iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 11:49 am

tweety_fan wrote:
foxman wrote:
xyzyxx wrote:
Quote:
A couple can't agree on which gang their 4-year-old toddler should join.
There are at least six things wrong with that sentence.

not to mention the wrongness of that whole article.

wrong, totally wrong :x

Do you mean morally or factually wrong?

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 6:28 pm

Thats effing insane. some people just shouldn't be parents.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 4:36 am

I think it's fair to assume that some people are just scum and cannot be reasoned with. As in this case.

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 6:08 am

NArt wrote:
Betzalel wrote:
This is why I despise hip-hop and gang culture. this is an evil tool used to keep the black community down.

I'm not even black but I hate to see this stupidity firmly engrained in the black community. I really despise the younger generation wanting to be "gangsta" we are in for some serious trouble if we cant wipe out this fake culture and actually strive for sanity.

Whites are the biggest consumers of hip-hop culture. Hip-hop hasn't been solely sustained by the Black/Hispanic community since the early 80s (if ever).

Look, i don't believe all music is awful. I mean there's several wonderful hip-hop/rap music outside of "gangsta" music: Public Enemy , Beastie Boys (I don't even know what genre they are anymore), Dizzee Rascal, El-P, The Pharcyde, De La Soul, The Streets, Digable Planets, Outkast (see Beastie Boys)....
however I do concur that the "gangsta" image is not a good thing to sell to young children and that most of recent hip-hop is of low quality.

Anyway, the kid is four. The fact that they are such bad role models that they're encouraging and insisting the idea that being in a gang sickens me. I mean really? that's your idea of being a good parent? pushing a four year old's future into gangs? America.

barcncpt44
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Apr 2008, 3:35 pm

the kid needs to be placed in foster care, the parents in jail :colors:

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2008, 3:37 pm

More Drugs should be legalized that way the drug trade would no longer be profitable and these gangs would die out.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2008, 10:41 pm

MartyMoose wrote:
More Drugs should be legalized that way the drug trade would no longer be profitable and these gangs would die out.

Legalize coke, meth, and heroin? Yah, that would solve every problem wouldn't it?

[/sarcasm]

Death to to hip-hop! Death to black culture! Bring back values. Bring back positivity. Parents, you need to discipline your kids again. Spare the rod, destroy society.

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2008, 11:49 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Death to black culture!

Rofl , sig material.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2008, 2:54 am

It is an interesting argument, which is more destructive; drugs, or the drug trade? I remember seeing an article some years ago that cited a Kaiser-Permante insurance study showing that the most harmful aspect of marijuana use was exposure to the justice system. Would allowing junkies and addicts to legally get high be worth the trade-off of eliminating the profits from drug trafficking and the violence it breeds? Debatable. Personally, I feel the drug war has been a huge failure for society, and that the only people profiting from it are drug traffickers and people who are invested in the legal system. Strange bedfellows, huh?

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2008, 2:55 am

To be fair, it is difficult to get gang colours fitted for the Under 5's. And they grow out of their bling so fast at that age. Packin a nine in Huggies plays hell with the absorbency as well. Maybe the Crips offer better day-care facilities?

Spacedoubt
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 May 2008, 11:07 am

KBABZ wrote:
Although the gang thing is part of black culture, I find it odd that they specifically point out that the girlfriend is black, but not the boyfriend.

They pointed out that he was Hispanic. I got the impression that they did that because each parent's gang's membership was based, partly, on race.

Spacedoubt
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 May 2008, 11:12 am

From the article:

"The girlfriend told authorities they were fighting over which gang their son should join. The girlfriend, who is black, is a member of the Crips while Manzanares, who is Hispanic, belongs to the Westside Ballers."

So, the parents are each affiliated with a gang that they want the baby to belong to. That's the issue here. Why are people getting on some strange discussion about who can have gangs and who likes hip hop? That's not the amazing thing here. The stunning thing, if you read the article, is that teo parents want their 4-yr-old to join gangs!

Spacedoubt
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 May 2008, 11:18 am

[quote="slowmutant]
Death to to hip-hop! Death to black culture! Bring back values. Bring back positivity. Parents, you need to discipline your kids again. Spare the rod, destroy society.[/quote]

I'm beginning to think you are slow, mutant.

Oh, and BTW, I suspect that you're not a parent, but if you use a rod to discipline your kids, you'll go to jail. In the US, anyway.