Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Bopkasen
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2008, 5:08 pm

Me and someone was debating whether I can compete in running for office in the future.

They think you can do it but I am curious what really do I don't have that you have?

It not about who better but trying to compares to thing that might be worth training on.

I usually like to learn something that I know it worth taking.

How old are you?

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2008, 5:32 pm

snytax?

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

Bopkasen
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2008, 5:33 pm

Sedaka wrote:
snytax?

Error.

BesideYouInTime
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Mar 2008, 5:38 pm

I don't think Aspergers patients would be good candidates for public office. Too much diplomacy, wheeling and dealing, and deception are required to get anywhere.

Bopkasen
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2008, 5:44 pm

BesideYouInTime wrote:
I don't think Aspergers patients would be good candidates for public office. Too much diplomacy, wheeling and dealing, and deception are required to get anywhere.

Well.. personally I have help out politician. I done public speaking. I maybe too nervous but if I write thing out then maybe I could have a show.

I tend to try to prove a point in an arguement.

I know person with Asperger Syndrome who is a lawyer. Anybody who like to argue would be worth having a job as a lawyer. :lol:

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2008, 6:22 pm

BesideYouInTime wrote:

Agree.

ooohprettycolors
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Mar 2008, 7:36 pm

what kind of office are you running for and what does alex have to do with it? whose age are you asking?

Bopkasen
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2008, 8:01 pm

ooohprettycolors wrote:
what kind of office are you running for and what does alex have to do with it? whose age are you asking?

Not yet. In the future, I like to take on small job and work my way up if I wanted.

I have examined and know it doesn't matter if I have Asperger Syndrome.

Bopkasen
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2008, 8:13 pm

Bopkasen wrote:
ooohprettycolors wrote:

Not yet. In the future, I like to take on small job and work my way up if I wanted.

How about running a new faction?

Autistic party? We can used puzzle like symbol like .... lol.

:lol:

Realistically, I rather go to more common party but I can have the faction to run it. Party are like platform, everybody invited but no one is check for invitation.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2008, 8:15 pm

Bopkasen wrote:
Bopkasen wrote:
ooohprettycolors wrote:

Realistically, I rather go to more common party but I can have the faction to run it. Party are like platform, everybody invited but no one is check for invitation.

Independent Parties never win an presidential election due to the two big parties are the majority of the nation.

Bopkasen
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2008, 8:24 pm

JerryHatake wrote:
Bopkasen wrote:
Bopkasen wrote:
ooohprettycolors wrote:

Independent Parties never win an presidential election due to the two big parties are the majority of the nation.

Right. This is why parties are diluted. So I would take on a role of Republican but have the agenda as a Independent. Viola!

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 1:27 am

Bopkasen wrote:
ooohprettycolors wrote:

I think you would make a good politician,Bopkasen.You have skillfully
avoided oohprettycolors questions by making confident statements
that on examination actually bear no relation to the questions asked. :wink:

Felinity
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Apr 2008, 2:16 am

Bobkasen, what country are you from and how old are you? just curious...?

I think being a politician would be a horribly stressful job for someone on the spectrum, truly.. Although, you might want to check into nonprofit organizations.. they often-times can be eager to get people to be on their committees because a lot of people aren't willing to commit to the responsibilities or don't have the time.. that could be a way to "get your feet wet" in politics and you coudl learn more. There are also ways to "climb the ladder" with nonprofits.. I personally don't get involved in the political side of a group I am a member of... I know that I just don't have the personality for that.. I volunteer in other ways though..

Bopkasen
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 11:12 am

pluto wrote:
Bopkasen wrote:
ooohprettycolors wrote:

I think you would make a good politician,Bopkasen.You have skillfully
avoided oohprettycolors questions by making confident statements
that on examination actually bear no relation to the questions asked. :wink:

ALL RIGHT! :lol:

Bopkasen
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 11:13 am

Felinity wrote:
Bobkasen, what country are you from and how old are you? just curious...?

I think being a politician would be a horribly stressful job for someone on the spectrum, truly.. Although, you might want to check into nonprofit organizations.. they often-times can be eager to get people to be on their committees because a lot of people aren't willing to commit to the responsibilities or don't have the time.. that could be a way to "get your feet wet" in politics and you coudl learn more. There are also ways to "climb the ladder" with nonprofits.. I personally don't get involved in the political side of a group I am a member of... I know that I just don't have the personality for that.. I volunteer in other ways though..

I am from US IL and 23 years old.

I don't really want to run for office without having non-profit organization. I understand about the getting the feet wet so I figure that a smaller position like government or city member would be just fine.

Granted if I have open several non-profit organization and help over 500,000 people, I say that worth claiming when applying for political office.