Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Lurv
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Apr 2008, 9:39 am

LePetitPrince wrote:
zee wrote:
Troll?

jealous because they are sexier than US girls?

It sounded more like OP was saying they were easier to please because they were used to getting beat up and cheated on, than that they were necessarily sexier than US girls. And I know I see a lot of trolls on the internet, so it's easy to get paranoid about trolling.

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 10:29 am

pbcoll wrote:
I very strongly suspect that those saying how up-front Latinas are or how unconformist they are are all white anglosaxons (probably blond, probably monolingual) that have never lived in a Latin country. And don't tell me cheating isn't the norm in Western culture too.
:roll:

Yes Im white, but boy-I am NOT anglo-saxon NOR do I have blond hair! I live in the US and even so, anglo-saxon culture seems rather foreign to me. It is not a signifigant part of my heritage :wink: .

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 12:14 pm

tailfins1959 wrote:
My wife came from a culture where wives getting beat up and cheated on are the norm. Our marriage arrangement is in a nutshell: Don't Cheat, Don't Hit, Provide the basic necessities, no vices. That's something many Aspies can handle.

Tim_Tex wrote:
Why does it have to be an immigrant church? They are in plentiful supply in the U.S., and in some states, they're the majority of the population.

D1nk0 wrote:
They tend to be very direct and the ones Ive known personally were open and honest about liking and wanting sex too. The only negative thing I can say about 'em is that they have a tendency to be total drama queens.
This thread is not politically correct, but seems to be very correct factually. I have a US citizen latina that speaks perfect english, just like her mother. The hispanic culture of enforcing subservience in women is very much alive here. In the beginning I had a little problem with La Raza, but most of them got over it quickly. The ones that can't get over it are racist. The marriage arrangement above is simplified, but pretty accurate. Another of the arrangements are the division of men's and women's work around the house. She loves me to help her with women's chores even though at first I had to fight to be able to help her (dishes, laundry, cleaning up, etc.). The drama queen stuff is not a problem because my being Aspie makes it difficult for me to notice her emotions otherwise. I think I'll keep her.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 12:18 pm

I think it would vary by country.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 12:38 pm

pbcoll wrote:
I very strongly suspect that those saying how up-front Latinas are or how unconformist they are are all white anglosaxons (probably blond, probably monolingual) that have never lived in a Latin country. And don't tell me cheating isn't the norm in Western culture too.
I speak 5 different languages, and have lived in many countries including a few Latin ones. Please don't attack us for discussing what we know from experience, using descriptions we understand. Your experiences may be different, or your cultural background may bias your perceptions just like they bias ours.

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 7:54 pm

Immigrant Latinas being upfront about wanting/enjoying sex with white Americans does not mean they are actually upfront generally about these things (they're not usually that way with men who are neither rich nor white Westerners). Contrary to popular perception in the West, Latin American culture (note that Spain, Italy, France, etc and I would say Morocco too are Latin countries) is often highly conformist and materialistic. But it's not Protestant-style conformism, hence will seem nonconformist to most people from a non-Latin background.

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 10:31 pm

I think aspie guys find it easier to get along with Latina women is because of cultural factors. The Latino culture is more emotionally expressive, with fewer subtleties. In other words, if an undesirable guy approaches a group of Caucasian women, they're more likely to whisper "what a f'ing loser!" amongst themselves while turning their backs on him, while a group of Latina women are more likely to blurt out "go away, loser!" It's more harsh, but also more direct and easier for an aspie to understand.. On a more positive note, the Latina culture is more emotionally warm, so friendly greetings such as handshakes, hugs, and pleasant hellos are more likely to be given to everyone, not just the "cool" people.

Last edited by Aspie1 on 09 Apr 2008, 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 3:08 am

Some of the ones I have met have come across as loud, dramatic and demanding. A difference in culture, and my tendency to be quiet really interferes with my ability to reach these women and interpret what they really mean.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 9:50 am

pbcoll wrote:
Immigrant Latinas being upfront about wanting/enjoying sex with white Americans does not mean they are actually upfront generally about these things (they're not usually that way with men who are neither rich nor white Westerners). Contrary to popular perception in the West, Latin American culture (note that Spain, Italy, France, etc and I would say Morocco too are Latin countries) is often highly conformist and materialistic. But it's not Protestant-style conformism, hence will seem nonconformist to most people from a non-Latin background.

I know a lot of Latinos/as, and none of them were materialistic. Conformist maybe, but not materialistic.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Psycho_jimmy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Apr 2008, 11:24 pm

Well, this is no help...
marry a Latina, cultural differences, etc...
I'm an Australian. There're about forty latinas or latinos in the whole damn country!
Besides; I'm sorta-halfa one of 'em.
Of course, there are a lot of Africans in Australia...

kid020
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Apr 2008, 10:41 am

I've always thought Jewish women would be the best for Aspie Males as they tend to be very loyal and reasonable. I personally see what you mean about Hispanic Women since they tend not to ask much from there men. I do not however agree with the assesment that all girls if approached by an undesirable male (whatever that means anyway) would either whisper to their friends what a loser or tell them to go away. A nice girl in any culture is a nice girl, and a bitchy girl in any culture is a bitchy girl. Most girls have been very nice to me as a quiet shy guy. However, I have been told I am very handsome and I do dress fine. My point is making cultural generalizations ( which even I just did this thread) is not going to get you anywhere.

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 10:52 am

kid020 wrote:
I've always thought Jewish women would be the best for Aspie Males as they tend to be very loyal and reasonable. I personally see what you mean about Hispanic Women since they tend not to ask much from there men. I do not however agree with the assesment that all girls if approached by an undesirable male (whatever that means anyway) would either whisper to their friends what a loser or tell them to go away. A nice girl in any culture is a nice girl, and a bitchy girl in any culture is a bitchy girl. Most girls have been very nice to me as a quiet shy guy. However, I have been told I am very handsome and I do dress fine. My point is making cultural generalizations ( which even I just did this thread) is not going to get you anywhere.

BAHAHAHAHA! :lol: :mrgreen:

You obviously havent seen Sex and the City now have you :P .