How much do you score on this IQ test?

Page 6 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Nikky91
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2008, 8:52 pm

I got 149, which is extremly high for me.

waltr
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Oct 2008, 9:08 pm

The last two online IQ tests I took, including that one came up with 137. Ten years ago, I seemed to consistently hit between 140 and 145 with online tests, which is more consistent with the score that I received on the Stanford-Binet when I was 10. I remember having to organize wooden blocks in that one. At least part of that had to do with visual memory and spatial ability. Nobody ever told me what I scored, but I was quickly wisked away to a spec ed program for students who were having a horrible time in school and had a minimum of a 142 IQ. Looking back there were more than a few Aspies in that program.

I'd probably do better on the online tests if they had less math involved. I was a little math wiz early in school then developed a block after years of teachers trying to make me do it the right way. I could never get why it made a difference how I got the answer as long as it was right. It probably didn't help that I learned division tables before addition, subtraction or multiplication (my brother was 5 years ahead of me in school and we had division flash cards in the house). Needless to say I came to hate math and took a 5 year vacation from it in school, which reflected in my SAT scores. I still joke that I got a girl's score, since I got a 540 math and 730 verbal back in 1978.

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 9:37 pm

waltr wrote:

I'd probably do better on the online tests if they had less math involved.

The IQ tests measure logic, for the most part, and unfortunately that involves a lot of math. I'm not great at math but I'm pretty good at remembering shapes and figuring out which shapes don't belong, etc., as well as figuring out number sequences. Give me algebra, though, and I'm lost. My SAT scores were extremely high in the language/reading half of the test but barely passing (middle of the curve) in the math part. SAT (now known as ACT, I believe) tests are more of an accurate gauge of what a person 'knows,' IMO.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 10:01 pm

:? 132

eyebguileu
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Oct 2008, 12:12 am

NocturnalQuilter
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 12:44 am

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 9:19 am

Any way for me to see the score without paying???

Aquamarine_Kitty
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2008, 10:02 am

blackcat wrote:
Any way for me to see the score without paying???

The score should be in your e-mail if you gave your e-mail address at the end.