Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

CaptainMac
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Mar 2008, 9:46 pm

Is this a problem that could be related to AS?

I basically need my room to be at least 75 if not higher. Can't stand any outdoor weather below about 67 or so.

loske
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Mar 2008, 9:50 pm

I also hate the cold and find it very difficult to warm up once I am cold. I have a low normal body temperature (35C) so thought maybe its that.

It really badly affects my moods and ability to cope also - especially if its wet - wearing layers of clothes make me want to SCREAM!

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 9:56 pm

I sometimes have that problem, too, except mine is caused by hypothyriodism. When I'm taking my medication, and my levels are normal, then I'm fine with cold temps. I think if you have very many of the other symptoms of hypothyriod, you ought to get it checked. Here's a link to tell you more: http://health.yahoo.com/hormone-symptoms/hypothyroidism-symptoms/healthwise--aa34887.html

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 9:57 pm

67 degress with no wind would be fine weather for me. I don't think it's an aspie trait. People get cold. Some people wear shorts and sandles outside when It's 50 degrees outside

Nico
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 10:01 pm

I am always cold, even when it's hot. I always have my electric blanket on at night and the radiators turned up.

CowboyFromHell
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 10:05 pm

I love the cold. When I leave my window open at night, I enjoy waking up freezing to death and rearranging the covers back over me.

NeoPlatonist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Mar 2008, 1:00 am

I'm more sensitive to heat than I am to cold. The warehouse I work in is unheated and I would typically work in jeans and a short sleeve shirt down in the mid 30s. When it hit 55 degrees or so I was dripping sweat. Not sure what I will do this summer when it will probably hit 100+ degrees inside, probably burst into flames... :?

jayssite

21 Mar 2008, 1:30 am

Huh, weird. I'm actually rather insensitive to cold. People are always telling me "ZOMG ITS DECEMBER WHYTF ARENT YOU WEARING A JACKET" -- which annoys the f**k out of me because why should the month determine attire, instead of how cold I [don't] feel?

Oh wait, on the other hand, when I'm indoors, it's a totally different story for some reason. I need it to be nice and warm, oftentimes warmer than is comfortable for other people.

MJIthewriter
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Mar 2008, 1:56 am

I hate cold (internal temperatures under 70).

Winter is torture. End of sentence.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 2:03 am

I'm allergic to the cold, i have cold utercaria, where when im out in the cold, i get hives, if long enough i can pass out, and any longer probably die. So I hate cold as well haha.

dosh
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Mar 2008, 8:37 am

I have trouble functioning when it's too cold but also when it's too hot. I am also prone to heat stroke.

dosh
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Mar 2008, 8:44 am

I have trouble functioning when it's too cold but also when it's too hot. I am also prone to heat stroke.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 8:47 am

I have the opposite to an extreme, warmth over 25°C are truley maddening.

Yes, from what I know, this can happen to someone with any ASD (and even to those without) as it's a sensory issue when bordering the extreme.

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 8:52 am

I used to be a "Gfrööri" (a Swiss German word signifying somebody who's often cold) until I decided to stuff myself and gain eight kilograms. Now the cold doesn't bother me so much anymore - though to be honest, I'm wearing a sweater vest and a cardigan as I'm typing this.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 10:35 am

I've always hated the cold too. I can't function at all during the early hours of a winter morning. I also hate when it's too hot. I have some trouble breathing and my entire body itches when it's hot, but that's because of my liver condition.

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 11:03 am

I figured out once that I needed to be in a 74 degree room (F) in order to feel comfortable. I am ALWAYS cold. I wear a big parka and beanie to work certain days and am contemplating getting an underdesk space heater just to keep warm. Everyone else is fine but I'm cold.
I have been thinking I'm anemic or lacking in iron or something, but perhaps it is another facet of AS?