Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

IpsoRandomo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Mar 2008, 12:26 am

Is there some way to anonymously do community service or help people? I'd just feel awkward if people knew.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2008, 7:41 pm

You can donate to charities anonymously. If you wanted to do community service anonymously, it would be a little more difficult. You could try to work someplace where people don't know you.

Noelle
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Mar 2008, 9:07 pm

It is easier than it seems. Once, I went to a nearby city, picked a charity that looked like it needed help, walked in, and volunteered some hours. They let me in immediately, I got a free pizza from it too. You can give any name you want. If they ask for ID, show it, but insist on them calling you by your nickname - which can be anything you want, to stay anonymous to the public. Just remember you have a nickname, so when someone calls it, you pay attention.

Why feel weird, helping people out? I don't get it. It's your life, you can do what you want. If you want to volunteer instead of playing video games, or whatever people do all day, then you can do it. You don't have to tell anybody, and you don't need to invent a story for an alibi. Just say you were "out" when people ask. Visiting friends or something.

IpsoRandomo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Mar 2008, 2:58 am

Noelle wrote:
I don't get it.

Me neither. I don't always know why I react the way I do.