Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

reika
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Apr 2008, 1:59 pm

What are your 3 favorite episodes? I meant to go with 1 but I just can't.

I would have to say "Bad Blood" in season 6 I think it was. The one where the little kid was a vampire and they showed it from both Mulder and Scullys viewpoints. It really cracked me up and I laughed the whole way thru it.

Also loved the one about the Alien who came to play baseball.(its called "For the love of the Game in season 3 I think, not for sure.) When the lightening flashed and you saw the alien reflection in the bus window, my NT daughter screamed. And the way the guy kept passing out when he saw it was reallly an alien is what would really happen
(in theoryas a way for the mind to protect itself supposedly.)

Also the "Cops" episode. At first I was really mad because I thought they had pre-empted X-Files for a stupid "Cops" episode. When Scully says "Because the FBI has nothing to hide" I really laughed.

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Lau: "But where would they put their feet?" Postpaleo: "Up their ass."

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 2:47 pm

I particularly enjoyed the one where there was a journalist writing an account of Scully and Mulder's adventures (Charles Nelson Riley played the character, I believe). It had a guest cameo by Alex Trebek.

I also enjoyed the one where Scully and Mulder pretended to be a young married couple who moved into a gated community, Arcadia, where people had been mysteriously disappearing. They went as "Laura and Rob Pietre" (which is a gag in itself). And she kept calling him "poopy head" as her "pet" name. Ah, homeowner's associations. I often suspected....

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 3:33 pm

My favourite episode was "The Amazing Maleeni" (season 7, episode 8 ), about a young magician who took revenge on a mobster. It was very funny and had one surprising plot twist after the other, right until the end. Another favourite was "Field Trip" (season 6, episode 21), an episode consisting largely of hallucinations caused by fungi. "Tempus Fugit" (season 4, episode 17) was also very spooky, about an alien abduction from an airplane in mid-flight.

beyondtheinfinite
Raven
Raven

12 Apr 2008, 3:48 pm

My favorite humorous episode was the one with mobsters going after the world's luckiest man. I believe it was called "Goldberg Variations".

My favorite scary episode was the one about the cursed doll, "Chinga". I think Stephen King wrote the script for that one.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 5:00 pm

reika wrote:
Also the "Cops" episode. At first I was really mad because I thought they had pre-empted X-Files for a stupid "Cops" episode. When Scully says "Because the FBI has nothing to hide" I really laughed.

Heh, Yeah I enjoyed that one to. The whole thing was funny. My favorite part was where they were desperatly trying to save the blond cop.

NicholasGray
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Apr 2008, 6:59 pm

I like the one with Pruitt Taylor Vince as the photographer who lobotomizes people with an icepick because he believes they have some kind of "unrest" in their heads. Turns out he has had a death wish the entire time because of the "unrest" in his head too.

The episode is really scary but very painful and sad too.

UnclScrewtape
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Apr 2008, 7:20 pm

reika wrote:
Also loved the one about the Alien who came to play baseball.(its called "For the love of the Game in season 3 I think, not for sure.) When the lightening flashed and you saw the alien reflection in the bus window, my NT daughter screamed. And the way the guy kept passing out when he saw it was reallly an alien is what would really happen
(in theoryas a way for the mind to protect itself supposedly.)

The episode is called "The Unnatural", and it is also one of my favorites. I'm also fond of "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose", "Bad Blood", "D.P.O.", and yes, "Home".

victorvndoom
Toucan
Toucan

13 Apr 2008, 4:18 am

first and last episode :p

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Apr 2008, 7:17 am

The one with the green flying swarm of virus/insect thingies which get in through the tiniest of cracks etc, after a huge old tree is chopped down in a deep forest by aggressive logging. And the stretchy character coming through drain holes.

I like the earlier episodes in general because I think it makes a difference that the two stars still liked each other and looked so soft and innocent, whereas later on they look so hard and bitter or cynical etc.

8)

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2008, 3:45 am

"Roland" for the decent portrayal of someone with Autistic Disorder.

I like the aforementioned "icepick" episode too.

Reodor_Felgen
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2008, 7:04 am

Dod Kalm (the gibberish scandinavian language they speak is hillarious!)
Home
Any episode with The Sigarette Smoking Man

Fuck. This will override the swear word filter.

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2008, 7:39 am

the episode where mulder finds the genie in the rolled up carpet.

amaren
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 May 2008, 2:04 am

darkstone100 wrote:
the episode where mulder finds the genie in the rolled up carpet.

Mine too - it's called Je Souhaite, and my favourite bit is when Scully is putting yellow dust on the invisible man.

I also like the 'sit in a coffee shop and watch the world go by' ambition :D

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

02 May 2008, 2:10 am

I don't know the name, but there was a killer called "pusher" who used telekinesis to kill his victims. Also that mutant who hibernated in a wall and ate livers. Those were both good episodes.

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2008, 2:14 pm

the guy who played "the alien bounty hunter" gave my kid like an autographed photo and a bunch of stuff when she wrote to him. very nice guy.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2008, 9:52 am

I'm working my way through the series; there's another episode where someone has autism (Atypical Autism in this case). He's the guy who works at the bowling alley, and he's seen as a suspect for the murder of the young women.

It's a good portrayal too.