Would you rather be ignored or bullied?

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Would you rather be bullied or ignored?
Bullied 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Ignored 97%  97%  [ 65 ]
Total votes : 67
13 Apr 2008, 3:32 am

If you had to pick between those two, what would you pick and why?

Ignored: Kids pretends you don't exist, they don't talk to you or have nothing to do with you. In fact they don't even talk to you when you talk to them. They just pretend you aren't there. When you go to play on a playground equipment, the rest of the kids who are on it, all get off and walk away and there you are alone.

Bullied: Kids don't ignore you. They egg you and call you names, ridicule you, tease you. They call you names like stupid. Lot of us have had this happen with us so we all know what I am talking about here.

If I had to pick between those two, I'd rather be ignored. Better than being made fun of and harassed. Sure kids walked away from me on the playground when I was little and it hurt my feelings but I should have realized 'at least I have the whole equipment to myself' and I should have just teased them about it by going over to them just so they can leave and I keep following them to the next equipment and they leave too and pretty soon, they would have stop leaving the playground equipments every time I come over and play on it because they would have realized I was throwing it back at them by teasing them and bullying them and I was using their method to manipulate I wanted the equipment it all to myself.
But unforunitly I never thought of it back then.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 3:37 am

I always wanted to be ignored.

When people realized I was "different" after they tried to interact with me, that's when the bullying started.

Thomas1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Apr 2008, 3:40 am

Ignored easily. In fact I sort've like it. I remember this one time I was having a pleasant day when I asked my coworker for something and she told me that she wasn't talking to me (because I offended her without realizing it the previous day). Then I realized the reason I was having such a nice day was because I didn't have to hear about her coffee or gossip for the thousanth time. I laughed and went back to my work.

Though it should probably be noted that ignoring a person is just another form of bullying.

Quote:
I should have just teased them about it by going over to them just so they can leave and I keep following them to the next equipment and they leave too and pretty soon, they would have stop leaving the playground equipments every time I come over and play on it because they would have realized I was throwing it back at them by teasing them and bullying them and I was using their method to manipulate I wanted the equipment it all to myself.
But unforunitly I never thought of it back then.

That's for the best. They likely would have started physically bullying you after that.

Catalyst
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Apr 2008, 3:44 am

Who the hell would prefer to be bullied rather than being left alone? I've known people who I've described as "begging for a whuppin'", but it wasn't, y'know, LITERAL.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 3:50 am

I read an anecdote of an individual with Asperger's who said that they preferred to be bullied (they were), rather than being alone. Both sides of the coin.

I never wanted to interact with people; I just wanted to be left alone to do my own thing.

13 Apr 2008, 3:54 am

Catalyst wrote:
Who the hell would prefer to be bullied rather than being left alone? I've known people who I've described as "begging for a whuppin'", but it wasn't, y'know, LITERAL.

My boyfriend. He says I was lucky I got the bullying because it meant I got attention and I was noticed. He was ignored and that was what happened with him, the way I described being ignored. They talked behind his back of course and said mean things about him like he is stupid and fat and all sort of other stuff. I think he was the lucky one because he didn't get bullied. I told him he would not want to get bullied, it is not fun, but he still says I was lucky.

I wanted kids to be afraid of me in fact because I figured if they were all afraid of me, they leave me alone.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 3:54 am

You mean I get a choice? How about neither? Out of default, I choose ignored. Bullied is certainly a worse fate. I must say; often ignoring/bullying occurs at the same time!! ! Notice that? I've had this duality happen.....

I guess if given NT doesn't like, I'd rather they just leave me alone. Alone from a far distance.

victorvndoom
Toucan
Toucan

13 Apr 2008, 4:08 am

i was bullied but i was also ignored for some games where i couldnt play along

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

13 Apr 2008, 5:05 am

I would rather be ignored.

I would rather have no one talk to me than have those who do talk to me call me names, tease, laugh etc.

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 5:18 am

Well I have lived long enough to have experienced both.

I prefer to be ignored, I am so used to it anyway and have often chosen to sit by myself in the work rest area or go out in town by myself. It often doesn't occur to me that I could be with someone else, it seems quite natural to do everything on my own. In these last few years though, I have learned to include others in my life and that is because of my children and them including me in some of their interests and outings - it has shown me a different way of doing things.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 6:30 am

I'd rather be ignored, than bullied.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 6:39 am

Ignored, hands down. I've been through the extremes of bullying and I definitely don't want to have to experience that ever again.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 6:42 am

I experienced both. Bullied by the boys and ignored by the girls, so I'd prefer neither.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 7:10 am

LabPet wrote:
I must say; often ignoring/bullying occurs at the same time!! ! Notice that? I've had this duality happen.....

I wanted to say that too. The two can be just two different types of bullying, especially in the way Spokane_Girl described them.

Limited to these two choices, I prefer being ignored naturally. In elementary school nobody needed to pretend that I did not exist. They just forgot about me for real. I was alone on the playground between hundreds of children.

It was as if I was invisible.

Fine at that time yet, because everybody else was invisible to me too.

I had my share of bullying for 10 years, I can wholeheartedly say I would not agree on another year.

AngelUndercover
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Apr 2008, 7:12 am

I get ignored a lot. I used to get bullied a lot. I much prefer being ignored.

Seth36
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Apr 2008, 7:41 am

Ive had both, and given the option ignored is always more preferrable to walking home and six morons trying to jump you with knives and baseball bats, i dont care how much attention anyone thinks it will bring them, go throught he bullying i did and you'll change your mind pretty damn fast.