Aspies Bashing NT? Are you for it or against it?

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Do you hate NT?
Yes 6%  6%  [ 4 ]
No. 94%  94%  [ 58 ]
Total votes : 62

Chimchar
Toucan
Toucan

21 Mar 2008, 4:29 pm

i read around the internet, and came across articles about NT Bashing. Stuff like

I HATE NT'S: They are so stuck up. They love to pick on people for their own ego boost. I'm so glad I'm an Aspie and not one of those myspace obsessed brats.

Oh, I;m so glad to be an aspie because I'm WAY smarter than NT's and I can prove it.

Oh don't listen to those NT's, they are so ignorant and stupid. They think they know everything about us Aspies, we can prove them wrong.

the all famous: Oh, I'm sorry I don't understand you. I don't speak curebie.

This also happen in real life. Especially myself.
When people say i'm smart, I let it get to my head. I always talk talk talk making emphasis on being right. I hated being wrong. I tend to use words that I expect my peers to understand. When people don't understand what a simple word means, I look down on them as stupid and uneducated. I don't realize I'm patronizing them. Who would not know what the word "procrastinate" means?

I also read that many Aspies do not advocate bashing NT's. Not even this site would allow it. But many Aspies love to bash NT's. And looking back to what they've been through, I can't blame them. I hated NT's for the way they've treated me.

Why do Aspies like to patronize NT's?

Why are some Aspies against NT bashing?

The_Cucumber
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 4:40 pm

You need more options.

I am for bashing NT's if, and only if they deserve it. Sure most of them are ignorant on Asperger's Syndrome but who can blame them? They could easily know 100 people and not one Aspie. Aspperger's Syndrome has only been documented since 1944, while NT's have been well known as far back as 128,000 B.C. (the scientific dawn of humanity) That's 203,025% longer!

Saying all NT's are alike and bashing them is just as ignorant as saying all Aspies are alike.

Jeyradan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Mar 2008, 4:52 pm

If we (the people whom NTs don't understand) are going to look for acceptance of our quirks, and gentleness in the way we are treated, we can do no less for the NTs (the people we don't understand).
It's hard to do - there are a million reasons why, and I haven't gotten past them yet either - but at the very least I see no reason for anyone to "bash" anyone else.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 4:54 pm

I don't agree with bashing NTs. I see no point in it. Each of our strengths compliment each other. We need both aspies and NTs, in the workplace. Aspies have a stronger work epic and the NTs have the stronger social skills, so it all evens out.

Puck_The_Trickster
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Mar 2008, 4:54 pm

Bashing NT's as a group while we want them to treat us with respect.

That adds a whole new level to double standards.

If the person is a jerk then get mad at him, don't get mad at everyone because one person is an as*hole.

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 5:05 pm

Why?

Chimchar
Toucan
Toucan

21 Mar 2008, 5:08 pm

i'm not advocating it. Just not sure if I should take sides or anything like that.

Why it's okay, and why some think it is not okay?

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 5:10 pm

I'm friends with NTs only. My parent and family is also non-autistic and officially NT.

I don't hate NTs and I left forums where the majority of aspies and auties were making insulting remarks about NTs. I don't like people generalising and making fun of any group, however way their brain is wired. It's not like anyone wakes up in the morning and decides to be NT or non-autistic or autistic.

I also found it astonishing hypocritical to look down on and bully NTs and then complain that NTs look down on and bully autistic people. Something even more astonishing is that hand in hand with NT bashing sometimes goes bashing any autistic person more lf than the autistic basher. That's the supremacy of hypocrisy.

Why the autistic people bully?
For the same reason the NTs do it. A boost for those who are supposed lesser in society by putting down who they see even more inferior.

Edit: Corrected a silly spelling mistake that might have been misleading, sorry.

Last edited by Sora on 21 Mar 2008, 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chimchar
Toucan
Toucan

21 Mar 2008, 5:13 pm

Sora wrote:

Why they autistic people bully?
For the same reason the NTs do it. A boost for those who are supposed lesser in society by putting down who they see even more inferior.

Or it could be because they don't understand, like myself. Or they just want to get back at them for they way they are treated.

retropolismetropolis
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Mar 2008, 5:13 pm

Dear oh dear me. Why should they hate NT's because they treat them bad (which isn't very true most of the time). If the people with AS bash the NTs, they are proving themselves to be worse!

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 5:27 pm

Having been bullied by NT's all my life I can understand venting your frustration about a particular person who has been giving you a hard time, but lumping every NT into one group and saying you hate all of them because of your mistreatment at their hands if foolish, not every NT's goal in life is to make yours difficult.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 5:33 pm

This is a support site. We don't bash anyone here. Neurodiversity is inclusive, not exclusive.

- Emerson

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 5:38 pm

I am against it.

While I, like many of us on here, have my grievances against them, they still do not deserve to be bashed.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Last edited by Tim_Tex on 21 Mar 2008, 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 5:40 pm

Chimchar wrote:
Sora wrote:

Why they autistic people bully?

Or it could be because they don't understand, like myself. Or they just want to get back at them for they way they are treated.

Of course, you are right, getting back is another possibility that is true for many, but it is often connected with the attitude to make NTs look inferior and oneself better, which makes it unreasonable and like the playground of three-year-olds that accuse each other. I find it always hypocritical to demand of another what you are not willing to do yourself: respect and tolerance of the individual at all times.

A projection of hate towards all NTs is understandable as an emotional driven response, however it is nothing an intellectual and well-meaning agenda to help the autistic rights movement can be build on. Still, this is what the majority of these people demand. Recognition of autism.

The first one I didn't understand though, that you said that it is because autistic people don't understand. Sorry, I'm being really clueless I guess, haha. Did you mean that example you gave yourself about people being clueless about something that just really seems obvious to you? And then think they're stupid?

That's not like NT bashing, unless you conclude that your peers represent all NTs on the world and then say all NTs are uneducated and stupid. You wrote 'your peers' not 'your NT peers'. If you ever start saying NT when you denounce someone, then you are doing NT-bashing. That's simplified, but it's like that: If you start thinking of the word NT as associated with something rude, gross and dumb, inferior, stupid and way beneath you, then you're there.

Anyway, if you want to call that attitude anything, it might be 'being full of yourself because of letting people tell you you're smart getting to your head'. But from your posts on WP, I wouldn't say you're any like that, so no worries really.

If it lifts your spirit: I have a hunch I should know what procrastination means, but seriously, I have no idea. Gonna look it up now.

MJIthewriter
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Mar 2008, 5:44 pm

It's not cool to bash NT's any more than it is for them to bash us autistics.
End of statement.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 7:20 pm

The aNTi bash topic

AS full of bash? It is better to know people as individuals, and not lump people into a group. I have mentioned NT traits that I dislike, that have been instrumental in discriminating those living on the Autism Spectrum but I have never bashed any individual NT, as I cannot be sure that person is discriminating against an AS person, like myself.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo