Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 10:06 am

I used to sing that song all the time when I was little :lol:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 11:52 am

If you become very nauseated and sick soon after eating a certain food you may feel sick just thinking about it after you've recovered, even if you know it wasn't the food itself but something else like a stomach virus.

When I was a kid I would happily eat canned creamed corn that my mom sometimes served for lunch. Now I find it absolutely disgusting because it looks predigested and it's too sweet.

But I LOVE chicken! :heart:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 4:52 pm

my older brother to this day can't stand chicken after it being served to him daily while stationed in Vietnam during the war there. uncle sam musta made a deal with frank purdue or somethin' :shrug:
to this day I can't handle oysters because as a kid I ate some and got sick as a dog for 3 days afterwards. permanently broke me of oysters.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 9:46 pm

There lots of foods I loved as a kid that I started hating before I became a teen like mashed potatoes & macaroni & cheese.

You must be, said the Cat, or you wouldn't have come here.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 10:29 pm

I can't honestly remember [it was DECADES ago] any foods other than raw onions and olives that I absolutely could not abide. pimentos also. potato salad also. cucumbers and asparagus also. :eew:

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 5:09 pm

candleghost wrote:
AngelUndercover wrote:
When I was a kid I was fixated on Muenster cheese. Now I can't stand it.

Ha, me too!

@candleghost: This thread is WAAAAY over 8-years-old----NOT that it's not still relevant----it's just that the person you responded to, hasn't been here since 2010, and may not reply.

As for the OP: I don't think I remember that song.

As for where the conversation's gone..... I can't stand lima beans, black-eyed peas, or cornbread, cuz that's, pretty much, all we had to eat, when I was a kid. Black-eyed peas and lima beans seem to multiply, the more you chew them!!

@AuntBlabby: I can't stand asparagus, either----it tastes like what I imagine a TREE tastes like! LOL The texture makes me wanna RALPH!!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 5:13 pm

even if the OP ain't around, there still is a neat conversation going :pr: :pl:

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 8:53 am

^^ Yes, that's why I said: "NOT that it's not still relevant".

I just always feel bad when I see someone respond to someone who hasn't been here, in a lonnnnng time----and, I'm assuming they're thinking it would be nice, if the person would respond-BACK----so, I'm just letting them know why they may NOT. I'm not putting them down----I just don't want them to be hurt, if the person they spoke to, doesn't speak, BACK; we ASDers, afterall, are sorta KNOWN-for being super-sensitive.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 12:11 pm

the romantic part of me wishes they [MannyAck in this case] were still around to chat. old threads are like time machines or time capsules that are somewhat more interactive, collaborative, like a stew of thought. now and then the OP does show up and it is a pleasant surprise at least for me. I know on my old threads I am overjoyed when somebody resuscitates them into the present day. going into these things makes me feel I am going back in time almost, and that is the #1 thing that draws me to them. i'm just an old romantic, I guess. :oops:

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 2:14 pm

nick007 wrote:
There lots of foods I loved as a kid that I started hating before I became a teen like mashed potatoes & macaroni & cheese.

I used to love Heinz macaroni cheese. It just used to taste delicious. But it's really disgusting! I couldn't eat it now, I did try once years ago.