type A positive 29%  29%  [ 59 ]
type A negative 12%  12%  [ 24 ]
type AB 10%  10%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 203

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2011, 5:19 am

I seriously doubt blood type has anything to do with autism. Our extended family have quite a few aspies and borderline people, and it has all 4 blood types, all rh+ though, no negatives.

I do vaguely believe in blood type personality, though. It seems the type A people are mild and laid back, least likely people to break rules or do anything bad. Type B people are generally selfish but can pretend to be nice and charming, they lie easily and naturally. Type AB people seem rather intense and extreme and often say weird things. Type O, well, that's just me and I'm not sure how to judge myself, as I'm the only type O in the extended family. :) Not enough data as my friends are all type A or B as well.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2011, 5:24 am

theimperiousdork wrote:
Mine is B+.
Dad is O+.
Mom is B+.
My eldest sister is A+
My younger bro is AB-.
My youngest bro is O+.

Hmm, are these siblings your half siblings? Where did they get the A part if your parents don't have A? I'm the only O in the family but that's possible because both of my parents have B, but A and AB is theoretically impossible if the parents have O and B.

SylviaLynn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2011, 2:51 pm

B+
I have no idea what the link might be.

10 yo dd on the spectrum

Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Dec 2011, 4:27 pm

B-, so I can't vote.

Grete
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2011, 4:45 am

Mine is B, don't know about Rh factor though.

starryeyedvoyager
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2011, 5:38 am

AB-, which to my surprise is the rarest blood type. I just found out on wikipedia. I remember always being told that O- was the rarest.

whitemissacacia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Dec 2011, 5:46 am

I'm AB-.

The less common blood type in the World :D

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Dec 2011, 7:05 am

I know it's either A+ or O+, not sure which. I probably should find that out.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2011, 7:36 am

I don't know mine.

The-Raven
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2011, 12:20 pm

PersephoneX wrote:
Interesting Topic.

I think there may be something here with the blood type. Not as a a cause, but maybe as something that enhances a pre-disposition. I have type O negative and have had to have the Rho-Gam shots and also immunizations.

This is only a theory:

Autistic people have been found to have 67% more neurons in their brains as compared to an average person. It is quite possible that there are some and maybe even many humans that walk the earth with 67% more neurons who are not autistic. Maybe they are gifted or eccentric or normal.

Next, let's discuss the function of neurons in a rudimentary form: The neuron's function in the brain is to transmit information. This occurs through a chain of electrical impulses.

Back to Rho- Gam: To this day, Rho- Gam still contains the preservative Thimerosal ( a derivative of mercury, a well known neuro-toxin ). Rho Gam is an agent that desensitizes an Rh negative pregnant mother's immune system so that her blood does not breach the umbilical cord and attack the baby's, in the case that the baby is RH positive. Pregnant mothers are given this shot generally between 6 and 7 months.

I have had the shots during pregnancy and they make me feel odd, sometimes like an out of body experience.

Let's go back to the person with 67% more neurons. How much more damage ( as compared to an average person) can a neurotoxin do to a person who's brain pathways are naturally more packed with neurons? Mercury is a metal. It is an electro-conductor. It could cause a lot of damage either through electric charges or direct chemical damage to the coating of the neurons. The paths were already more complex to begin with, then you add mercury to burn a few bridges and maybe you get a child who is severely autistic.

they only give you anti d injections in pregnancy recently, when I was pregnant with my eldest daughter (13 yrs ago) who turned out to have autism, i did not have anti d injections. When i gave birth to my second child (10 years ago) who has aspergers, I did not have anti d injection until after the birth, but now they give injections twice during pregnancy. I dont think it would be a link with the injections, but more likely the rhesus negative itself.

mntn13
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2011, 1:01 pm

Mine's not there on the poll so I can't vote, but I'm AB negative.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2011, 3:24 pm

I can't vote. I'm B+.

-Skeksis-
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Dec 2011, 3:32 pm

Rh negative.

-Skeksis-
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Dec 2011, 3:48 pm

The-Raven wrote:
ti d injections in pregnancy recently,

Really? My mom was given anti-d injections in the 1970s during pregnancy, not at birth.

Charges
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jan 2012, 12:16 am

Why can't we B people vote? :(

The-Raven
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 5:49 am

-Skeksis- wrote:
The-Raven wrote:
ti d injections in pregnancy recently,

Really? My mom was given anti-d injections in the 1970s during pregnancy, not at birth.

mine was too, I spoke to her about it after writing the post and was supprised to find they used to give it during pregnancy in the 70s, I had my daughter in the 1990s so it must have changed to after the birth by then, and now theyve changed it back again, I expect it varies between health districts and countries aswell. Either way the injections dont cause autism if one of my kids autism and the other aspergers and neither had the injections during pregnancy.