type A negative 12%  12%  [ 24 ]
type AB 10%  10%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 203

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 3:27 am

pakled wrote:
sample size too small...;) we'll find out after a few posts.

Gathering mass quantities of Auties/Aspies (aka: subjects) + syringes. Analysts standing by.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 10:31 am

I'm AB+. My mom is B- and my dad is A+.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 10:52 am

Type O positive.

Is that good?

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 11:09 am

Depends.

Good if you bleed to near-death and need blood.

Depending on which bloody type you have, you might as well decide not to bleed to death in specific countries, as there are small but sometimes significant different distributions of the bloody types.

For example: (no guarantee on the figures)

Country 0+ A+ B+ AB+ 0− A− B− AB−
USA 38% 34% 9% 3% 7% 6% 2% 1%
Hong Kong, China 40% 26% 27% 7% <0,3% <0,3% <0,3% <0,3%

I'd say you're pretty safe with 0+ anyway.

HereComeTheLizards
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Apr 2008, 11:19 am

B+. Ironic, judging my outlook on life. I'm a blood donor. Not much use for me otherwise, so I may as well be a haemaglobin factory.

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 1:48 pm

O-. The universal bloodtype.

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 2:27 pm

O- lots of problems with rhesus diesease in my family too (where your immune system attacks the baby)

Glencannon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Apr 2008, 2:30 pm

B-

Couldn't vote.

Its time for a B blood type suffrage movement!

PersephoneX
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Dec 2011, 1:40 am

Interesting Topic.

I think there may be something here with the blood type. Not as a a cause, but maybe as something that enhances a pre-disposition. I have type O negative and have had to have the Rho-Gam shots and also immunizations.

This is only a theory:

Autistic people have been found to have 67% more neurons in their brains as compared to an average person. It is quite possible that there are some and maybe even many humans that walk the earth with 67% more neurons who are not autistic. Maybe they are gifted or eccentric or normal.

Next, let's discuss the function of neurons in a rudimentary form: The neuron's function in the brain is to transmit information. This occurs through a chain of electrical impulses.

Back to Rho- Gam: To this day, Rho- Gam still contains the preservative Thimerosal ( a derivative of mercury, a well known neuro-toxin ). Rho Gam is an agent that desensitizes an Rh negative pregnant mother's immune system so that her blood does not breach the umbilical cord and attack the baby's, in the case that the baby is RH positive. Pregnant mothers are given this shot generally between 6 and 7 months.

I have had the shots during pregnancy and they make me feel odd, sometimes like an out of body experience.

Let's go back to the person with 67% more neurons. How much more damage ( as compared to an average person) can a neurotoxin do to a person who's brain pathways are naturally more packed with neurons? Mercury is a metal. It is an electro-conductor. It could cause a lot of damage either through electric charges or direct chemical damage to the coating of the neurons. The paths were already more complex to begin with, then you add mercury to burn a few bridges and maybe you get a child who is severely autistic.

Mmuffinn
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Dec 2011, 1:55 am

I'm B+ and I'm suspected of having some kind of porphyria.

theimperiousdork
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2011, 3:06 am

Mine is B+.
Dad is O+.
Mom is B+.
My eldest sister is A+
My younger bro is AB-.
My youngest bro is O+.

lilbuddah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Dec 2011, 7:43 am

I have O-, my blood is so clean and light I have to fend off marauding physicians attempting to steal my immaculate, un-burdened by clumsy antigens, blood with their gross pokey needles! I have donated blood before, It sucks. hey, it does, literally!

AnotherKind
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2011, 9:09 am

A negative. Interesting!

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2011, 10:18 pm

I am not aspie, but would just add that I am MFA and do not have A blood type. My parents are both A I think, but I am 0+

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

19 Dec 2011, 10:46 pm

I have blood type B+. I know this because I've donated blood a few times,and it says my blood type on the donor card. I know that blood type and personality is big in Japan, but I don't think there's a correlation between blood type and autism.

Last edited by SyphonFilter on 20 Dec 2011, 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2011, 5:19 am

I seriously doubt blood type has anything to do with autism. Our extended family have quite a few aspies and borderline people, and it has all 4 blood types, all rh+ though, no negatives.

I do vaguely believe in blood type personality, though. It seems the type A people are mild and laid back, least likely people to break rules or do anything bad. Type B people are generally selfish but can pretend to be nice and charming, they lie easily and naturally. Type AB people seem rather intense and extreme and often say weird things. Type O, well, that's just me and I'm not sure how to judge myself, as I'm the only type O in the extended family. :) Not enough data as my friends are all type A or B as well.