I might not have Asperger's. Do you hate me?

Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 6:11 am

That depends. Are you going to be respectful towards us?

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 6:58 am

Bopkasen wrote:
SilverProteus wrote:
sinagua wrote:
I don't know how old you are.

May I suggest radiocarbon dating?

Sorry, bad joke. I've got mummies and prehistoric creatures in my head right now.

You mean cobbwebs

Damn, I almost got away with that! :roll: Nah, not cobbwebs, my head isn't that old and unkempt.

Last edited by SilverProteus on 02 Apr 2008, 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 7:00 am

No, we don't hate you.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 7:20 am

Labels [should] mean nothing on WP,it's about the trust here,not the label.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 7:25 am

Mw99 wrote:
The last psychologist I saw told me that he didn't believe I have Asperger's Syndrome. I disagree with his belief, and want to undergo a formal examination for Asperger's Syndrome. But assuming that he is right, and I don't have Asperger's Syndrome, or any other ASD for that matter, do you hate me? :D

No, I don't hate you. You have been honest, thats good enough for me :D

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 9:09 am

KingdomOfRats wrote:
Labels [should] mean nothing on WP,it's about the trust here,not the label.

That was well said.

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 6:23 pm

Orwell wrote:
Phagocyte wrote:
My situation was largely the opposite. My psychologist was convinced that I did have Asperger's, and I disagreed.

For an NT, you do seem to have a lot in common with us, and certainly to spend a lot of time on here. Of course, you know more about yourself than I do, so I won't argue if you think you really are NT.

I like to half-joke that I am a low-functioning NT.

I have no aversion to an Asperger's diagnosis, but I didn't feel that I had enough symptoms, for example, I don't stim, my eye contact is good, and I am moderately capable of reading non-verbal cues. I can, however, see how she would come to that conclusion, I am introverted with focused interests, and I get overstimulated easily, especially by crowds.

KateShroud
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Austin, Texas, United States, north America, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

02 Apr 2008, 7:21 pm

Orwell wrote:

Misdiagnosis is fairly common, and the fact that one psychologist said you're not autistic shouldn't matter. And even if you aren't Aspie, we still like to have some NTs around here- look at Phagocyte, plus plenty of the parents/friends/significant others of Aspies. We tend to be a pretty accepting community.[/quote]
Right. You're cool whether you have it or not. You wouldn't believe some of the idiot "professionals" I've been subjected to over the past year. The first doctor I visited knew almost nothing about Aspergers and attempted to use the Australian scale for children, for lack of any other material. Then I agreed to let him print some cognitive tests I'd taken somewhere else, but the poor man couldn't figure out how to plug a pin drive into a USB slot. I had to help him. After the "testing" was over, he regaled me with stories of his youth. For example, he explained that he hated gin, because he'd gotten so messed up drinking it on his 21st. A few weeks later, he was terminated because he wouldn't get back with any of his clients, including myself. I made the mistake of returning to the same testing center, and guess what? They lost my tests. They must have no record of them, because Bevis and Butt Head are working in the back where they store all the information. Would someone please explain to them why beer does not belong at the computer? *clenches fists*