Post your strange/weird photos here

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2008, 5:11 pm

One of my hobbies is to take pictures of old, reputedly haunted houses. Sometimes I catch anomalies on film. Here are a couple of ones I took of a crumbling mansion about a 1/4 mile from my home. Some odd lights showed up in it, more than likely bugs & dust, but in the second one, the 'orb' has a tail like a comet. If you have strange/anomalous photos you've taken, I'd love to see them!

orbs outside of creepy old mansion at midnight:

Weird orb with 'tail' (back of the house)

Last edited by Rainstorm5 on 30 Mar 2008, 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2008, 5:15 pm

Graelwyn had some neat pics of odd places. She belongs (or used to) to a group that would go to see Old Lunatic Asylums and such.

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2008, 5:24 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
Graelwyn had some neat pics of odd places. She belongs (or used to) to a group that would go to see Old Lunatic Asylums and such.

That is extremely interesting! I would like to see them! I've always wanted to get some photos of abandoned mental hospitals, particularly the Waverly Sanitarium in Louisville, Kentucky. It's supposed to be one of the top 100 haunted places in the U.S. One of these days I'll drive up there and see if they'll let me take a couple of photos.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2008, 5:28 pm

You might try giving her a PM. We're over here in UK, you know. But she has, or did have, some interesting pics of spooky places.

(You of course know we invented Haunted Houses, don't you?)

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2008, 5:33 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:

(You of course know we invented Haunted Houses, don't you?)

I don't want to be intrusive, so I'll wait until she's online and maybe ask her then. I know the UK has some wonderful old houses and castles. I'd give my right arm to be able to visit, cameras in tow. The two places I'd like to see first are the Tower of London, and in Edinburgh, the infamous Greyfriars Cemetery. I'll go one of these days, if I ever get enough money together... (Sigh...)

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2008, 6:17 pm

some of these came from a thread from livejournal

Supossedly these are from when they found the sphinx:

having fun

a church

creepy!

EDIT: duh, I forgot the most important pic!
pic by RogerBallen taken in south africa
in what year you ask?

Last edited by computerlove on 30 Mar 2008, 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lumina
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2008, 6:19 pm

Did someone say pictures of abandoned asylums? I have just the site for you, Opacity.

I found that site a few months ago and have been checking in on occasion for new photos.

Here's an strange photo that was accidentally taken with my camera one night.

I'm assuming that's my TV. :lol:

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2008, 7:03 pm

This little guy likes to hang out on my porch. I think he's officially decided to be my pet.

OK, silly one of my mom drowsing off, but does anyone see orbs above the upper right hand corner?

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2008, 7:18 pm

Lumina wrote:
Did someone say pictures of abandoned asylums? I have just the site for you, Opacity.

I found that site a few months ago and have been checking in on occasion for new photos.

Here's an strange photo that was accidentally taken with my camera one night.

I'm assuming that's my TV. :lol:

I'll check out that site - I haven't heard of it 'til now. Sounds interesting!

Your pic is strange - looks like a camera taking a video of its own monitor but the blur is weird.

Computerlove, those are some of the weirdest photos I've ever seen... The one with Shirley Temple holding the knife to the guy's throat is disturbing, as is the pic of the drooling twins and the klan ferris wheel.

MissConstrue - what a cute photo of an opossum! Reminds me of the first time I saw one under a car in the bank parking lot - it hissed at me. I thought it was a giant rat at the time, LOL. I do see the orbs in your mom's photo - they're very faint but definitely there. I don't know what orbs are - probably a trick of the light, but I think it's odd that I only get them in digital photos, not 35mm.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2008, 7:33 pm

Oppusums used to scare me but this one grabbed my heart. He now comes up on the porch when I'm there and does his eating. He also tries to get in, he probably sees dry cat food through our glass door.

As for the orbs, it could be trick of camera lighting. We've had other odd camera annomalies, I don't have them on my computer yet :( . We also get unusual noises too but it could be Mr. Oppusum trying to get in.

Last edited by MissConstrue on 30 Mar 2008, 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2008, 7:54 pm

I wish I could get a pic of my mother's last husband, my last step-dad. He died in the house we live in but I see him in their bed room every once in a while. 8O

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2008, 7:56 pm

I think my mom's in a trance in that photo.

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2008, 8:49 pm

Rainstorm5...that photo of the mansion is interesting...the two windows also caught my eye.

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2008, 7:37 pm

Beenthere wrote:
Rainstorm5...that photo of the mansion is interesting...the two windows also caught my eye.

What sharp eyes you have! I didn't say anything when I posted it, just wondered if anyone else would notice. Looks like a face in the window on right, doesn't it? Trust me, there was no one there - the second floor caved in several years ago, so there's no way anyone could stand there to look out. The glowing 'eyes' in the center are a mystery to me, looks like some kind of reflection from the flash, but your guess is as good as mine.

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2008, 8:52 pm

Rainstorm5 wrote:

What sharp eyes you have! I didn't say anything when I posted it, just wondered if anyone else would notice. Looks like a face in the window on right, doesn't it? Trust me, there was no one there - the second floor caved in several years ago, so there's no way anyone could stand there to look out. The glowing 'eyes' in the center are a mystery to me, looks like some kind of reflection from the flash, but your guess is as good as mine.

Looks almost like someone standing in the window on the right to me...the glowing eyes got my attention first. Whatever it is...it's interesting. 8O

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2008, 9:08 pm

Heres one I found while looking for houses around Melford Sask on a real estate website
looks like a black shadow of a man crouching by the door holding a riffle