Page 1 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2008, 11:15 pm

It would be nice to break away from the old list,
its getting rather huge and many of the old posts are
so long ago others do not care to look back that far
and many repost just to update their own listings.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2008, 11:19 pm

I never even looked in that thread because it was always too long... what was the whole premise anyway?

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2008, 11:26 pm

its a dating thread, not that it does much good, but it makes people feel hopeful,
well I can not say thats entirely true, I found a girl once here using that thread,
but by what I can tell its really rare to find someone local to you.

I GOT AN IDEA,
how about we have one thread for males and one for females.
it would brake it down so it wont get so large and make it easer to browse for what your looking for.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 1:03 am

I was on Aspie Affection, but got 'banned' by a couple of guys because I objected to communicating with them because they were married. :roll:

I didn't find much to chose from there.

Merle

Mark198423
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 1:24 pm

aspergian_mutant wrote:
I GOT AN IDEA,
how about we have one thread for males and one for females.
it would brake it down so it wont get so large and make it easer to browse for what your looking for.

Not a bad idea! As already mentioned, the old list got too long - it's also male-dominated. The only thing worse than scrolling through all those (many out of date) pages is scrolling through so many that are automatically irrelevant due to the person's sex!

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 8:54 pm

Ok, I will make a poll and let people vote, and if enough people like the Idea perhaps the forum administrators will make those changes.

DuceXcreW
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Mar 2008, 11:03 pm

wait. I'm sorry. I forsee. a problem.

Man. and Woman. Do not quite cut it. Because some men will be looking for men, and some women will be looking for women.

I think it may be more appropriate if the forums or topics were "Eligible Odd-Bods Looking for Males" and the same for females. This way if a homosexual male is looking for a male, they can go to the 'looking for males' topic and just hunt for males.

Whereas if we have a 'males' topic then EACH entry has to be checked for orientation.

Unfortunately, bisexual individuals will have to post in each topic.

just an idea.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2008, 1:05 am

I agree, and a section for poly relationships, too.

Merle

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2008, 3:14 am

what you say may be true and sounds nice,
but,
if we make things too complicated the administrators may not feel so obliged to grant our request.

gekitsu
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2008, 3:34 am

and if a gay guy starts looking in the "looking for male" list, hell face the old problem of reading through pages after pages of people with the wrong gender.

DuceXcreW
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Mar 2008, 9:13 am

It's a shame we can't just get a nice set form for people to fill out -- because that is where the problems come from.

I've read descriptions of very attractive people, but they don't friggin' put their orientation, and sometimes not even their gender!

I see your point though, that a simple male/female list would work out the best.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2008, 10:15 am

DuceXcreW wrote:
It's a shame we can't just get a nice set form for people to fill out -- because that is where the problems come from.

I've read descriptions of very attractive people, but they don't friggin' put their orientation, and sometimes not even their gender!

I see your point though, that a simple male/female list would work out the best.

It would work out only the best for male/females, though, leaving the rest of us to be excluded once again.

thanks! :roll:

Merle

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

DuceXcreW
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Mar 2008, 10:22 am

Well I'm trying to be all inclusive, but the only thing totally inclusive would be... 4 forums/topics? I mean 5 technically for the 'undecided looking for undecided' !

I'm not trying to brush anything under the carpet, if it were up to me there would be an all-inclusive very expansive system that is too confusing for anyone to use :)

(A lot of the time when I get to invent my own systems they are perfect and account for everything but are far too complicated for practical use. Lol)

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2008, 5:35 am

The most simple solution is using four threads.

Male * Male
Male * Female
Female * Female
Female * Male

* = "looking for"

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2008, 8:40 am

Fine, if we are going to go through all the hassles of all these threads and stuff then why not
code it in so that you choose your preferences and stuff before you can enter that part of the forum,
that way when you do post it all gets auto sorted and anything older then so many months gets ignored.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2008, 10:35 am

DuceXcreW wrote:
Well I'm trying to be all inclusive, but the only thing totally inclusive would be... 4 forums/topics? I mean 5 technically for the 'undecided looking for undecided' !

I'm not trying to brush anything under the carpet, if it were up to me there would be an all-inclusive very expansive system that is too confusing for anyone to use :)

(A lot of the time when I get to invent my own systems they are perfect and account for everything but are far too complicated for practical use. Lol)

humm. . .sounds like human being to me. . .a system that is too confusing to use, at least for this Aspie!

Merle