ladies: How important are a man's looks to you?
Very 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Somewhat 22%  22%  [ 17 ]
Not very 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
Not at all 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
I am just a curious bastard guy who wants to see the results :P 58%  58%  [ 45 ]
Total votes : 78

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 1:01 pm

^I like blondes.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 1:18 pm

That's a good choice. :wink:

wisteria
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Mar 2008, 1:46 pm

Not at all, but cleanliness and not smelling bad are important to me.

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 8:56 pm

A man has to be attractive for me to stay hooked.
I've tried to date the homely, it doesn't work.
Sorry.

ford_prefects_kid
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 9:25 pm

"somewhat" on both of these threads is very misleading, i think.

For example, some people might think "somewhat" means at least a 6-7 on their personal 1-10 scale, while others might think it means a 3. I think a lot of the time guys require a higher number.

Personally, if he's very witty and intelligent and has a decent voice...it would be very hard for me not to be taken in, regardless of appearance. But I put "somewhat" because the voice is technically a physical trait...and also there has to be something about the face that draws me in.

muffrudge
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Mar 2008, 9:47 pm

i agree wholeheartedly with the comments about not finding classically good-looking men that attractive - i think in my case it might be a prejudice about very good-looking people being shallow and one-dimensional, or that it's another way in which i like to go against the grain, or because it's been imposed on me by a society by which i've felt so rejected that i haven't felt it's even expected of me to act according to its norms because i've tried and failed to, because i'm a born misfit, so the label is so ingrained now that it shapes how i perceive things and act most of the time.

what i find to be the most attractive attributes in a man are animation in his face and body language, a penetrating gaze (a bit of a cliche maybe but i like it), a strong and distinctive voice, dark hair, a slim physique, being reasonably tall. in terms of non-physical attributes, he also has to be intelligent and educated, and extroversion and warmth are very desirable too. i suppose in many ways, the type of guy i just outlined is the antithesis of myself in that i'm quite reserved, not that self-assured (although i only make my insecurities known to those closest to me because i hate to appear needy) and so i need someone who will nurture me.
but rather than wanting to displace my ego into someone else, there;s always this part of me that's weirdly envious of the object of my affections because they're everything i've always wanted to be. this proably wasn't the best topic to post this rambling in but does anyone else know what i mean by that?

SierraBell
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Mar 2008, 3:33 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
Alright, I confess, I like guys who use or have French names even if they mean something silly like small.

XD I actually just want to least look at the guy without flinching. So are a guys looks important to me? erm...in way...yeah... :oops: :?

madam_mim
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Mar 2008, 8:07 pm

Hygiene and a well-kept appearance matter more to me than classic good looks. I'd rather have an average-looking guy who showers regularly, wears deodorant, and is realatively clean-shaven than a malodorous "Stud Muffin" any day.

Nico
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2008, 8:10 pm

I like men with long hair and a well-kept appearance.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2008, 8:37 pm

Bonjour!! !

I didn't know how to respond on this forum but I think there's some members here that responded for me.

Averick and Nico and wisteria

Although long hair isn't that important. But no matter how good looking a guy is, it isn't the looks per se. I can immediaetly be unattracted to an attractive guy b/c of his attitude. It's mostly they're personality. Kind of like that other forum where I asked guys what they look for in a woman besides her looks.

petal
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Mar 2008, 1:07 am

Well it could be about looks, but its more about one of a few things. I only really go for guys who are smart, have long hair, are quirky, are different, have similar interests to me, are shy or are attractive. It's not all about the looks ( but they do play a little part)

ccflowergirl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 2:57 pm

difforent things are good looking to difforent peaple,
when the lights are out ... ???...all there is is feeling and feelings, no looks. but some times its looks that get you there, (or personalaty?)
i like tall guys, but iam only 5 ft. 0 ,so... that fits most.
most peaple don't want to feel a big roll of fat(i guess some do??)
but then thats all boobs and ass are, and most guys like them, right?? hell i even like them,( my own)(girls gota do what a girls got to do!)
its all in the personalaty, the question is do people with AS have a personalaty?? (of couse) but i think that it takes me longer to show so one and some times they've already moved on be for i've come out of my shell or I've just pain scared them! by showing them to soon!(lol)
thats the hard part, i some times think that its not hard for me to get a NT guy( damb sure not going it again) and i never was sure of weather they didn't like my weiredness (iwas too uniquic??) or may be that the AS just makes me a eazy mark for a neurotypical barbarienne to use. shame on me not learning to read the signs.

DazzleKitty
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Mar 2008, 1:45 am

Somewhat. I don't expect an adonis because I myself have my imperfections. I would like a guy that's average. I don't want someone who is ugly, but this is only human I suppose. I mean....your sex life isn't going to be great if the person's looks gross you out, ya know?

Average is nice. I would like him to also take care of himself and have nice hygeine.