Page 1 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

floaty
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Apr 2008, 12:00 am

Do you either watch the news on the TV, listen to the radio or read newspapers?

I don't do any of them and never have.

It's probably selfish of me but I'm not interested in what is going on in the world.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

16 Apr 2008, 12:09 am

I watch the news on occassion on TV if I know that there's going to be something interested being reported such as a natural disaster, bombings, homicides etc.

Otherwise, except for seeing the weather forecast, i'm not really that interested.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 12:10 am

I read the newspaper daily, but I don't watch the TV news, it depresses me. I don't NEED/want to know that a house fell apart in some far away country, does it help me? No, does it make me better? No.

jaydog
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 12:28 am

same here i don't watch the tv, i do read google news and such on topics that interest me, but if theres a shooting or bombing, etc i will ignore it and not read or watch it.

archetype
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Apr 2008, 12:50 am

No, I never watch the news, read the news, hear the news. Tip: it's all old hat, what they do. Makes me nod ... or run out of there, screaming cells and bar none, for the noise is louder than at eleven, and all the rest of me is tired, tired, tired of it.

New news is what we need. Scream or snooze ... we win, lass, with all channels anchormen.

Naw, don't be versed in guilt; you've done nothing but stop the noise and advertising from rooting in your neurons.

Brittany2907 wrote:
End animal cruelty...stop the suffering. Animals have rights!

End a nominal cruelty. Stop! The suffering! Any males have rights!
Even me. I'm left at odds.

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 12:58 am

I don't watch tv news or read news. I have listened to news on the radio, though I haven't been doing that lately.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History

krex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 1:18 am

floaty wrote:
Do you either watch the news on the TV, listen to the radio or read newspapers?

I don't do any of them and never have.

It's probably selfish of me but I'm not interested in what is going on in the world.

Dont worry, they don't actually tell you what is going on in the world...they just tell you what you want to believe or "they" want you to believe(don't even ask who "they" are.) It all sounds like 1984 double speak. You want to learn about something specific going on in the world...watch The Daily Show or Colbert Report or goggle it.

I don't watch but live with someone who has CNN on nonstop...it's like bizzare a pacifier of familiar voices that act as a stim like comfort to him...It still amazes me how much time they can waste saying nothing...it's a lot like soap operas my aunt used to watch...she could miss a week of them and still pick up there and know what was going on because it was the same story they were telling last week.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 1:40 am

krex wrote:
Dont worry, they don't actually tell you what is going on in the world...they just tell you what you want to believe or "they" want you to believe(don't even ask who "they" are.)

:lol:

Not much. I find most of it worrying and depressing.

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 2:31 am

My mom loves to watch the news everyday. I don't care much for the news.

onefourninezero
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Apr 2008, 5:22 am

I read the news on the BBC website and occasionally get a newspaper. I am more interested the science and education news than the rest of it though.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 6:25 am

I check everything on the Internet. (Sometimes I read also covers of tabloids not buying them - after all, if something really interesting is happening, it's always written on the front cover, the rest of such a newspaper is not that interesting).

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 7:57 am

Irulan wrote:
I check everything on the Internet. (Sometimes I read also covers of tabloids not buying them - after all, if something really interesting is happening, it's always written on the front cover, the rest of such a newspaper is not that interesting).

Same here, I hardly ever watch TV.

16 Apr 2008, 8:30 am

I watch the news sometimes at work.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 8:44 am

I get my news via the Internet and public radio. Cable news networks suck.

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 8:54 am

I used to love watching the news, but where I live now there is only one available station and it hardly comes in and it sux,
and I can not afford cable at this time.
so I just enjoy the time with my son insted, as it should be.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 9:31 am

Hardly ever.