What happens to you when you are tired?

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

neongrl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 12:36 pm

-I'm pretty quiet to begin with but when I'm tired I'm almost mute, communication takes on a lot more gestures, nodding yes/no etc
-more prone to overload and sensory issues get worse
-lower tolerance for being around other people
-my outward presence, mannerisms, etc look even more autistic
-worse ADD/harder to focus on anything

edited to add: Basically the way it works for me is that when I first get up in the morning, I'd say I'm relatively NT and the ADD/ADHD isn't too bad. (And as far as communication goes I do more talking in those first 2-3 hours than I do through the whole rest of the day.) As the day goes on I slowly cross from one side of the spectrum to the other - by bedtime I'm usually firmly planted on the autistic side.

MovieMogul
Toucan
Toucan

11 Oct 2005, 1:11 pm

Well, tonight I'm not sleeping because I've gotten really emotional about events today. I've probably made enough posts about it tonight that you wouldnt even need to ask, come sunrise...

But lack of sleep makes me more irritable when I could be doing something, when I'm actually doing nothing (in group work), more prone to emotional breakdown, and possibly mild depression.

That's based off tonight's experience mostly. Most of the time I sleep okay...

http://actionman133.isa-geek.net:8080/

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 5:53 pm

When I get tired I get the same feeling I get during overload of wanting to go laydown, block out incoming sensory inputs, and fall asleep.

The only difference is that when I'm actually tired I can fall asleep.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 8:56 pm

rearden wrote:
I'll do really dumb stuff like plugging a power strip into itself and then wondering why it's not working.

Hehehehe... That's funny. :lol:

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 10:35 pm

my eyes will feel it first, then I just get really lethargic, I sit any way but straight up, I talk like I'm drunk, and I can't stare at anything for a long time. And yawns of course

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 7:12 am

I become stupider in my speech and disclose more; I feel dizzy and sick and will do anything just to shut my eyes or lie down, and I become really weak.

Sophist wrote:
When I am tired my brain goes PFFFT! and I go onto automatic pilot. Plus, if I am not allowed to go to bed, I get grumpy and whiny. And my patience level becomes nill.

Haha. Good way to put it.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 2:41 pm

I go bonkers. I'm usually a riot when I'm exhausted at work. Watch our undeslept Ben, he'll make you laugh all night with his tired wit and sarcasm!! ! Ahh!! ! My mind can't focus on itself, and I can go into long-winded rants about something as simple as a balloon (oh, and I have). It's hilarious, but at school it's really bad cause I can't focus. I also tend to have no facial expresion and am prone to bursts of energy.

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 9:02 pm

Sarcastic_Name wrote:
I go bonkers. I'm usually a riot when I'm exhausted at work. Watch our undeslept Ben, he'll make you laugh all night with his tired wit and sarcasm!! ! Ahh!! ! My mind can't focus on itself, and I can go into long-winded rants about something as simple as a balloon (oh, and I have). It's hilarious, but at school it's really bad cause I can't focus. I also tend to have no facial expresion and am prone to bursts of energy.

I don't consider myself "tired" when I'm in that state, but rather "punchy." I DO get like that though and I'm fun or annoying to be around depending on your tolerance for my sudden insane (and out-of-character) perkiness.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 9:37 pm

Serissa wrote:
Sarcastic_Name wrote:

I don't consider myself "tired" when I'm in that state, but rather "punchy." I DO get like that though and I'm fun or annoying to be around depending on your tolerance for my sudden insane (and out-of-character) perkiness.

Well, that's how I act when I'm tired and around other people. The second I'm alone and in a bed, I fall asleep in minutes.