Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Alisa
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Mar 2008, 6:31 pm

I am SO FED UP WITH SCHOOL! I have a hard time remembering to do my assignments and turn them in, and I'm never motivated to do my schoolwork. My multiple missing assignments have irked my parents too. I'm planning on putting another topic in The Haven to get some advice on my family troubles since that has been connnected to my schoolwork but right now I need to find some way to be succesful in school!

My ADD hasn't helped me much, as it makes me forgetful and dreamy and even when I set up system for remembering, the problem is remembering to remember, in other words, remembering to use the system! My parents won't accept "I forgot" as an excuse anymore.

School dictates everything for me at my house, so I need some advice on how to be successful, be able to pull it off, and then everything at my house will be okay!

Please help me!

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2008, 6:41 pm

Take a deep breath and slowly begin school work.

I did it and it work.

Take breaks if needed as well.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2008, 6:59 pm

I understand that feeling, but you'll have to try to survive it in order to get a good job (that you enjoy!). I know it sucks, especially with ADD, but I know you can do it if you put as much effort into it as possible!

schleppenheimer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2008, 8:22 pm

I'm just a Mom, but I've seen other people on this forum say that writing lists for every assignment seems to work for them.

If you can make a checklist for literally EVERYTHING, and get into a habit of making checklists for everything, that seems to be what works for a lot of people.

Kris