Page 2 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2009, 6:42 am

I don't know the name of the episode. But it took place in Worcester, Mass. My hometown so thats my favorite.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2009, 6:55 am

Recently going through them again, the three I've already mentioned are my favourites:

"Icepick" one
"Bad Blood"
"Insect in the office" one (Hiding in the Light)

ImpulseGenerator
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Apr 2009, 6:18 pm

I loved Bad Blood and X-Cops.
I like the teaser in the beginning of Bad Blood, just when Mulder realises the vampire's teeth are fake, after he put a stake in him, he says: Oh SHH- and is beeing cut off by the intro tune:D.
Also Syzygy, Grotesque, Monday , Duane Barry and Ascension, Monday and Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man.

AC132
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Apr 2009, 3:26 pm

My three would be Anasazi, One Breath and Paper Hearts.

Anasazi is a great end to season two, full of twists and turns and I loved to see Mulder lose it like that, first with Skinner and then when he beat the s**t out of Krycek - best fight in the whole show, it's so brutal and raw. Scully is ultra awesome the whole episode.

One Breath is for the scene at Scully's bedside, when Mulder has forsaken his revenge to be with her, and for the scene that follows, back at his wrecked apartment as he sinks to the floor in tears. Never fails to get me. Great stuff.

Paper Hearts turns everything Mulder thought he knew about his sisters abduction on its head. It's a heartbreaking and shocking episode, which, as in Irrisistable, shows us how the darkest of human acts is the equal of any supernatural imagining. The scene where the suspect says he "wants to see Mulder's face," took my breath away.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2009, 11:48 pm

I love the one where they go to the amish like community and they are all inside this creepy alien goo.

Basement
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Apr 2009, 6:14 am

Bad Blood is from season 5 and it's very funny. Post Modern Prometheus is a cracker, too.

Anasazi for me, though. I was 13 or 14 when I first saw it and it knocked my socks off. That whole trilogy did, really.

I really like Paper Hearts mentioned above, it's pretty heartbreaking, but I always thought the show handled issues such as child abuse and abduction with great sensitivity without being afraid to show the ugly side as well.

Good times.

silentbob15
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2009, 1:17 pm

KenM wrote:
I don't know the name of the episode. But it took place in Worcester, Mass. My hometown so thats my favorite.

Like most shows these days, they use a location near the studio, most of X-File were filmed in and around Vancouver British Columbia, like Stargate Sg1 and Battlestar Galatica.

Daemonic-Jackal
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2009, 6:48 am

I assume we're only talk about stand alone episodes then heres a few of my favourites

Gender Bender
Blood (the one with the subliminal messages)
Triangle
Via Negativa

and as for episodes relating to the mythology then Biogenesis/The Sixth Extinction 1 & 2

I was an X-Files fanatic back in the day.

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2009, 9:24 pm

"Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space'"

My favorite title is "One Breath"

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2009, 9:49 am

theres one where theyre in norway

and the actors who play as norwegians, talk gibberish norwegian

as if you hired someone to play an arab, and the dialogue goes "hebbe habba! hebba allahuakbar!"

it was really weird, and they had names like bergen and trondheim and stuff.

1. hello, those are cities. theyre on the map. norwegian names are olaf, erik and stuff. its not very hard to figure out.
2. hello, x-files is an internationally recieved series. did they not know norway has TV? did they perhaps think norwegians would not notice that their language is presented as pure gibberish?
3. norwegians have technology. we know what stars and asteroids are, and we do NOT swear "by thor" anymore.

this episode is REALLY stupid :]

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2009, 10:10 am

Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose, The one where Mulder goes back and fights the nazis (wow that was so well directed) and Paper Hearts.

Not seen this series since it was on telly. Oh no... now I want to go out and buy the whole thing, and watch it from the beginning. You've just taken over the next couple of months of my life. :roll:

How about favourite lines?

"Some truths are not for you,"

"Can you die yet?"

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2009, 10:22 am

ZEGH8578 wrote:

as if you hired someone to play an arab, and the dialogue goes "hebbe habba! hebba allahuakbar!"

Jeg tanke det var dårlig også.

Okay... sorry, my memory of Norwegian is really poor - incredibly so, but I think it's a tad better than the X Files rendition! Yes, I remember that episode as being incredibly annoying... and I don't even speak Norwegian. But it was surely obvious to anyone that they were just talking gobbledygook.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2009, 7:00 pm

mgran wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:

Jeg tanke det var dårlig også.

Okay... sorry, my memory of Norwegian is really poor - incredibly so, but I think it's a tad better than the X Files rendition! Yes, I remember that episode as being incredibly annoying... and I don't even speak Norwegian. But it was surely obvious to anyone that they were just talking gobbledygook.

switch tenke for synes and you got it right!

in norwegian 'tenke' means "to think' the actual activity.
'synes' is to opine

whats more hilarious is... if they thought that norwegian actors would be difficult to find, they should have considered this much:
norway has a movie industry, small one, but still, we have tons of actors, and a population of 4,5 million.

usa has 5 million norwegians :D i mean, come on :D

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 2:05 am

I love the subtlety of different languages... You know, the specificity of the difference between two different verbs for "to think." Thank you for that!

Oh, my mother once had to give a speech in Norway... she went to a great deal of trouble to get it right, but unfortunately used a very puritan dictionary. I can't remember how she said it, but she started off thinking that she was saying, "it gives me great pleasure to be here..." but instead saying, "it gives me great orgasm to be here." :oops:

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 5:27 am

mgran wrote:
I love the subtlety of different languages... You know, the specificity of the difference between two different verbs for "to think." Thank you for that!

Oh, my mother once had to give a speech in Norway... she went to a great deal of trouble to get it right, but unfortunately used a very puritan dictionary. I can't remember how she said it, but she started off thinking that she was saying, "it gives me great pleasure to be here..." but instead saying, "it gives me great orgasm to be here." :oops:

:O
REALLY?
she cant have used the actual word "orgasm" its the same in norwegian, only w an +e in the end?
maybe she used the word for lust or something, but hah, i bet she got some laughs :D

i also find charming when foreigners want to impress norwegians, by saying "i love you norway" also translated litterally, since norwegian has two words for love:
elske= to love, be in love, romantic, sexual, spiritual love.
glad i = "happy in(with)" to love someone, love a friend, love a country, love nature.

they always use "elske" and we're like "wow! *blush* really?" :D

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 6:42 am

She may have used the wrong verb for love... I thought it was pleasure though. I was twelve at the time, and can't remember what she said... just the audience laughing. :? She was quick on her feet though... when someone explained it she made a joke of it and just carried on in English. :lol: