Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

-
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Mar 2008, 10:30 am

I totally sympathize with this kid, having found myself in the same position, in the same hotseat (except on different charges). Can you believe that bastard cop's ego? Thinking that because he took some quick course in body language that he's such a damn expert, and that he can keep some kid detained and keep harassing him solely on the grounds that he thinks something is wrong with the body language... it makes me so sick I don't think I can even watch all the videos. People need to be taught that body language is never a reliable indicator of guilt or deceit. There is no universally reliable indicator, not even a polygraph test. Maybe there should be a greater focus on ethics in these training courses...

Diamonddavej
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2008, 10:39 am

I read about this a few days ago, I hope the cop is sacked. One thing cops should lern is Aspies rarely lie - you need social skills for that. Also, other research has shown that Aspies are less likely to suffer from False Memories - we are better and more reliable witnesses then NTs.

Lastly, I read that children remember events differently - children record information literally (like a recording) but adults remember the meaning of events leading them to create false memories. I'm sure Aspies use memory the same as children,I certainly record memories like a video tape. In fact, when I remember things I find myself struggling to extract the social meaning of my memories.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Mar 2008, 12:31 pm

Diamonddavej wrote:
I read about this a few days ago, I hope the cop is sacked. One thing cops should lern is Aspies rarely lie - you need social skills for that. Also, other research has shown that Aspies are less likely to suffer from False Memories - we are better and more reliable witnesses then NTs.

Lastly, I read that children remember events differently - children record information literally (like a recording) but adults remember the meaning of events leading them to create false memories. I'm sure Aspies use memory the same as children,I certainly record memories like a video tape. In fact, when I remember things I find myself struggling to extract the social meaning of my memories.

While I definatly think aspies can lie just as well as NT's and can suffer from failed memories just as much, I do agree at least for me that I record my memories like a video, very literally, and so my memory does not fail me much at all. I am surprised to hear that kids do that to but not adults! I wonder why that is?

dawndeleon
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2008, 12:10 pm

No offense to any cops out there..... but many cops will lie to you about anything, from threatening arrest for a search refusal....to blowing words out their a## to get you to confess something you didnt do.
The best FREE Legal advice I have heard.... Know Your Rights. If a cop asks you to come into your home, you dont have let him in or let him see inside your home. No warrant, no lookie. In fact, come outside and shut the door behind you to talk to the officer. You can refuse consent to a search. Upon arrest is a different story.
If you are arrested, remember the first line of your Miranda Rights... "You have a right to remain Silent...." They cannot make you say anything without your attorney present. If they object, repeat the line they told you themselves "i have a right to remain silent". In fact, its more fun to memorize Miranda rights and just recite it over and over...sure it will piss them off, but it will keep your story straight and you from confessing to something you didnt do.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2008, 8:42 am

Diamonddavej wrote:

I for one do not believe your claim.

-
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Mar 2008, 10:42 am

dawndeleon wrote:
The best FREE Legal advice I have heard.... Know Your Rights.

My favorite is that you have the right to end questioning at any time. You can save yourself a lot of stress by not even talking to them and playing along with their games.