[ Poll ] Ladies: How important are a man's looks to you?

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ladies: How important are a man's looks to you?
Very 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Somewhat 22%  22%  [ 17 ]
Not very 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
Not at all 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
I am just a curious bastard guy who wants to see the results :P 58%  58%  [ 45 ]
Total votes : 78

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 6:47 pm

please register your opinion.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 6:55 pm

I would state an opinion or comment but I don't want to cause a volcano. This Love and Dating is like the ghetto.

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 7:00 pm

I dont think it is wether someone is clasically good looking but more how they smile or a glint in their eye. I think attraction is more about smell and chemicals. I think guys like you not to like them though as when I come on to them they run a mile but if I be rejecting to a guy he will pester me- that is probably about wanting people of a higher status than oneself with a mix of murphys law thrown in. I think its very easy to find people attractive that are like minded or tallented. I think everyone likes different looks just how people prefer different breeds of dogs -only in our culture its like we all want to be poodles and are upset that we are not.

Complex
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Mar 2008, 7:12 pm

If everybody takes a minute to read this post:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt60429.html
they will understand why I started the poll on Men's opinions of the importance of a woman's looks. It certainly was not to offend but to make a larger point to the guys. Sorry if I pissed anyone off as it wasn't my intention.

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 7:16 pm

Complex wrote:
they will understand why I started the poll on Men's opinions of the importance of a woman's looks. It certainly was not to offend but to make a larger point to the guys. Sorry if I pissed anyone off as it wasn't my intention.

why do you think you pissed people off?

Complex
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Mar 2008, 7:18 pm

lotusblossom wrote:
Complex wrote:

Because of option five in this poll.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 7:21 pm

You know I had some ppl put me down when asked about something similar to this topic. I had put down some confidence. They made it sound like my ideal was a guy with narcism. I didn't even mean that at all. I think it's a little sexy for a guy to be secure with themselves. That's how I define confidence. I wish I had more myself.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

20 Mar 2008, 8:23 pm

I answered "somewhat". This is not quite true.

It is highly important that he look good to me (really, really good!), but my standards are atypical.

Also, I don't care whether he gains 100 pounds or is maimed in a tragic car accident after the relationship begins. Once the attraction starts, it doesn't go away. But he has to get it in the first place.

Last edited by gwenevyn on 20 Mar 2008, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zee
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 8:24 pm

Not very--most of the guys I find unattractive is because they have ugly personalities. Personally I find the ideal male--guys like Brad Pitt and Justin Timberlake--to be very boring looking, very generic. I look for good personality, and that's usually reflected in a person's facial expression, their stance, their clothes, the things they say. If someone is really overweight then it's not very attractive, but personally I don't mind chubby guys. It's all about character--confidence, sense of humour, and a warm-friendly type attitude.

Whivit
Raven
Raven

20 Mar 2008, 8:59 pm

I know very few people will believe my answer, but whatever.

I don't care at all how a man looks, or how a woman looks. Since I generally talk to people online, looks are completely unimportant, for obvious reasons; but even irl, I don't care at all how people look. I tend not to look at people anyhow, and when I do it's more like how I'd look at furniture--it's there, something to distract my eye for a moment.
Really, the way someone looks is just... how they were born. They have no say over it, just like you can't decide whether you're born with AS. Not to mention that most people tend to look the same to me, but that's a different subject...
Oh, and as for clothes, I don't notice them, yeah. And by that I don't mean I see people as being naked, I just uh, don't pay attention to clothes. o__o;;

Basically, all I care about is personality. But I'm very picky when it comes to that, heh.

Complex
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Mar 2008, 9:18 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
You know I had some ppl put me down when asked about something similar to this topic. I had put down some confidence. They made it sound like my ideal was a guy with narcism. I didn't even mean that at all. I think it's a little sexy for a guy to be secure with themselves. That's how I define confidence. I wish I had more myself.

It's natural and normal to like confident people. Confident doesn't mean arrogant, rather comfortable within them self and in command of them self. That's all. You've nothing to answer for if you're attracted to people who happen to like and trust themselves.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 9:18 pm

gwenevyn wrote:
Also, I don't care whether he gains 100 pounds or is maimed in a tragic car accident after the relationship begins.

8O Hmmm, life with you sounds... interesting. :o Hopefully, those aren't requisites! :lol:

I can see your dating profile:

fictitious profile wrote:
Negatives:
You'll have to undergo some... adjustments. 8) (Now where did I put those car keys?)

Positives:
I'll love you afterwards, and forever. :heart: I will always be there to push your chair around, and will readily feed you through your straw.

:lmao:

Last edited by Ragtime on 20 Mar 2008, 9:30 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 9:21 pm

gwenevyn wrote:
I answered "somewhat". This is not quite true.

It is highly important that he look good to me (really, really good!), but my standards are atypical.

Also, I don't care whether he gains 100 pounds or is maimed in a tragic car accident after the relationship begins. Once the attraction starts, it doesn't go away. But he has to get it in the first place.

yep!

and i can't quite pin down a certain look for me either......... about the only thing they seem to have in common that i like are big noses

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 7:57 am

Complex wrote:
lotusblossom wrote:
Complex wrote:

Because of option five in this poll.

You can't detect the sense of humor, don't you? :-/

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 10:28 am

I like small, chubby guys, with spiked hair, blue eyes, round ears and long tails. :O)

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 12:33 pm

Alright, I confess, I like guys who use or have French names even if they mean something silly like small.