Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Griff
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 1:27 pm

http://worldblog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/ ... 01428.aspx

I'm pretty impartial at this point. Anyone wanna take bets on who's going to win?

grain-and-field
Toucan
Toucan

28 Apr 2008, 10:12 am

sure, I bet that the USA forces will win the war, they have the forces and air force to make it happen.

Sargon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Apr 2008, 7:24 pm

Quote:
sure, I bet that the USA forces will win the war, they have the forces and air force to make it happen.

The U.S. could probably militarily defeat Sadr's army, but the U.S. is aiming to achieve a political victory, not military one. The military in Iraq is being used to achieve political, not military goals. That being said, if Iraqis look towards Sadr for governmental services, then people will identify more with him and would consider is group to be the "just" government. If the U.S. destroys this, it would likely enrage them even more and cause further dissension amongst their ranks. The political goals for the U.S. would therefore not be achieved.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2008, 7:42 pm

All I can say is thankyou Bush for getting us in this mess.

Mc_Jeff
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Apr 2008, 9:39 pm

The terrorists are incapable of beating us in a conventional battle. Every time they try to engage us in open combat, they get slaughtered, usually without any casualties on our part. Their only true success is in propaganda, and that's not so much their success as craven, inexplicable dhimmitude by American and European liberals.

yvaN_ehT_nioJ
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2008, 10:12 pm

I think if the USA wants to win they're going to have to stay for many more years. The situation is just like what it was in Vietnam, they don't know where the enemy is. The extremists over there are good in guerrilla tactics. The US will probably pull out when the public outcry gets bad enough.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 12:13 am

Sargon wrote:
Quote:

The U.S. could probably militarily defeat Sadr's army, but the U.S. is aiming to achieve a political victory, not military one. The military in Iraq is being used to achieve political, not military goals. That being said, if Iraqis look towards Sadr for governmental services, then people will identify more with him and would consider is group to be the "just" government. If the U.S. destroys this, it would likely enrage them even more and cause further dissension amongst their ranks. The political goals for the U.S. would therefore not be achieved.

Note that only the Shi'as will find support with as-Sadr's militia. The Sunni extremists are doing the same in Sunni-dominated regions.

It is no different than when Hizbullah was handing out donations and money to rebuilt after the Israeli bombardments: a buying of the trust and will of the people.

Sadly, the government does not do much to equally gain the trust of the people.

Ah, in a world without quick media, Iraq would have been Jannah by now.

Griff
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 12:57 am

*snip*

Last edited by Griff on 30 Apr 2008, 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 1:11 am

LMAO!

You must love the internet huh? A medium for releasing anger.

Last edited by oscuria on 30 Apr 2008, 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Griff
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 1:32 am

Bah, can't delete posts that have been replied to. Just going to go back and erase it. I don't know what got into me.

Griff
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 1:34 am

*snip*

Last edited by Griff on 30 Apr 2008, 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 2:21 am

Griff wrote:

You must love the internet huh? A medium for releasing anger.
It's exam week. Give me a break.[/quote]

Want me to edit my post?

Done.

Although yours is still left.

:P

Griff
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 2:54 am

Mc_Jeff wrote:
The terrorists are incapable of beating us in a conventional battle. Every time they try to engage us in open combat, they get slaughtered, usually without any casualties on our part. Their only true success is in propaganda,
Yes, they have been very successful. Al-Sadr has a pretty good chance, don't you think? My money's on him. He's a maniac, though, oy vey!

Quote:
and that's not so much their success as craven, inexplicable dhimmitude by American and European liberals.
I've got news for you: your feces still stink when you wipe your ass with baby wipes.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 2:57 am

Griff wrote:
*snip*

Hey! You didn't give me time to copy that awesome rant onto my clipboard.

Is everything in the room still intact? :lol:

Fred2670
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Apr 2008, 3:10 am

wheres Jimmy Carter when we need him?

Griff
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 3:17 am

marshall wrote:
Griff wrote:
*snip*

Hey! You didn't give me time to copy that awesome rant onto my clipboard.

Is everything in the room still intact? :lol:
I'm just sick and tired of conservatives who seem to think they s**t gold nuggets and piss champagn. I've about had it up to my eye with 'em. The more I hear from these ret*ds, the more I want to hit them with a brick. Why do I keep subjecting myself to this, particularly when I'm already under enough stress? This doesn't make any sense. It's like the damn Chewbacca defense or something.

I mean, all someone has to do this time of year is cough, and I'm about to jump clear out of my skin.