Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 3:29 am

If I'm guessing the same one, all forums.

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 2:46 pm

I usually just ignore them (if I even recognize them as a troll in the first place) unless they starting flaming or cloning. Flaming is self-explanatory, but Cloning is even more damaging. They can sign in with an avatar & screen name very similar to yours (usually a difference of one number or a letter) and start posting inflammatory things all over the place and everyone thinks you did it.

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 4:36 pm

I was picked on by trolls on the last forum I was a member of.I was on that forum since 2001 and I feel bad about leaving, but I like it here better :) the I don't know why they where not banned from the site.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 6:50 pm

It's tough to leave sites. I get addicted. I can leave it if I lose interest.

I ignore trolls too but I still read their posts. Only time I be responding to them is if I didn't know they were trolling.

I can remember those cat threads last summer and I responded in them being funny.

ccflowergirl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2008, 6:03 pm

i just looked it up to be sure;
An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]

I didn't think that “trolling” was any thing bad just stating an opinion, a declared point of view for or against the topic; I thought the big conservative was that when you type a point of view you tend to be allot freer on line than in person and that might be trolling???I know once I got started it was very liberating to say the least, saying things that I’d never dream of saying out load before its just nice to be the one talking for a change, of course I’m not sure anyone’s lessoning, I don't get much of a response, am I trolling? (Or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2])
I'm confused. (With the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response)
When we post some thing are we not doing it with the intent to get a response? to start a like conversation?? Dose "baiting" always mean to piss people off?? Emotional response?? Is that always mean mad/angry can it not also mean friendship, love, comradely, ext... I debate all the time with my 28 year old aspie son and some time will debate the other side because he's already choose my side and to know something well you know both sides like politics ext... I just didn’t know it was something bad, I just hope I haven’t pissed any one off. i really thoght that most of us were
posting controversial (bratz and weed...) and usually irrelevant (smiling and shaking hands...) or off-topic (like sex and underwear...) messages in an online community,???
I'm still confused, I don't know if I'm guilty or just blond,(BUT I'M NOT DUMB!)

15 Apr 2008, 7:12 pm

If you aren't making posts to piss people off, you are not trolling. It has to be deliberate.

I Just learned on another forum, those who call innocent people trolls just because they were losing an argument or they didn't like someone's opinion or view etc. they are the trolls. People also call other people trolls just to piss them off because they don't like someone's view or opinion or they fact they lost an argument or they were showed up. I see it as being a sore loser.

BrutalRhubarb
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Apr 2008, 11:27 pm

Maybe what is most confusing is that real, fairy-tale trolls aren't always evil. Or if they are, they don't seem nearly as bad as the witches and wolves. If I had to define an Internet Troll using my gut instinct, I would think about mischief and trickery, but nothing devious. It seems to me that these people we're talking about don't deserve such a charming title.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 12:19 am

What if they're little harmless knomes with nothing better to do then to troll around with words they would never say around other knomes?

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 12:48 am

Then again, those trolls are sneaky.......

Just do what I do and use Troll Spray!! This should get the job done!

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 12:53 am

:lol: Troll spray, that reminds me of an old Batman episode where they used shark-repellent, in a spray can.

Those who know, don't speak.

ccflowergirl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 6:43 am

so is there another cute, trendy, slang word for someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant and sometimes off-color messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, with the intention of communicating , and making friends? :lol: