Has Neurofeedback or LENS Neurofeedback helped anyone here?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Felinity
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Mar 2008, 11:09 am

I have ADHD and an autistic spectrum disorder. Someone has suggested I try neurofeedback and I'm thinking about doing just that.. I've been reading about something called LENS neurofeedback that is supposed to work in less time than standard neurofeedback because it uses some type of mild electric current. This is supposed to "reset" the brain waves somehow? Supposedly people who have undergone this treatment don't have to take ritalin or adderal for their ADHD anymore? at least for a while anyway? maybe it is only temporary..

Please, if anyone has any experience with this, I'd be interested in hearing how this treatment effected you. OR If you know anything about this, links, info., etc. I'd appreciate that too :)

Thanks.

windrift
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Mar 2008, 11:46 am

my kids just finished neurofeedback. My daughter is 11 and is ADHD. It seems to have helped her we are not hearing about focus problems from her school & she is off meds. My son is 13 and has Asperger's. It didn't seem to work for him, but I believe he has other issues going on. Good Luck