Dating sites, girls in general - bad experience so far

Page 4 of 4 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 7:08 pm

Guys, there is little point in doing the online thing if you're a heterosexual male. From what I've seen, the vast, overwhelming majority of girls' profiles are 'outgoing girl up for a laugh, likes clubbin and shoppin, looking for hot guys no weirdoes plze.' The words 'attack of the clones' come to mind (one profile I read, she put as interests, 'you know, the usual' ). Seriously, they might as well copy and paste the same description, and just vary things like age and location. The small minority not in this category is mostly no better, just bad in a different way.
The point is, online dating has exactly the same pitfalls as real world dating (most people are shallow, many people lie or pretend to be they're someone they're not, gender roles suck, etc) but, unlike in the real world, there are vastly more heterosexual men than heterosexual women. In other words, it's like real-world dating except the odds are stacked far worse against you if you're a straight guy. Online sites are probably brilliant if you're a woman or a gay guy, otherwise no matter how bad the real world thing is it can'tbe worse than online.

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 8:08 pm

You're probably worse off pursuing online dating instead of the real-life version as a heterosexual male, but how about trying both?

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 2:26 pm

Hector wrote:
You're probably worse off pursuing online dating instead of the real-life version as a heterosexual male, but how about trying both?

My experience is that it's just a waste of time and effort.

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).