ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

Dracula
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Apr 2008, 1:13 am

This is amazing, and makes me proud.

It goes to prove that when an Aspie devotes himself to something, NT's are left in the dust.

That isn't elitist hyperbole. It's fact.

- D

Ahaseurus2000
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 2:07 am

He allegedly said to police that, although he knew what he was doing was considered wrong, he did not view it as a crime.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 3:30 am

Dracula wrote:
This is amazing, and makes me proud.

It goes to prove that when an Aspie devotes himself to something, NT's are left in the dust.

That isn't elitist hyperbole. It's fact.

- D

This reminds me of black culture and its self-congratulatory attitude towards crime and depravity. And their lame defense -"Racism!"- is no better than yours.

Dracula, it almost sounds like you wish it had been you. A crime is a crime, and don't you dare try to tell me it is just fine to break the law if you're an Aspie. You're permitting and enabling. If equal treatment for all is preferable to double standards for a few, we need to understand how we're accountable for our actions and not immune to consequences. If that computer guy had been NT, would you still have applauded his criminal behaviour?

You hypocrite. :roll:

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 4:31 am

Part of growing up is fracturing the odd law or two, I'm not saying that crime is excusable, it is not.
Computer systems are really vulnerable and had such things been around in my teenage years they would have been a temptation, as it was I had to content myself picking locks and making keys :twisted:
I suspect right now the poor chap is in a whole world of **** and quite deservedly but I recall the feeling of for the first time having street cred when I could produce Larder keys at school :)

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 4:36 am

iceb wrote:
Part of growing up is fracturing the odd law or two, I'm not saying that crime is excusable, it is not.
Computer systems are really vulnerable and had such things been around in my teenage years they would have been a temptation, as it was I had to content myself picking locks and making keys :twisted:
I suspect right now the poor chap is in a whole world of **** and quite deservedly but I recall the feeling of for the first time having street cred when I could produce Larder keys at school :)

This sounds like a good story. Share? :wink:

Dracula
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Apr 2008, 5:51 am

slowmutant wrote:
This reminds me of black culture and its self-congratulatory attitude towards crime and depravity. And their lame defense -"Racism!"- is no better than yours.

Way to be stupidly dramatic while missing the point of my post. We're talking about computer hacking, not child abuse or cold-blooded murder.

Morality is a scale.

Quote:
Dracula, it almost sounds like you wish it had been you.

Not particularly.

Quote:
A crime is a crime, and don't you dare try to tell me it is just fine to break the law if you're an Aspie.

That depends. There have been times in history when the laws made by the government haven't been in the best interest of citizens. Nor are all laws benevolent in their intent. So in some cases, breaking the law is the obligation of a good person.

This particular case isn't like that, because he did damage networks and finances. I'm not praising him for "breaking the law". I'm instead proud of him for being so proficient at his obvious obsession (computers, code, hacking, etc.) The guy knew what he was doing, and he is reportedly unpeered. When Aspies apply themselves, and utilize their talents, interesting things can happen.

If you're having a hard time understanding that, then you clearly do not belong on this forum.

Quote:
You're permitting and enabling. If equal treatment for all is preferable to double standards for a few, we need to understand how we're accountable for our actions and not immune to consequences.

Where, pray-tell, did I ever state in my post that the Aspie convict shouldn't suffer consequences?

I never even implied that.

Take a reading comprehension class before responding to my posts from now on, dumbass.

- D

agmoie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Apr 2008, 7:09 am

The NZ secret service or eqivilent should use his talents for their country`s benefit.

Betzalel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Apr 2008, 7:50 am

I agree in cases like this where there is very obvious skill and the main motive for these people to do what they do is boredom. give them a useful outlet for their skills and put them to work for the government. at least as an alternative for jail.

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 10:13 am

In your FACE NT's! Muah ha ha ha!

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 10:28 am

Chibi_Neko wrote:
In your FACE NT's! Muah ha ha ha!

Yes, he sure showed those NTs, didn't he? But what happens if an NT decides to defraud a business owned by an Aspie? If an NT decides to persecute an Aspie, I guess it's their time to shine. More material for WP.

If you wre serious about this, Chibi, I would be angry. But how can I be angry with you?

:roll: :roll:

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 10:36 am

slowmutant wrote:
If you wre serious about this, Chibi, I would be angry. But how can I be angry with you?

I just had to say it. Growing up I was treated as if I had a disability, and I would say my dreams to my mother while she said 'oh you need to be smart for that honey' If she heard this story about a aspie outsmarting a bunch of companies she would go nuts! Sure this guy broke the law, but it proved that we are not 'disabled' like some people think.

It's like my sig says "Humans are intelligent, but that doesn't make them smart." What this guy did was brilliant, but breaking the law generally isn't a smart thing to do.

Last edited by Chibi_Neko on 09 Apr 2008, 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Betzalel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Apr 2008, 10:40 am

I still think he is being wasted by going to prison. I think ti would be better to give him a job that utilizes his talents for good and force him to pay back the damages. (although not the whole amount, because those figures are way overinflated in hacking cases. I think at least though he should be forced to work off the 40,000 that he earned illegally and send it someplace where it will do some good.)

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 10:48 am

Betzalel wrote:
I still think he is being wasted by going to prison.

Perhaps, but the law must apply to everyone. If this whiz-kid had been NT, would you have regrets about justice being served? Be honest.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 10:54 am

slowmutant wrote:
Betzalel wrote:
I still think he is being wasted by going to prison.

Perhaps, but the law must apply to everyone. If this whiz-kid had been NT, would you have regrets about justice being served? Be honest.

It's a shame how he threw it all away. This kid could have been the next Bill Gates, but now because of his federal record he'll be lucky if they let him work anywhere near electronics. 'Cause ya know he's on a few governemt watch-lists now.

Which is the biggest mistake- doing the crime or getting caught?

Betzalel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Apr 2008, 11:10 am

Actually what I think is not related to his having AS Ive felt the same way with other hacker cases.

I don't think the penalty should be any worse for hacking than for any other crime. and I dislike how they sensationalize the crime because it involves computers. I don';t think it is fair to bar this man form computers for the rest of his life or to throw him in prison for a very long time. perhaps some time is warranted but I would rather see him reformed and put to good use with his skills than to be cast away forever and not allowed to ever work in the possibly one area he will ever be good at in his life sometimes these people are restricted from even using a cash register because the lawmakers are stupid. look at what kevin mitnick or bernie S had go through for some good examples.