Anyone Else Embarassed about their changed profile?

Page 2 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 12:05 pm

Social_Fantom wrote:
I can imagine someone stalking me on this site now. They keep refreshing my profile page until my last visit time updates. Actually, I would be quite flattered if someone were that obsessed with me. :lol:

Thats funny but it wouldn't be if it happened I suppose.

I did see this person flying after you though :arrow: :batman:

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 12:09 pm

Yeah, but I've never had anyone obsess over me so I'm probably just naive to that situation. :oops:

If that person did approach me, I would shake his hand (Batman rules) though he may punch me in the face.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 1:32 pm

Whoops, caught me with my guard down!!
More posts here, I'll try and answere each member's question as best as possible.

It's not the stalking that worries me. Anyone can look into anyone's profile. In fact that's what makes it even more creepier than a obssesive stalker. I feel naked to see posted out in the open of how long I've been online and the amount of posts I've made for each day. It's embarassing. :oops:

And no, I don't have PROBLEM Pref Pretorius :x
Nice try slick. :wink:

Supahneko I just changed my avatar yesterday. I figured it was time to make a change just like everything else. And :( I can't believe you're taking sides.

And Computer Love I have no idea what you're talking about since I'm a little illiterate in computer expertise. But if it's a code for a plan, pm me and decipher your plan. :wink:

Last edited by MissConstrue on 07 Apr 2008, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scribbler
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Apr 2008, 1:44 pm

It's a bit bizarre, I'll admit but it's not particularly sensitive information, is it? :?

Are you just concerned that people can see the amount of time you spend on here? 'Cause if that's the case, I'm sure there's people who spend plenty more time here... but I really wouldn't worry about it -- so what if I know that you've spent 20:43:20 hours on here? It's not like the information really benefits anyone... I can't see how it even could?

The only "sensitive" thing it gives away is your email address, but I'm guessing that's intentional since you can hide it in your profile settings?

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 1:54 pm

Yeah, but let's just say a member has something against me. That would hit me in the stomach if they used my profile stats against me.

Yes, maybe I'm a little more sensative than others but.... get used to it. Count yourself lucky you don't have a problem with this new informing update. :wink:

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 2:00 pm

How can they use these stats against someone?

Like, 'wow, you spent X hours on WP, do you have no life?'

That would be a stupid insult, because most people leave on the internet connection and browser if they're not even at home anyway.

Scribbler
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Apr 2008, 2:06 pm

Sorry... I wasn't having a go at you! :oops:

I wasn't meaning to be contentious (for once :lol: )... it just seems like pretty useless information, y'know? I mean, if I hated you, the last thing I'd think to say would be "you've been online for 20:43:20 and counting!" :)

Anyway, I'm not out to upset. If you think it's creepy, then it's creepy - I'm scared s**tless of fish skeletons, so what the hell.

Sorryy. :silent:

Last edited by Scribbler on 07 Apr 2008, 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 2:09 pm

S'OK, maybe I'll try not worry too much about it from Sora's view.
But it makes me think of what might happen next 8O
I wonder what plans the mods have in store for us this very minute :?

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 2:10 pm

It doesn't bother me, as most other forums have these stat features. One thing I'm glad we don't have (or if we do, I haven't seen it) is 'Post Spy,' where you can see who's online right now and see what post they're reading. I think that sort of feature is a little too intrusive. That's when people really know your business - not only how many threads & posts you have, but what kind of threads you READ without posting, as well as whose profile you might be looking at.

Scribbler
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Apr 2008, 2:11 pm

Little timers that say how long it took you to type a post, maybe? Other fun and innovative things like that...

[Scribbler took 00:01:50 to type this post]

Thor
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Apr 2008, 2:23 pm

I'm neutral about this. IMO, it's neither interesting nor embarrassing nor dangerous. But one things is true, it's not necessary. I can not think of a reason why this information should be made public. And if some members feel uncomfortable about it, then it should be removed.

Rainstorm5 wrote:
One thing I'm glad we don't have (or if we do, I haven't seen it) is 'Post Spy,' where you can see who's online right now and see what post they're reading. I think that sort of feature is a little too intrusive. That's when people really know your business - not only how many threads & posts you have, but what kind of threads you READ without posting, as well as whose profile you might be looking at.

8O OK, this I wouldn't like to have here. Not that I have something to hide but...

of an infinite world.

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 2:38 pm

Thor wrote:
I'm neutral about this. IMO, it's neither interesting nor embarrassing nor dangerous. But one things is true, it's not necessary. I can not think of a reason why this information should be made public. And if some members feel uncomfortable about it, then it should be removed.

Rainstorm5 wrote:
One thing I'm glad we don't have (or if we do, I haven't seen it) is 'Post Spy,' where you can see who's online right now and see what post they're reading. I think that sort of feature is a little too intrusive. That's when people really know your business - not only how many threads & posts you have, but what kind of threads you READ without posting, as well as whose profile you might be looking at.

8O OK, this I wouldn't like to have here. Not that I have something to hide but...

That, and what it might tell you about other people. I, for instance, wouldn't want to find out through PostSpy that my kids have been visiting one of the adult-only threads. Granted, they're over 18, but still... Or if you've been talking to someone casually and click on their profile only to find out they've viewed your profile 4,000 times in one week.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 2:44 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
S'OK, maybe I'll try not worry too much about it from Sora's view.
But it makes me think of what might happen next 8O
I wonder what plans the mods have in store for us this very minute :?

Hehe, I'm good at finding reasonable alternative explanations/excuses.

Well, I'd get paranoid if someone were to screen which topics I visit and for how long I visit them.

These famous 'who is where' lists. I know them from other forums. Scary.

That makes me paranoid. Everybody knows where everybody else currently is. Urgh.

I hope they'll never do that here on WP.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 2:53 pm

Rainstorm5 wrote:
It doesn't bother me, as most other forums have these stat features. One thing I'm glad we don't have (or if we do, I haven't seen it) is 'Post Spy,' where you can see who's online right now and see what post they're reading. I think that sort of feature is a little too intrusive. That's when people really know your business - not only how many threads & posts you have, but what kind of threads you READ without posting, as well as whose profile you might be looking at.

Now that would be the ultimate nightmare tactic. If it showed other members what you were reading and what kinds of forums you read. 8O

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 4:56 pm

i am embarrassed because my profile used to just show my WP blog...now it shows this other blog I posted in my profile, which is my bizarre dream journal blog that I hardly ever post in anymore. I know how to fix it...but still..

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 5:57 pm

MissConstrue wrote:

And no, I don't have PROBLEM Pref Pretorius :x
Nice try slick. :wink:

Oh Jolly Good ! ! I was about to start a "Help MissConstrue Find A Hobby" Thread ! !! !