Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

pineapple
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 10:37 pm

Has anyone read this? It's a classic book about how to job search, and it gets updated every year. I'm almost done with it, and I think it's fantastic. It takes a really long time to read and do the activities, but if you un/underemployed, you may enjoy having something to do. I know I do. :roll: It lays everything out in a very systematic way, which I think could work well for many of us. Check it out. It has nothing to do with parachutes. 8O

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 11:41 pm

It's the classic, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" book.

I tried reading it a long time ago, but never finished it.

With 40 jobs under my belt I guess my parachute would be multi-colored?

or BLACK since when you mix all the colors together that's what you get... right?

Geez! That's sorta sad... my parachutes BLACK... :( :wink:

kornik
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Mar 2008, 2:04 am

Its a great book and very, very useful. I would recommend anyone looking for insight into their future career plans to have a read and work through it slowly.

However, ultimately only the person reading it can really decide as personal insight is the key to its success. For someone with Asperger this is doubly important because only you know the unique requirements and can then relate them to the workplace and the different career options.

I am quite cynical after many years of job experience but, ultimately, you have to go with your intuition and what your head is telling you. I am clear in my mind what type of work I can excel at and working through the exercises confirmed this. My problem has always been locating the right opportunity; these are rare and I have never been succesful.

The book is, though, a good frame work in helping to achieve this.

pineapple wrote:
Has anyone read this? It's a classic book about how to job search, and it gets updated every year. I'm almost done with it, and I think it's fantastic. It takes a really long time to read and do the activities, but if you un/underemployed, you may enjoy having something to do. I know I do. :roll: It lays everything out in a very systematic way, which I think could work well for many of us. Check it out. It has nothing to do with parachutes. 8O

ignisfatuus
Toucan
Toucan

29 Mar 2008, 5:22 pm

Quote:
or BLACK since when you mix all the colors together that's what you get... right?

It's white, actually :wink:

http://www.astrophys-assist.com/educate ... s01p02.htm

Mishcana
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Apr 2008, 7:14 am

ignisfatuus wrote:
Quote:

It's white, actually :wink:

http://www.astrophys-assist.com/educate ... s01p02.htm

You're both right.

If you're mixing light, it's white.

If you're mixing paint and or fabric dyes. it's black. Depending on the mix of course, it could end up a brown, I suppose. :)

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 3:05 pm

Golden :P