Dating sites, girls in general - bad experience so far

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 6:54 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
I have given up on dating sites. I am a full-time college student and 28 years old, and nobody on those sites will date me. The college-age people will not date me because they think anyone older than 22 is a "creepy old man", and the ones close to my age won't date me because of my school-related unemployment.

I don't meet anyone's extremely high standards on those sites, and any attempt to contact them would be considered stalking.

Yeah I know what you mean. Woman are really fickle. When I do the online dating thing, I wait for them to contact me and put a bit of effort into my msgs if their is anyone I'm interested in.

The problem with it is their are heaps of guys that just send out heaps of msgs. If you give them a brief msg it doesn't work, because they usually get heaps of brief msgs.

Hey I see it as there is no harm in putting a profile up at least.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 7:00 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
The things I see on the profiles on those sites are the reason I don't date NTs. Also, my first girlfriend, who was an NT, cheated on me.

My dating pool will be Aspies-only for an indefinite amount of time. They don't lie or cheat.

Hey a lot of woman lie and cheat. There are good and bad woman out there, just like there are good and bad men out there.

Good thing you broke up with her, she sounds bad news. Better you found out sooner rather than later.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 9:59 am

Why are people so obsessed with social status?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Last edited by Tim_Tex on 12 Apr 2008, 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 10:06 am

If she really thought you are a stalker, just leave her alone for some time, until she approaches you or both move on. This said, try moving on.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 2:53 pm

Just this morning, a girl (presumably an NT) I had been talking to online apparently led me on, making me think she wanted a relationship with me, then all of a sudden, she told me she already had a boyfriend. And she had the same interests as me, too, and was liberal.

This is exactly why I will only date other Aspies.

daveybaby
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Apr 2008, 3:17 pm

Err, how's do you go about only dating other Aspies? I wouldn't mind considering said approach, but it seems as though the only aspie gatherings I've been to are predominantly male and they seem much lower functioning than me. And Kalister, your jokes are good. Could you write an essay for me and then give them and the flowers to her for me, cause I'm way too nervous to do it on my own.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 3:30 pm

daveybaby wrote:
Err, how's do you go about only dating other Aspies? I wouldn't mind considering said approach, but it seems as though the only aspie gatherings I've been to are predominantly male and they seem much lower functioning than me. And Kalister, your jokes are good. Could you write an essay for me and then give them and the flowers to her for me, cause I'm way too nervous to do it on my own.

You meet them on online forums, if there aren't any available in local support groups. I am 100 miles from the nearest support group, so using WP and other Aspie forums as dating services is the only way I can find anyone.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 6:30 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Just this morning, a girl (presumably an NT) I had been talking to online apparently led me on, making me think she wanted a relationship with me, then all of a sudden, she told me she already had a boyfriend. And she had the same interests as me, too, and was liberal.

Hmm that's the reason I want to date NTs.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 8:19 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:

Did she tell you that after she found out how much money you make? Women lie, and you can't take what they say literally. Listen to what they say, in the context of what you see, and believe what you see first. Saying she has a boyfriend is an indirect way of saying "no". Either that or she's looking to cheat, and you probably don't want someone with character issues, whether NT or AS.

I'm not even going to try to approach anyone until I graduate with my PhD. The distraction could jeopardize my progress and I don't have any market value without an income. It's wrong, I know but that's how it is. When you first meet someone, remember there's a reason why the ask "what do you do?" To me this sounds like "money, money, money, money" Maybe my parents' and aunts' generation was different, but I don't think even they realize how bad the gold digging out there really is.

I'm a bit wary of making someone unhealthy by giving her what she wants. What is required of me to be successful with her, may do her more harm than good. I want a partner, not a dependent, not someone who just wants to sit around, eating junk in front of the high-definition TV (paid for by me), and get fat, dumb and weak.

Do you think that so many of these "soccer moms" who end up on prozac, or with eating disorders, or go out and say "the sky is falling" when a nuclear power plant is installed, got that way because they never had to learn what it means to live as responsible, independent, fully functioning adults?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 8:45 pm

sgrannel wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Did she tell you that after she found out how much money you make? Women lie, and you can't take what they say literally. Listen to what they say, in the context of what you see, and believe what you see first. Saying she has a boyfriend is an indirect way of saying "no". Either that or she's looking to cheat, and you probably don't want someone with character issues, whether NT or AS.

I'm not even going to try to approach anyone until I graduate with my PhD. The distraction could jeopardize my progress and I don't have any market value without an income. It's wrong, I know but that's how it is. When you first meet someone, remember there's a reason why the ask "what do you do?" To me this sounds like "money, money, money, money" Maybe my parents' and aunts' generation was different, but I don't think even they realize how bad the gold digging out there really is.

I'm a bit wary of making someone unhealthy by giving her what she wants. What is required of me to be successful with her, may do her more harm than good. I want a partner, not a dependent, not someone who just wants to sit around, eating junk in front of the high-definition TV (paid for by me), and get fat, dumb and weak.

Do you think that so many of these "soccer moms" who end up on prozac, or with eating disorders, or go out and say "the sky is falling" when a nuclear power plant is installed, got that way because they never had to learn what it means to live as responsible, independent, fully functioning adults?

I mentioned that I was a full-time college student.

I think the reason people ask "a/s/l?" is to make sure that your "l" isn't "ar" or "wv".

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 8:58 pm

"I think the reason people ask "a/s/l?" is to make sure that your "l" isn't "ar" or "wv"."

I don't understand. What is this?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 9:06 pm

sgrannel wrote:
"I think the reason people ask "a/s/l?" is to make sure that your "l" isn't "ar" or "wv"."

A/S/L is shorthand for age/sex/location on instant messaging.

AR and WV stand for Arkansas and West Virginia, respectively. In popular culture, people in those states are often portrayed as not having social graces or intelligence. In the case of West Virginia, there are a lot of jokes about people marrying their cousins there.

There are also many sophisticated people in both of those states. Arkansas had Bill Clinton and Sam Walton. West Virginia's governor, Joe Manchin, showed very commendable leadership in the wake of the coal mine disasters of 2006, and is currently one of the most popular governors in the country because of that.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 9:20 pm

I get a lot of junk email from Tagged. I think a lot of the women on dating sites are shills (look up what that means). It's a way to get you to sign up for a match service, supposedly because someone is interested in you, even though they don't know anything about you. Why are they always 21-28 years old? (sarcasm) Others get a thrill out of yanking a college student's chain by leading them on, when they never intended to follow through. Don't take anyone seriously without meeting in person.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 9:36 pm

there is a fairly popular site that is free, called plenty of fish, has anyone heard of it
http://www.plentyoffish.com/

daveybaby

12 Apr 2008, 10:11 pm

Don't read into things THAT much. :)

Tim_Tex wrote:
sgrannel wrote:

A/S/L is shorthand for age/sex/location on instant messaging.

AR and WV stand for Arkansas and West Virginia, respectively. In popular culture, people in those states are often portrayed as not having social graces or intelligence. In the case of West Virginia, there are a lot of jokes about people marrying their cousins there.

There are also many sophisticated people in both of those states. Arkansas had Bill Clinton and Sam Walton. West Virginia's governor, Joe Manchin, showed very commendable leadership in the wake of the coal mine disasters of 2006, and is currently one of the most popular governors in the country because of that.

daveybaby

12 Apr 2008, 10:14 pm

I believe you hit things right on the money. And yes, I have a whole lot of crap I need to take care of with school and whatnot, girls are attracted to at my age, to sports heroes and musicians. I've had a tiny romantic experience I can brag about, that's all I need.

Yes, plenty of people are looking for thrills on dating sites. Its also probably for a confidence boost, so they are better prepared to approach people they actually intend to make-out with.

sgrannel wrote:
I get a lot of junk email from Tagged. I think a lot of the women on dating sites are shills (look up what that means). It's a way to get you to sign up for a match service, supposedly because someone is interested in you, even though they don't know anything about you. Why are they always 21-28 years old? (sarcasm) Others get a thrill out of yanking a college student's chain by leading them on, when they never intended to follow through. Don't take anyone seriously without meeting in person.