How much do you score on this IQ test?

Page 1 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

tomadao
Raven
Raven

26 Mar 2008, 5:47 pm

I don't know if this online IQ test is reliable, but it seems pretty accurate to me (it's the first Google result for 'iq test'): http://www.iqtest.com

I got 135 (gifted)

Satellite
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Mar 2008, 6:05 pm

144. Gifted, one point short of the "Genius" range. A bit higher than my usual results in online IQ tests, though not by that much.

The results are merely an indication. If you do enough online tests, you'll be able to approximate your IQ a bit better, but if you wish to know your "true" IQ, that's what the official tests are for. And no, I've never taken an official IQ test.

Not that online tests aren't fun, they are.

Izaak
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2008, 6:07 pm

136, lol :)

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2008, 6:17 pm

I got 134.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2008, 6:30 pm

I think the test is not very good, all true false questions, at least an "I don't know" answer is missing from the options, I think, else there is no way to know if you got the score because you are good at guessing... It said 122, I usually get 133-135 , this one was a little more confusing than usual with all those geometric questions, and I am not good enough at English...

Dyspergian
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Mar 2008, 7:00 pm

141 on that one and 143 on giqtest.com, which I suspect is a better test (not just for the two extra points it gave me)

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2008, 7:03 pm

Crap I got a phone call and and was away from the computer for 20 mins, got an average IQ score 107
got to retake it now, Bugger

132 after retaking

Last edited by spudnik on 26 Mar 2008, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RainKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Mar 2008, 7:05 pm

I got 149. I've taken a few in the past and they ranged from the 140s to 170s, so this isn't out of line with them.

Did anyone else have a question that was something like "Tom is shorter than Ralph, and John is shorter than Tom, therefore John is the shortest boy."? My first guess was false but then I went with true. I was confused by "the shortest boy". It would be false if I were supposed to interpret that part broadly.

edit: I just took the giqtest.com test as well. I went ahead and paid the $10 for the report. This test seems like the most professional one that I've seen online. I got 146 full-scale, which is in the 99.9 percentile 8) . My verbal scale score percentage was 99.91% and performance was 99.44%. All of my section scores were "In-Line" (no strengths or weaknesses), but I don't think they had much room to vary anyway, their all being high :lol: . As I expected, my worst score was on the picture section, on which I missed 3 of 20. Those things don't make sense :x .

Last edited by RainKing on 26 Mar 2008, 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mum2ASDboy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2008, 7:05 pm

Your general IQ score is: 111

I'd say this test is pretty accurate :)

loske

26 Mar 2008, 7:20 pm

141 here too.

bluebandit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Mar 2008, 7:27 pm

Scored 146. I'd like to take an official I.Q. test one day.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2008, 7:46 pm

Last edited by Danielismyname on 26 Mar 2008, 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noelle

26 Mar 2008, 8:07 pm

117. Not my favorite type of IQ test, because it is all written, in english, and it's short! Normally I get more than that in IQ tests, over 130 at least. I feel puny now.

Jeyradan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Mar 2008, 8:24 pm

Edit: I thought the sample score was mine, so I wrote that originally. Um, does that mean I should take a point or two off my score just for that?

Last edited by Jeyradan on 26 Mar 2008, 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2008, 8:26 pm

Your General IQ Score of 149 shows how able your mind is in general. Anyone with a General IQ Score this high is considered to be a genius. This score is better than 99.95% of all persons taking this test. All known occupations can be comprehended with a General IQ this high. You should be able to handle any academic challenges.

You scored higher than your General IQ Score in 6 individual ability categories. 3 of these better scores could be called statistically significant and may indicate special abilities, or that you were distracted on those parts of the IQ Test that counted more heavily in the other ability categories.
Arithmetic (Sample analysis)

Solving many of the IQ Test's problems required the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers mentally. Many mental tasks require arithmetical operations even though numbers may not be involved, and thus number manipulation abilities can strongly indicate general intelligence.

Your Arithmetic IQ score of 160 is exceptionally higher than your General IQ score.This score is better than greater than 99.99% of all persons taking this test.
Spatial Skill (Sample analysis)

Understanding what changes will occur when conditions vary is a deep and powerful ability of the mind. All invention and creativity of every sort is based upon this ability. Although test problems usually involve manipulation of objects in space, persons with a stronger ability to spatially manipulate can also be expected to use this ability to be able to better predict how social and psychological situations would change due to variation.

Your Spatial Skill IQ score of 164 is exceptionally higher than your General IQ score.This score is better than greater than 99.99% of all persons taking this test.
Logical (Sample analysis)

This is the ability to determine if a set of rules has been correctly followed. This ability is most useful in combination with other mental skills listed above. Those with strong logical ability are quicker to see where a given set of conditions is going to lead, have a strong sense of justice, and better understand--from an intellectual analysis--the benefits of harmony.

Your Logical IQ score of 160 is exceptionally higher than your General IQ score.This score is better than greater than 99.99% of all persons taking this test.
Spelling (Sample analysis)

The ability to spell can indicate general intelligence. Remembering a set sequence of letters indicates the mind's ability to retrieve remembered facts. Learning how to spell and use the words of a language is almost a complete IQ test in itself. Although poor spellers with high IQ scores can be found, it is rare, and in general--everything else being equal--the better spellers have higher IQ scores.

Your Spelling IQ score of 144 is not significantly different from your General IQ score.This score is better than 99.83% of all persons taking this test.
Short Term Memory (Sample analysis)

The ability to remember things for a short period of time allows the mind to check back and retrieve facts needed to complete a problem solving operation. This ability becomes more critical when problems have many aspects that need consideration and/or need to be solved mentally. This ability strongly determines how efficiently one handles the many aspects of normal life. If your short term memory ability is strong you are much less likely to seem inattentive or "slow to get it" to others.

Your Short Term Memory IQ score of 133 is significantly lower than your General IQ score.This score is better than 98.61% of all persons taking this test.
Rote Utilization (Sample analysis)

This is the ability to take a set of memorized facts and mentally extract and/or operate with or upon the facts within the set that are pertinent to the problem at hand. Persons with more of this ability can be expected to spell well, remember telephone and other numbers easily, be more adroit in procedural operations, and have a stronger foundation for tasks that require the use of memorized material.

Your Rote Utilization IQ score of 152 is not significantly different from your General IQ score.This score is better than 99.97% of all persons taking this test.
Algebraic (Sample analysis)

This is the ability of the mind to abstractly handle quantities and qualities. Persons who are strong in this ability can more quickly and more deeply understand analogies, stories, derivations, equalities, and hierarchical structures.

Your Algebraic IQ score of 144 is not significantly different from your General IQ score.This score is better than 99.83% of all persons taking this test.
General Knowledge (Sample analysis)

Knowledge that is casually picked up and remembered can indicate intelligence, because persons with higher intelligence will exhibit greater retention of those pieces of information that are encountered less often. Because higher intelligence allows a person to have a deeper appreciation of the connectivity of facts that may seem disparate to others of lesser intelligence, memory of such facts becomes easier.

Your General Knowledge IQ score of 152 is not significantly different from your General IQ score.This score is better than 99.97% of all persons taking this test.
Visual Apprehension (Sample analysis)

This is the ability of the mind to mentally picture visual information and to be able to extract portions of that information for separate use. A person whose visual apprehension is strong enjoys a richer, more creative appreciation of visual aspects of experiences.

Your Visual Apprehension IQ score of 146 is not significantly different from your General IQ score.This score is better than 99.89% of all persons taking this test.
Geometric (Sample analysis)

How well one can comprehend geometric relationships of lines, sides, planes, angles, and topological properties strongly determines one's ability to make sense of visual information. The strength of one's geometric ability can strongly determine how quickly knowledge can be absorbed if it is presented visually.

Your Geometric IQ score of 144 is not significantly different from your General IQ score.This score is better than 99.83% of all persons taking this test.
Vocabulary (Sample analysis)

Knowing the meaning of words is an ability that directly increases along with the increase of general intelligence. The meaning of a word is more easily remembered with higher intelligence, because it takes more intelligence to understand and correctly use words based upon the subtle differences between words with similar meanings and to comprehend difficult concepts which are sometimes symbolized by a single word.

Your Vocabulary IQ score of 144 is not significantly different from your General IQ score.This score is better than 99.83% of all persons taking this test.
Intuition (Sample analysis)

Intuition is defined as that ability of the mind to develop answers to questions without consciously dealing with the problem at hand. Often a question will provoke your mind to answer without using conscious processing time, and the answer is said to come "out of the blue" or "suddenly, it just struck me". Of all the many abilities of the mind, this is one of the most often used. Just knowing what to do is often an automatic process that occurs without much conscious figuring. Those with stronger intuition make less mistakes and can seem luckier, wiser, or more mature.

Your Intuition IQ score of 156 is not significantly different from your General IQ score.This score is better than 99.99% of all persons taking this test.
Computational Speed (Sample analysis)

If you can correctly solve a variety of problems faster than another person, you may be demonstrating a generally more orderly internal arrangement of your mind's problem solving methods. While speed cannot be the sole factor in determining overall superiority in one mental operations, in general faster computational speed will often indicate that a problem's comprehension was more complete. With everything else being equal, a person with faster computational speed than another person's will be better at tasks that require the synthesis of many bits of information.

Your Computational Speed IQ score of 138 is significantly lower than your General IQ score.This score is better than 99.44% of all persons taking this test.

Cameo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Mar 2008, 8:30 pm

Arrgh.. apparently my email is already registed, and I couldn't remember my password. Hmph.