Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

ci
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2011, 5:54 pm

I did not put words in your mouth,. You said having autism is like being gay. I replied that to not receive treatments is not about being gay in so many words. Many therapist acknowledge going down the street for a walk can be therapeutic thus a form of treatment. If the treatment helps it is curing. So if someone chooses community integration and it works for them and they become more independent or satisfied (improved quality of life) with services this is really treatment in some forms. Cure is a very broad concept especially with autism being so diverse and one cure or said as treatment is not applicable for one person but the other. Therefore a cure for autism is not the same for each individual and a cure cannot all the time be perceive in the absolute sense as in changing a person to a said N.T human but improving quality of life.

Developing and implementing cures is an honorable pursuit and protected by human rights and cannot be evaded collectively by any groups or individuals dignity rights as the right to treatment of others supersedes it. Moreover the right to dignity is person subjective and if you wish to not consider a treatment a cure or define cure as simply treatment or adaptation and so on for self-esteem even the concept of cure can imply improved self-esteem even if cure is chosen by you or others or simply does not imply you. The right for cure is a fundamental human liberty and any attempt to evade this right should be held suspect and the right protected.

Individuals have a right to view autism as a disease and even different from a cold. Depression can be considered a disease of the mind. Many things can be considered a disease. However should a group call someone a disease instead of having a condition that is conceptualized in pathology as disease in intellectual frameworks that is a dignity issue. If others wish to re-define the initial implied meaning of autism as a disability but say it is an identity by choice that seems political in context to cure which can evade honorable pursuits for a cure which is received in compassionate terms with the public and not hateful ways as depicted by anti-cure advocates at times.

I do not like being called a label as my identity I believe it is insulting. So if others want to do it and claim others views of autism to cure it is insulting then I think they have learned to take things to personally when others just wanted to help. So if you are very high functioning and do not believe you need any help why evade the cure concept as a mode of advocacy that gets the public to help and be compassionate when anti-cure calls that pity.

Ultimately the politics of calling oneself a disease label and complaining about it is self-inflicted or a poor judgment of awareness organizations, media and otherwise. I am a person not a label and that has nothing to do with the label being part of me or not but I am that I am regardless. Politics tend to want to be insulting in the first place for political reasons.

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

ducky9924
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Mar 2011, 10:50 pm

Ok, I'm sorry. I' can't discuss this with you anymore. I know you have writing impediments, and I'm trying to ignore them. but they are making it impossible to have a conversation. I'm litterally copying your posts into word pad and fixing the grammer sentance by sentence in an attempt to understand. Meanwhile you seem not to understand what I'm saying either. You counter points I haven't made. I don't know if you don't understand what I'm saying or don't care or if I'm misunderstanding your counters. I can't tell.

I bear you no ill. I don't believe it's your fault, but frankly this is frustrating me, and this sort of discussion never does that.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2011, 12:12 am

Yeah I just talked to an Autism Expert and Harvard Graduate with a PHD about this today and she understood everything I said. It would help if you tried to understand what I say if you asked a question by copying and pasting what I said like a sentence and asked what I mean. I write in highly technical terms and sometimes goof up and mix express (mixed expressive language disorder). Yet when I write in highly abstract based terms to explain differing thought frameworks people get lost because they cannot comprehend differing belief structuralisms I write because they simply are stuck in their own unable to yet think outside of their exclusive box or do not wish to understand because it threatens a held belief. So to prove to me you don't understand your going to have to make a public effort here to prove to myself and others you as a politician politically influencing others not to take autism seriously at all times and individual rights seriously that you honestly don't understand by means of public effort.

In my opinion some advocates either are sometimes honestly talking about dignity issues or other-times are influenced by special interest (or are special interest) attempting evade treatment rights because of tax payer obligations in the law. This can be done by persuading the public indirectly by not taking autism seriously thus influiecing macro politics to not fund treatment research, social services and ADA protected accomodations. This issue is very serious and effects peoples lives. You got to make the attempt at least.

Proper debate and argumentation allows for mutual comprehension and logical debate with a full spectrum of ideas.

Nathan Young

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

Tokiodarling21
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jun 2012, 1:21 am

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40576589@N07/7333612030/http://www.flickr.com/people/40576589@N07/

As of May 31, 2012 this is the new ribbon for Puzzle Peace