Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

NewRotIck
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Apr 2008, 1:02 am

Sand wrote:
I would be wary about infinities.

Oh I am. But at the same time, when you're dealing with metaphysics you can't ignore them. Either the universe(s) was created from nothing (or by a "God" who was created from nothing), which makes no sense, because everything about our world tells us that you can't get something from nothing ... or it has been around for an infinite amount of time (e.g. an endless succession of big bangs). Neither possibility is comprehensible. This is the paradox of our existence.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 1:08 am

NewRotIck wrote:
Sand wrote:
I would be wary about infinities.

Oh I am. But at the same time, when you're dealing with metaphysics you can't ignore them. Either the universe(s) was created from nothing (or by a "God" who was created from nothing), which makes no sense, because everything about our world tells us that you can't get something from nothing ... or it has been around for an infinite amount of time (e.g. from an endless succession of big bangs). Neither possibility is comprehensible. This is the paradox of our existence.

That's the big question though - do the vastness of the universe or origins of origins necessarily have to make sense or is that something we're projecting on them out of our own need for order? We could play the "Ok, but where did that come from" game ad infinitum - we're tenacious like that and I'd imagine an infinite loop of new causes and preceding causes would be just as dizzying and unrefreshing in the end.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 5:37 am

My words:" Theoretically I could take a very large number of slices through any three dimensional object but infinite? No." seem quite valid to me. Half an atom is no longer the same atom. I am still wary of infinities.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 4:37 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
To me that does lend itself to the possibility that there's at least something of a global mind or global telepathy. I'll have to see if I can find some articles on this and post the links.

DNA researchers/biophysisists in Russia have done a series of experiments pointing towards DNA being a biological internet.
Peter Gariaev is the main guy i think, others have summarised his work in a book called 'Vernetzte Intelligenz' (networked intelligence). Most DNA (over 90% IIRC) is a complete mystery to mainstream science, as it doesnt play any direct role in generating the physical form, and is usually dismissed as 'junk dna' This is the focus of the russian research.

google ' DNA biological internet Vernetzte Intelligenz ' -should get you a review in english.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 9:20 am

snake321 wrote:
Dude your taking the "god speak" too literally. Religion is a business plan, there are a lot of occultics tied into this system. All religion is an establishment, be it mainstream, "alternative", or even much of our science. It all goes back to the sun worship crap.
Rather you believe this stuff about thought and spirit or not, the big boyz do. Who knows, maybe they know something we do not know? I'm not so die-hard atheist that I can't imagine some of this "spirituality" crap to being able to be scientifically possible on a higher realm of understanding. Energy is a very little understood scientific concept in the mainstream at the moment.

Who are these big boyz of yours, snake? Identify these shadowy men or shut up. I'm sick of hearing about religion as a business-plan. I'm sick of hearing about your paranoia. It's tiresome and makes you sound like Tom Cruise. :evil: :roll:

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 10:08 am

I don't have any statistics but photos seem to indicate that most US presidents are over 6 feet in height. I am not sure whether they are the big boyz or if it is a consortium of basket ball players. Of course, the probability is most likely that the really big boyz are Watusi.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 10:14 am

Sand wrote:
I don't have any statistics but photos seem to indicate that most US presidents are over 6 feet in height. I am not sure whether they are the big boyz or if it is a consortium of basket ball players. Of course, the probability is most likely that the really big boyz are Watusi.

Do you think the Watusi tribe is playing with the world on the end of string? They live in the African jungle, right? Some of the more isolated tribes may not even know which member of N' Sync went to become a solo artist.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 10:22 am

Considering what is going on in the "civilized" world, the jungle might seem right comfy. Perhaps the Watusi have spread the urban legend that their flying saucers are run by blue skinned bug eyed aliens to scare off the curious when they land to refuel at the local gas stations.

NewRotIck
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Apr 2008, 10:45 am

slowmutant wrote:
Some of the more isolated tribes may not even know which member of N' Sync went to become a solo artist.

Er ... should I be worried that I don't even know that ... or care?

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 10:59 am

At the age of 168 you should be ashamed of yourself for being so out of touch. I am only 82 so my ignorance of the matter is excusable. I am not Watusi and only 5 foot 10 inches. Although I occasionally get bug-eyed my skin never varies from light gray.