i am 16 and have a 3 MONTH OLD BABY GIRL

Page 1 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

puppylove22
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Apr 2008, 2:58 pm

i am 16 years old, have aspergers and have a 3 month old baby girl, people hate me because i am a young mum , so i came on here to find some friends to speak to

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 3:01 pm

Congratulations! regardless of the circumstances and your current age, babies are a blessing.

puppylove22
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Apr 2008, 3:02 pm

Thanks she's the only thing in my life that i can say is mines

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 3:04 pm

hi girl, welcome :)

where in the world are you?

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 3:05 pm

yo

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 3:07 pm

Welcome Puppylove22,

You're welcome here! 8)

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 3:07 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
Congratulations! regardless of the circumstances and your current age, babies are a blessing.

A blessing? This person will forever more be brought down by the child she brought into the world; she is doomed to be nothing more than a simpleton. She will never be able to go to college, at least not a university of any prestige. Statistically, her life will be far worse with the child than without.

Nico
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 3:08 pm

Hi, I'm 16 years old too :)

z0rp
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 3:14 pm

The bright side of having a child so young is that you'll be done raising it by 34, most people are done raising their child at like 40-50 something. :P

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 3:21 pm

puppylove22 wrote:
i am 16 years old, have aspergers and have a 3 month old baby girl, people hate me because i am a young mum , so i came on here to find some friends to speak to

Life can be hard on a young mom, we can give you some degree of support to help deal with it. Good luck and hang in there puppylove22! :wink:

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

13 Apr 2008, 3:34 pm

hi puppylove! welcome! hope things are going well for you and your child.

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

reika
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Apr 2008, 3:38 pm

Or.... perhaps she could not be a mere "statistic" and because of the child strive even harder to become self-supporting and to make a better life for both of them. And rise above whatever preconceived notion society has decided to impose on them.
Personally, my life has been nothing but enriched by my children, and OMG I went to Uni while I was a single parent. I wouldt trade the love of my children for a "Uni of prestige" any day. Some things are more important than that,
Nothing against you personally Kallister, but your statement of "She is doomed to be nothing more than a simpleton" I find extreamly rude and offensive. Who are you to make such judgements on other people?
Here's a young lady who comes to WP looking for friendship and is instead met w/ blatant insults.

Moving on.... Hello puppylove22, :D its a pleasure to meet you and I'm sure you'll make some friends here. There are lots of people here who aren'tso narrow-minded and judgemental. I commend you for the way you just "put yourself out there" and am sorry that you feel that people hate you. I was a 20 year old single mother years and years ago so I remember well the stigma. Just get tuff emotionally and focus on both you and your child's well-being and make the best life you possiably can for her. (That's my unsolicited advice anyhow) :D

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Lau: "But where would they put their feet?" Postpaleo: "Up their ass."

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 4:18 pm

Kalister1 wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:

A blessing? This person will forever more be brought down by the child she brought into the world; she is doomed to be nothing more than a simpleton. She will never be able to go to college, at least not a university of any prestige. Statistically, her life will be far worse with the child than without.

eh? one thing you are missing about this Kalster is that this person is not a statistic, she is a young woman with a child. If anything, you sound like just the person that would make sure she is held down and her child suffer for it. I just love how you run to kick someone while they are down, Kalister. It sure is easier to sit behind your computer screen and judge other people's lives, isn't it?

People like you forget that going to a prestigious school mostly just impresses other people that have done so, and there are many many more people that just laugh at you all. I still don't understand where being a 'simpleton' is caused by having a child at a young age. Perhaps you could enlighten us?

Merle

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 4:24 pm

Kalister1 wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:

Really, Kalister? I dropped out of high school when I was her age, because I couldn't handle the pressure any longer. I certainly never attended "a university of any prestige". Does that make me a "simpleton", and "doomed to be nothing more" for the rest of my life?

For that matter, was Abraham Lincoln, who had almost no formal schooling and absolutely no college education (much less a "university of any prestige") a "simpleton"?

When Albert Einstein dropped out of school at the age of 16, and failed to get into college on his first try, did that "doom" him to be "nothing more than a simpleton"?

For that matter, George W. Bush graduated high school, and subsequently went to Yale (certainly a university of some prestige). Does this mean he is actually a genius, and simply appears to be a simpleton?

I think you place far too much importance on formal education, my young friend...

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 4:41 pm

Yes, if you can't even handle the pressure of high school, I don't know what better word describes you.

George Bush graduated from Yale, of course, but any professor will tell you that those with enough clout simply are allowed to take classes tailored to "their needs". George Bush simply used his families prestige to get into a school he should of never been at to begin with. I believe UCLA was busted for this practice a couple years ago, but I could be wrong.

Everyone is a statistic. I do mind rudeness, and would hate to be anything but civil, but this situation warrants it. You act like my lack lack of tact somehow detracts from the validity of my statements. My bluntness may be a political mistake, which I regret thoroughly, as I should of found a more eloquent mode of elocution. The truth is, being offended is not an argument, as I could always say your face offends me, or your manner of dress.

Having a child at such a young age is entirely irresponsible. In response to the statement I am simply trying to impress, has it ever occurred to you that everyone's goal in life is to impress other people? From the action of brushing your teeth so your breath doesn't smell, to combing your hair in the morning, it is all designed to impress. The world is a stage, and we're all actors.

Abraham Lincoln was a well read man, and had much better grammar than the original poster. I seriously doubt your trying to compare the two.

Albert Einstein had an IQ believed to be around 160, and did do rather well in his life.

I wasn't just talking about education, I was talking more broadly about the ability to make something with your life, and the amount it is seriously impinged upon by having a child so young. Its irresponsible, stupid, and above all selfish. What kind of life could a 16 year old possibly give a child, without having to rely on her parents that she has already taken so much from? Why not wait until you can actually provide for the child?

Yes, I will admit, I am very young. I find life to be a struggle, no matter what providence blesses you with. I do not mean this in a base fashion. Don't mistake your age for wisdom.

Last edited by Kalister1 on 13 Apr 2008, 4:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 4:48 pm

Kalister1 wrote:
Yes, if you can't even handle the pressure of high school, I don't know what better word describes you.

George Bush graduated from Yale, of course, but any professor will tell you that those with enough clout simply are allowed to take classes tailored to "their needs". George Bush simply used his families prestige to get into a school he should of never been at to begin with. I believe UCLA was busted for this practice a couple years ago, but I could be wrong.

Everyone is a statistic. I do mind rudeness, and would hate to be anything but civil, but this situation warrants it. You act like my lack lack of tact somehow detracts from the validity of my statements. My bluntness may be a political mistake, which I regret thoroughly, as I should of found a more eloquent mode of elocution. The truth is, being offended is not an argument, as I could always say your face offends me, or your manner of dress.

Having a child at such a young age is entirely irresponsible. In response to the statement I am simply trying to impress, has it ever occurred to you that everyone's goal in life is to impress other people? From the action of brushing your teeth so your breath doesn't smell, to combing your hair in the morning, it is all designed to impress. The world is a stage, and we're all actors.

Abraham Lincoln was a well read man, and had much better grammar than the original poster. I seriously doubt your trying to compare the two.

Albert Einstein had an IQ believed to be around 160, and did do rather well in his life.

I wasn't talking about education, I was talking about the ability to make something with your life is seriously impinged on by having a child so young. Its irresponsible, stupid, and above all selfish. What kind of life could a 16 year old possibly give a child, without having to rely on her parents that she has already taken so much from? Why not wait until you can actually provide for the child?

oh, I see. you can't HAVE children, or have to use your formidable charm to get some woman to have children FOR you. No wonder you are just jealous!