Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

14 Apr 2008, 11:14 pm

You gave it a good shot Space. The fact that it didn't work was on her.

Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2008, 11:41 pm

If you had negative experiences with people like that in the past, and she's puking everywhere on the first date she probably isn't right for you.

She sounds like she'd bring more grief than happiness.

Space
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2008, 12:54 am

I dunno... I could go either way. There's some bad signs, and obviously the first date was messed up. On the other hand, I do like her, and I know she likes me. I want to go out with her again at least once more, with her sober. I have dated so little in life that now I put up with lots of crap. I am giving her the benefit of the doubt at this point, but if she is into mind games and being abusive to me like my last girlfriend, then I can't take that. It is too destructive to me. Maybe she just drank too much because she was nervous? I hope so.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 1:54 am

The puking and sneaking alcohol is a red flag! Why did she sneak it in instead of buying a drink or two at the show? Her supposed inexperience with drinking is not a good reason for getting sick. Don't be too quick to judge by this one incident, but keep and eye on her drinking behavior and see if it is part of a more pervasive habit. Believe what you see even if she says she doesn't drink much. Alcohol is good stuff, and I'm quite experienced with it, but I have always kept my consumption of it down to enjoyable levels without getting sick. You may regret becoming involved with this woman if she's getting sick every night, and her lack of moderation causes her personality and health to deteriorate. Why did the alcoholic women you've dated act abusive, destructive and insane? How well do you think your personal and professional life go if you eventually marry her, and she's passing out and puking every night?

Space
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 3:10 am

I am almost ready to give up on dating. Women find me physically attractive, but I can't seem to get anywhere with them when dating because I am not enough of a "jerk". The fact that I don't drink doesn't help this, and noone really has any good advice for me. I don't even know what to do anymore.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 4:02 am

Hey just be friends with her for a start. Don't think about a serious relationship until you get to know each other better.

Yeah trust you instints as well, if you think she might be trouble she probably will be.

Keep seeing her if you like her, you never know how things pan out.

Zane
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Apr 2008, 12:30 pm

Space wrote:
Ok well I had my first date with her on friday. I will start by mentioning that I do not drink or use drugs, and I consider myself a recovering alcoholic. So I went to her place to meet her, and go out to an improv comedy show. She is doing shots of sourpuss (it's sweet liquor) when I come in... she offers me some, and I decline saying that I don't drink. We had fun playing guitar hero for awhile, and then we go to see the show. She sneaks in alcohol in her purse to fill her cup up during the show, and gets increasingly drunk. She also kept pressing me to have a drink, but I explained why I don't drink and she stopped. I didn't like the fact that she was drunk or talking through the whole show, but the attention was nice. So we go back to her place at like 1 am, and basically we end up making out a little... and then she goes upstairs to the bathroom. I come up, and she is on all fours over the toilet puking up blue booze.... I try and help her, and get her to bed, but she is too smashed. She ended up on the floor face down in the fetal position... incoherent. I try to help her... but she is too messed up. It was 2am by this point, and I literally had a final exam at 9:00 AM that day so I had to go home and get some sleep.... I have such bad luck with women. My last girlfriend was alcoholic and basically insane. Now this one pukes on our first date... The messed up thing is, I still want to see her again. I really like her, but I have a feeling she is just bad news and will only bring me more pain. She said she doesn't drink much... which is good, and would explain why she puked... but if she is a party girl then it really won't work. It is tough being a young guy with AS and a recovering alcoholic. I hope we can have a relationship, but that is a very bad start and my friends think I am insane if I go out with her again.

Welcome to the wild world of dating. This is what guys talk about! If you ever have problems making friends then just walk up to a group of guys and say "Have I got a story for you" then tell them the story. Obviously spice it up a little "white lies" and boom you have a killer intro into who you are...that's what bonding is all about.

Oh man am I smiling right now. Buddy I got a story for you.

A few weeks back we had a party at my place. There was this girl there who was a "Jack mormon" she was drinking, drinking, drinking...

It got to a point where my friends cut her off and just fed her Gatorade. She kept enjoying herself none the less... Any guy who came up to her got his junk grabbed.

My buddy passed her onto me and I actually jumped up when she gave me the reach around.

I am not that into the drunk girls unless I know them so I passed he onto the next guy. She ended up puking her guts out in his 1995 Mustang. Oh man, yeah.

I think you should keep seeing her. She will only be a bad influence on you if you let her.

Just don't lecture her on the greatness of "not drinking" that's a huge turn off.

Show her things that are fun without drinking, tennis or hikes that kind of thing.

She is still young, and young girls drink. You just have to decide if she is the kind of girl you want.

Me personally, I don't date. I prefer to hang out with girls. We both have our own lives and that's that. If she is a keeper I will tell her.

-Zane