Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Mar 2008, 3:43 am

i like to go to the beach at nite by myself

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

23 Mar 2008, 4:30 am

I love going for walks in the middle of nowhere...where I am surrounded by trees, flowers and animals in all directions.

mac266
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Mar 2008, 7:47 am

Camping, hunting, hiking, "peak bagging" (i.e. climbing Colorado's 14ers, or 14,000 foot mountains), hunting, fishing, shooting, etc...yeah, I'd say I like the outdoors. Most of those things I do by myself, too.

"Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live, taking the form of readiness to die." -G.K. Chesterton

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2008, 9:54 am

I love to be outside during the spring or fall and recently winter wasn't too cold either. It gets really hot in the summer around here, too hot to do anything.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2008, 9:59 am

I have to remind myself to go on bike rides...I love to just space out on my bike...
I am, however particularly sensitive to the sun and burn really easily...so i have to wear a hat...which can be kinda hard on a bike...

I did have a panic attack the last time I went camping... :oops:

skahthic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2008, 10:22 am

I like walking in the woods--- I guess I should be afraid of wild animals, but most of my scary encounters happen in urban areas where the "wild animals" are--- people!

Metal_Man
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2008, 11:34 am

jawbrodt wrote:
Am I the only Aspie that likes to hunt and fish? I don't hunt too much anymore, because I am now a fellon, and lost my priviledges to posess/own a gun, but I still fish periodically throughout the year. I also like to ride atvs, camp, hike, and maybe biking again, someday. I grew up next to the forest, and enjoy just about anything related to the outdoors. It's in my blood. :wink:

Hunting and fishing are two of my obssessions.

Wrackspurt
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2008, 3:41 am

If I have to leave the house I either head up the mountains or to the beach. Horseback riding is a great escape too.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2008, 9:10 pm

I prefer indoors.

demoluca
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2008, 9:17 pm

I like both pretty much equally.

Out doors is great if they're aren't many bugs.>->

Indoors has internets.

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Mar 2008, 10:09 pm

Not me. My idea of outside is the space between the front door and my car. I'm allergic to most stuff outside, so I don't really enjoy it greatly. I like my outside as controlled and comfortable as I can get it. I know, it's obsessive,but I can't do anything about it. That's just the way I like it.

slwilbur
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Mar 2008, 10:57 pm

Backpacking is my very very best way to decompress, and fortunately my hubby loves to go with me (and leave me alone as needed when we're out there). I taught him backpacking. Exercise helps my brain a great deal, I've found, and he taught me xc and alpine skiing and mountain biking. Those get a wilderness dose and exercise, too! My whole system just decompresses out in nature. I find it so comforting. It's my favorite thing to do with free time (it's where I "go" on vacation!)

On fishing, I had an obsession with fishing as a kid, haven't done it in a while, but do feel the itch! I used to row a boat out on a lake and just stay there for hours and hours. No cell phones back then, nothing to disturb me. I'd put a line in and bake in the sun and take a nap or think or just be. I'd know it's time to go in when I got hungry or cold.

On hunting, it's a new obsession, haven't learned what I need to be "competent" yet, but my dad is going to teach me. I've been paying attention to where my food comes from, and I think that the big game out there have had a much better life than the cows in a feed lot, or even those that have been humanely treated. I'm excited for being able to get out there and be successful at filling the freezer.

Neale
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Mar 2008, 1:45 pm

I like to walk at night. I can't seem to filter any one thing out, so I hear nightbirds and people's TVs, or smell late-night BBQ's and the scent of dryer scents. It's like a noisy, but very soothing concert just for me.