Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Sameen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Jul 2017, 1:58 pm

I'm glad we have a few likes in common shortfatbalduglyman. :)

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 9:41 am

I don't like anything overly sweet that tastes like it's all sugar, like certain types of bubble gum. Ick! They smell bad too, like bad breath.

I also don't like anything that tastes like a giant salt lick, but I don't like food that's too bland either. I ate at a buffet restaurant a couple of times and the food was so tasteless. The sauce they used tasted like glue.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 10:16 am

Interesting. Ice cream appears to be mentioned by most of us, here. Do any of you make your own ice cream? I have been. I bought a small, ice cream maker, a year, ago, just to give it a try and I immediately found it quite enjoyable. I highly recommend it to those who enjoy getting creative with food, cooking, baking, etc. You can create your own flavors, with a variety of different ingredients. Thus far, I have experimented with chocolates, coffee, berries and other fruits, sage, mint, lavender, chili pepper and a few others, and it is very easy to make.

1Biggles1
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 11:14 am

^Yes, have my own automatic ice cream maker.. No pre freezing bowls... ready in an hour... Make my own french vanilla base then add flavours depending on mood :) or Gelatos and sorbets.

1Biggles1
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 12:59 pm

As for generally liking foods... Gawd... Thats a long list! As i like to cook i like trying all sorts of things and nationalities.

My favorite that certainly gets my mouth watering is Tiramisu .. Has to be a certain type. Not the one that tastes of brandy... When in Vienna was the best Tiramisu i think i ever had. Was a hole in the wall outlet at the train station.

Love to cook Indian.

Home made Sushi.

Home made flourless chocolate cake with chocolate cointreau cream sauce.

Italian as i make my own pasta also.. However seems i might have to be changing diet as apparently gluten doesn't like me so much :(

Stuffed Portobello mushrooms. layered in garlic butter, layer of homemade basil pesto, sprinkled with bread crumb mixed with grated Parmesan and a sprinkle of cheddar on top with maybe some crispy cut bacon... 15 mins in oven... yum.

Home Smoked fish and cold smoked cheese.

Of course, home made ice cream :) Mint, Coffee, Caramel, Strawberry, banana, mango, Coconut using our locally made coconut yogurt.

Most toffee/caramel related deserts, lol

Home made baked cheesecake.. Caramel or mixed berry.

Just a few examples...

( Think im hungry now.. )

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 7:52 pm

1Biggles1 wrote:
As for generally liking foods... Gawd... Thats a long list! As i like to cook i like trying all sorts of things and nationalities.

My favorite that certainly gets my mouth watering is Tiramisu .. Has to be a certain type. Not the one that tastes of brandy... When in Vienna was the best Tiramisu i think i ever had. Was a hole in the wall outlet at the train station.

Love to cook Indian.

Home made Sushi.

Home made flourless chocolate cake with chocolate cointreau cream sauce.

Italian as i make my own pasta also.. However seems i might have to be changing diet as apparently gluten doesn't like me so much :(

Stuffed Portobello mushrooms. layered in garlic butter, layer of homemade basil pesto, sprinkled with bread crumb mixed with grated Parmesan and a sprinkle of cheddar on top with maybe some crispy cut bacon... 15 mins in oven... yum.

Home Smoked fish and cold smoked cheese.

Of course, home made ice cream :) Mint, Coffee, Caramel, Strawberry, banana, mango, Coconut using our locally made coconut yogurt.

Most toffee/caramel related deserts, lol

Home made baked cheesecake.. Caramel or mixed berry.

Just a few examples...

( Think im hungry now.. )

like toffee,

portobello mushrooms.