Small town or City?What would be a better choice for aspies?

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Selo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Mar 2008, 4:22 pm

I'd say a huge city is better for those with AS because they wouldn't be able to avoid socializing. It would be much better for Aspies to have to use their social skills than staying home alone their whole lives.

pinkbowtiepumps
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2008, 6:01 pm

I personally prefer a big city... you can be perfectly anonymous at times, everything is closer, it's great for people that don't like driving cars. The noise of traffic can sometime act like a "barrier," and it gives you a great opportunity to test your instincts. I grew up in a small town, and while the school system I was enrolled in was great for helping me to get where I am today, there was little to no chance of making new friends. Now that I'm in a large city this happens all the time, which I LOVE!

I think it depends on what you want in life, and even Aspies can be very different in that respect - though we all have one diagnosis, we are all individuals with different wants and needs. Whatever environment, be it a small farm town or bustling city, that will help you fulfill your personal needs, is undoubtedly the best choice for you.