Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 6:55 pm

it's the GCCF manchester & district cat club show,at george h carnall leisure centre in urmston [kingsway park area],third of may.

for those that like cat shows,am recommend it for anyone if get there early enough [avoid the worst of the noise and smell],went to it last year and didn't realise they were going to be so strict,most of the humans have a look no touch policy on the cats,dont know if thats a common thing with shows or not.
it's torture,seeing the maine coons and norweigan forests in cages,when they're rubbing up against the cage for strokes and just want to get them and hug them but the signs says no,did not stay long.
hate how it's mostly the human who gets the welldones,rather than the cat,it's the cats who do all the work.

Has anyone here gone to a cat show before? like not like?

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 9:34 pm

I've watched them a time or two on TV, on the satellite channels, but haven't ever been to a real show. Based on what I've seen, though, the owners are doing a lot more work than the cats. They bathe them, they trim their hair just so, polish their nails, and so on. I love cats, but it sounds like too much effort to show them. Wouldn't mind going to a cat show one of these days, just to look. Bathing a cat is a lot of work, but have you ever seen what happens when you try to dry one with a blow dryer?