Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

beef_bourito
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 11:18 pm

who's got them, where are they?

i've got some on my inner thighs and my arms around my biceps. I like to think it's from becoming a super tank really fast but it's most likely from when i got really chubby and grew a bunch when i was in my early teens. sadly they don't seem to be going away with all this weight loss but they aren't very visible unless i'm flexing or naked so i don't care about them much.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 11:40 pm

I've got some on my hips. I have no idea where they came from, but it probably has to do with the fact that I've gained a lot of weight in the past couple of years.

-
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Apr 2008, 11:43 pm

beef_bourito wrote:
who's got them, where are they?

i've got some on my inner thighs and my arms around my biceps. I like to think it's from becoming a super tank really fast but it's most likely from when i got really chubby and grew a bunch when i was in my early teens. sadly they don't seem to be going away with all this weight loss but they aren't very visible unless i'm flexing or naked so i don't care about them much.

Biceps and lower back. What have you been doing to lose weight?

Spiral153
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Apr 2008, 11:47 pm

I've got some on my upper thighs and hips. I've had them since I underwent a growth spurt during puberty. They're only visible when I'm naked. But still, they look weird on my slim body.

I know that there are "stretch mark creams" available in stores, but I've never tried any.

beef_bourito
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 11:55 pm

- wrote:
Biceps and lower back. What have you been doing to lose weight?

lots of cardio and a really good meal plan. after the rowing season ends i usually lose my appetite completely and my weight loss usually ends with it. i got a meal plan that made me eat 6 times a day, 1600-1900Cal per day. i lost about 8lbs while doing that, i've been slowly (meaning VERY slowly) losing weight since i stopped that plan (because i got lazy) even though i've been eating less.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 12:07 am

you might try vitamin E cream, it should help the clear up

02 Apr 2008, 1:41 am

Breasts, hips, thighs, legs, buttocks and on my upper arm just below my shoulder on the back of my arm pit but they are very hard to see.

I got them from weight gain when I was 12. The ones on my breasts I got when they grew but the rest of my stretch marks I got from my body changing into a woman's body and weight gain. I bet I would have had a lot less stretch marks if I didn't crave sugar. My stretch marks aren't real visible either unless you look up close.

I really need to get some stretch mark cream but I never had an effort to do it yet.

Last edited by Spokane_Girl on 02 Apr 2008, 3:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bluesummers
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 1:51 am

I have some on my lower back, and it's always puzzled me. Aside from fluctuation in muscle mass, and nothing too extreme in that area, I've been my extremely high metabolism twig self.

I couldn't gain weight if I tried, and I have tried...so why the stretch marks? Teenage growth spurt perhaps?

foxman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Apr 2008, 2:22 am

Spiral153 wrote:
I've got some on my upper thighs and hips. I've had them since I underwent a growth spurt during puberty. They're only visible when I'm naked. But still, they look weird on my slim body.

Same. I've always been thin, and I've had mine since high school, when I was pretty drastically underweight.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

02 Apr 2008, 3:06 am

I have stretchmarks on my breasts and on my hips.

It was caused by gaining too much weight, too fast when I was age 11-12. This was caused by me eating 2 sausage rolls everyday for 1 year. Thank god i'm now vegan! :lol:

02 Apr 2008, 3:36 am

There are four things that creates stretch marks:

Weight gain
Growth spurt
Your body changing
Pregnancy

gekitsu
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 5:21 am

i have a few on the left flank of my torso... they were from an overall weakened skin/connective tissue structure and the fact that i always lay on my left side when reading, so i kept it stretched all the time. had to take quite heavy amounts of cortisone as well as being quite low on everything during that time.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 12:57 am

I've got some on my legs. They appeared during a growth spurt when I was about 12. They don't bother me. I assume that most people, especially women, have some stretch marks somewhere. And if someone wanted to examine my body in search of stretch marks, I probably wouldn't want that person anywhere near me.

Mishcana
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Apr 2008, 6:39 am

Pretty much everywhere. They're really quite annoying.