How much do you score on this IQ test?

Page 5 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Ford_Prefect
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Oct 2008, 3:08 pm

I took some IQ tests in the past and I scored 125-138.

Kajjie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Oct 2008, 3:53 pm

135. I usually score around 130 on IQ tests I take, but I've never taken one that's from a psychologist or Mensa - only ones from internet and tv that are probably less reliable.

I'm very sceptical about the validity of this one as nearly everyone who's replied has an IQ significantly above average.

Dragonfly_Dreams
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Oct 2008, 7:03 pm

this one was really difficult for me. Too much geometry. :? and I don't do timed things well at all.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 7:46 pm

I read somewhere that you can improve your IQ by doing brain-teasers and thought puzzles... maybe that's why so many of us are scoring high on these things--we like doing them so much we do multiple ones!

(Don't worry about that messing up your score on an official IQ test. If you practice brainteasers and get a higher score, it's a legitimate improvement.)

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

madam_mim
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Oct 2008, 10:41 pm

I got 130 but slacked on the last few question b/c I was talking to someone online. Usually I do better.

Pithlet
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Oct 2008, 11:21 pm

NocturnalQuilter
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 11:46 pm

Callista wrote:
I read somewhere that you can improve your IQ by doing brain-teasers and thought puzzles... maybe that's why so many of us are scoring high on these things--we like doing them so much we do multiple ones!

(Don't worry about that messing up your score on an official IQ test. If you practice brainteasers and get a higher score, it's a legitimate improvement.)

That's interesting. I read that by age of 5 your brain is "hardwired"- that your ability to learn and retain is set. Doing brain teasers and puzzles can help to maintain your "edge", to help offset the effects of Alzheimers, but it does not make you smarter.

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 9:20 am

ill take the test alittle later im supposed to be doing homework right now

Kajjie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Oct 2008, 9:36 am

Callista wrote:

That's a good point, acutally. I don't believe IQ is an accurate measure of intelligence - it just shows how good you are at IQ tests. Aspies are probably more likely to enjoy that sort of thing, do it over and over, and end up with a really high IQ.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 10:53 am

Kajjie wrote:
Callista wrote:

That's a good point, acutally. I don't believe IQ is an accurate measure of intelligence - it just shows how good you are at IQ tests. Aspies are probably more likely to enjoy that sort of thing, do it over and over, and end up with a really high IQ.

It isn't really a matter of whether IQ tests actually measure intelligence, psychometrically. It's more that it correlates well with certain "smart" traits and a few other things.Getting a high score on an IQ test doesn't make someone smart, but you can make a pretty good educated guess that they are if they get a 150.

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 11:54 am

I also dont care for online tests....Im going to stick with my Mensa score of 123. I dont feel too terribly intelligent though because my husbands score is 145....LOL.

Pithlet
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Oct 2008, 1:36 pm

Kajjie wrote:
135. I usually score around 130 on IQ tests I take, but I've never taken one that's from a psychologist or Mensa - only ones from internet and tv that are probably less reliable.

I'm very sceptical about the validity of this one as nearly everyone who's replied has an IQ significantly above average.

Perhaps. But mabe the percentage that scored lower didn't want to post theirs. :wink: People like to brag if they have something to brag about. Otherwise, what's the point?

But, I don't put any stock in any IQ tests anyway. Not even the "real" ones. The brain is complicated, far too much to analyze potential by a handful of multiple choice questions at any given time. The IQ test just compares your ability to determine their correct answers with others who have taken the test. So mabe you could be better or worse at figuring out those specific problems (which can be learned) than others, but how do you break down the thought process behind the problem solving? The simplist answer would be the person who aswered correctly the fastest is the smartest. I have a problem with that. That implies that intelligence is simple binary thought process, not an enormously complicated one. How many ways are there to solve a problem? Just one "correct" way? Is the person who is taking a few seconds longer to analyze many many more possibilities at the same time less intelligent? I say it's a very thorough and creative mind that comes up with perspectives and possiblities that are not immediately obvious. That may take a little more time. Or they may see a problem or a pattern in a totally different way that no one else has thought of. The human mind stands out because it is complex. You just can't approximate how complex a person's mind is by a simple 30 q test.

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 1:40 pm

i wonder how much my iq is i'm to scared to take a test but i guess its something like 90 :/
edit: nop seems like 90 is an avarage iq then i would say 70

beastinblack
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Oct 2008, 4:14 pm

183 wow!

Helek_Aphel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2008, 5:42 pm

First time- 120 (This was a few months ago.)
Second time- 134 (This was today.)

Nikky91
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2008, 8:52 pm

I got 149, which is extremly high for me.