Which of us ?????

ford_prefects_kid
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2008, 11:56 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
:lol: You're cute.

Which of us ?????[/quote]

I meant it as a euphemism towards quiet, but I'm sure you're adorable yourself. :wink:

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2008, 12:00 am

quiet wrote:
ford_prefects_kid wrote:
Me neither! Tell me though.... My boyfriend and I are from the same graduating class... but I was born in February, and he was born in August. As of right now, I AM older than him....but could I possibly get off with a lesser sentence?

I do not consider that small of an age difference to be perversion. When I say perversion, I mean what is sometimes called "intergenerational relationships" (i.e. more than just several months or years difference in age).

I agree, quiet, it would never do to think about your mom while lusting after an old broad.

Merle

Last edited by sinsboldly on 23 Mar 2008, 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2008, 12:03 am

quiet wrote:
ford_prefects_kid wrote:
Me neither! Tell me though.... My boyfriend and I are from the same graduating class... but I was born in February, and he was born in August. As of right now, I AM older than him....but could I possibly get off with a lesser sentence?

I do not consider that small of an age difference to be perversion. When I say perversion, I mean what is sometimes called "intergenerational relationships" (i.e. more than just several months or years difference in age).

Old men are constantly in relationships with young women half their age, but that's considered normal. Yet old women aren't supposed to be with younger men ? What a crock that double standard notion is. Civility disclaimer: am taking issue with idea, not attacking the poster.

Anyway, comparing notes with "ford_prefects_kid": my boyfriend & I were born in same year, I'm older than he by several months bc. he was born in Sept. & I was born in Feb. We make fun in non-serious way of this state of affairs (how arbitrary the age difference is, really).

quiet
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Mar 2008, 12:13 am

psychedelic wrote:
(Although, to some extent, I do agree with you. Just not with your intensity.)

I point this out, because in the past I have received unwanted solicitations for relationships/sex by people who are older than me on the Internet. I think there is no excuse for their behavior - they saw my young Internet profile and they wanted to take advantage of me. They should seek out partners who are in their own age group.

Belfast wrote:
Old men are constantly in relationships with young women half their age, but that's considered normal.

I am opposed to that as well.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2008, 12:20 am

big issue
hasn't been a war to wipe a lot of the men out any time recently
lol

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2008, 12:26 am

Me and The Missus have been married 18 years now.

We might be perverts, but we're jolly glad we found each other and had the good sense to get married.

When you're young, you fall into the trap of paying attention to what society tells you. Later, you realize that society has everything all wrong.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2008, 12:30 am

quiet wrote:
psychedelic wrote:
(Although, to some extent, I do agree with you. Just not with your intensity.)

I point this out, because in the past I have received unwanted solicitations for relationships/sex by people who are older than me on the Internet. I think there is no excuse for their behavior - they saw my young Internet profile and they wanted to take advantage of me. They should seek out partners who are in their own age group.

how old are you, anyway?

Merle

psychedelic
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Mar 2008, 12:46 am

Quote:
When you're young, you fall into the trap of paying attention to what society tells you. Later, you realize that society has everything all wrong.

It's good to hear that coming from someone else's mouth. I'm coming to that same conclusion myself.

Yukailife
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Mar 2008, 3:10 am

quiet wrote:
BTW, if you were suggesting that young men should consider dating old women, I completely oppose that idea. I consider that to be an extreme form of perversion, actually. My view is that the female in the relationship should be around one to five years younger than the male, and never older.

She might teach you a thing or two...

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

8O

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2008, 6:27 am

Extend the logic further. If you actually take the demographic figures your would see there isn't actually much difference in numbers on the ground level. It is probably more relevant what interpersanal relationships you have. There is probably a greater amount of people sitting at home twiddling their thumbs that the difference between men an women.

Having said that relationship are in the majority for adults. So those who are not in relationships are not meeting each other for some other reason. I'm inclined to say it is my responsibility.

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2008, 9:00 pm

quiet wrote:
n the past I have received unwanted solicitations for relationships/sex by people who are older than me on the Internet. I think there is no excuse for their behavior - they saw my young Internet profile and they wanted to take advantage of me. They should seek out partners who are in their own age group.

<juliekitty plays world's smallest violin for quiet>

I'd have a lot more sympathy for you if I weren't constantly pestered online by guys 20+ years younger than me.

Not to mention, 20+ years older than me!

Relax, kiddo. If you're not interested, all you have to do is hit delete.