Page 2 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

psych
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2008, 7:49 pm

I have abandoned smoking, but plan to make tinctures and foods instead.

As far as social anxiety goes - i started smoking regularly around the time i left home and i could still get quite anxious going round supermarkets alone, or any other new situations i found uncomfortable. Getting a little high made it much easier, really seemed to take the edge off and make it more of an adventure than an ordeal. I should point out that the stuff i was using in those days (soap-bar) was notoriously impure and spiked with other substances including prescription meds, but im not sure that was a major over-riding factor iyswim.

In social environments - being high in a 'townie' type bar (sorry - dont know an international phrase to desribe this environment) could be a complete nightmare, but luckily i had experience of squat-parties & raves with a more 'alternative' crowd, and it definately didnt hurt in those environments - i felt much more at ease & at home. I think this difference is to do with amplifying the subconcious. If i was in a suitable, healthy environment for me, id relax & enjoy it more and vice-versa - If i felt uncomfortable in certain places (perhaps trying to 'fit in' by pretending to be something im not) then i thin the anxiety was my subconcious/intuition screaming out that i shouldnt have been there anyway! ;)

tikidweller
Raven
Raven

17 Apr 2008, 8:49 pm

For me, it really depends on the mood I'm in when I smoke it. If I'm happy it'll make me all giddy and giggly, but if I'm sad or angry it'll make me feel paranoid and alomst like something's out to get me. I had a really weird experience with it once while I was at work, but that's a completely different story :wink:

dkmnow
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Apr 2008, 11:35 pm

When used sparingly, I always liked it, and found it to be very theraputic as well, but don't do it any more. Where I live now, I no longer have access, and it's not worth the legal risks of trying to obtain it.

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

18 Apr 2008, 12:04 am

psych wrote:
I have abandoned smoking, but plan to make tinctures and foods instead.;)

Hash oil tasted nasty when I ate it. Do you have a plan or recipe to mitigate this?

HydroPurity
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Apr 2008, 1:17 am

I love my mary jane, but I'd rather be drunk when I'm around people.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 1:50 am

I haven't touched any illicit substances, nor do I want to.

I have a phobia of drugs and medication.

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 7:23 am

psych wrote:
I have abandoned smoking, but plan to make tinctures and foods instead.

As far as social anxiety goes - i started smoking regularly around the time i left home and i could still get quite anxious going round supermarkets alone, or any other new situations i found uncomfortable. Getting a little high made it much easier, really seemed to take the edge off and make it more of an adventure than an ordeal. I should point out that the stuff i was using in those days (soap-bar) was notoriously impure and spiked with other substances including prescription meds, but im not sure that was a major over-riding factor iyswim.

In social environments - being high in a 'townie' type bar (sorry - dont know an international phrase to desribe this environment) could be a complete nightmare, but luckily i had experience of squat-parties & raves with a more 'alternative' crowd, and it definately didnt hurt in those environments - i felt much more at ease & at home. I think this difference is to do with amplifying the subconcious. If i was in a suitable, healthy environment for me, id relax & enjoy it more and vice-versa - If i felt uncomfortable in certain places (perhaps trying to 'fit in' by pretending to be something im not) then i thin the anxiety was my subconcious/intuition screaming out that i shouldnt have been there anyway! ;)

:D

psych
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 8:36 am

velodog wrote:
psych wrote:
I have abandoned smoking, but plan to make tinctures and foods instead.;)

Hash oil tasted nasty when I ate it. Do you have a plan or recipe to mitigate this?

Ive never come across oil before - im more interested in tinctures as ethanol is less toxic than butane or isopropanol - and you can mix it into any drink you want. Im probably going to try the 'green dragon' recipe that uses a 5mins @ 325F prebake (to decarboxylate/activate all the actives).

Maybe you could melt oil into (high cocoa %) chocolate? Id be worried about getting it to distribute evenly tho if a large volume was being prepared.

Or it might be worth trying the 'leary biscuit' recipe for weed where you put it in fat like cheese/peanut butter between 2 crackers and zap in the microwave till everything melts together.

vulcan80
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Apr 2008, 10:55 am

Pot is pretty nice for me. I feel I'm more relaxed in social situations when I smoke it, but I also can't stop laughing the entire time.... :? Either way the way I react to it seems about the same as for an NT.

One thing I noticed about a different recreational drug MDMA, better known as Ecstasy, is that it has a much reduced effect on me. I usually feel nothing with 1 pill.

trewissick
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Apr 2008, 11:03 am

i stasrted smoking hash when i was about 18, and did it occasioanlly. it was fine, and i didn't have any bad experiances; wasn't really bothered. when i was in my early 20s i smoked a lot of weed- a MILLION times stronger and had a REALLY bad time by the end of it. it took my photographic memory away!! !! ! and its never come back.
made me depressed, and paranoid. i have seen more people flip out on this than anything else, and think its really dangerous- nearly as bad as crack and smack. friends went into really bad psychotic spins...i have tied a lot of other drugs (but never coke, crack, smack) and def weed was the worst one i ever took.
i LOVE lsd best of all, though havn't taken it for over 10 years.. :lol:

angelgirl1224
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 4:24 pm

Welllllll, ive never smoked that stuff and dont plan tooo.,,,
it is illegal.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

patrick6
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 4:54 pm

The only way I like smoking weed is if I smoke it alone, but even then I don't like it very much. I think the reason why people with Aspergers dislike it is because it makes them even more socially inept than they already are, and it increases their anxiety level. That's the case for me anyways. I would way rather drink alcohol than smoke some weed.

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 4:58 pm

I am WHOLLY, disgustedly opposed to drug use of any kind.

Seth36
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Apr 2008, 5:33 pm

I assume you've never smoked cigarettes or drank alcohol, tea, coffee or soft drinks then? How about medication? Herbal remedies perhaps?

Even "drugs" such as weed are used for medicinal purposes as well, in any event don't judge something you do not understand, bottom line is you have that state of mind because of the circumstances of your life and how you grew up, had you had my set of circumstances in life youd have a completely different view of the world.

This also applies to religions which is what always makes me laugh about people who claims to truly believe in that stuff, when infact they dont, they've been led to believe it because it was introduced to them at a young age when they had an impressionable mind, all the died hard catholics would be die hard muslims had they been born in the middle east and vice versa, makes you wonder doesnt it, how many of your beliefs and ideals are actually your own that you arrived at yourself and how many are ones you've just been "led" to believe and consequently accepted?

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 5:57 pm

Hate the stuff.

archdude
Raven
Raven

18 Apr 2008, 7:05 pm

Well as I said in other threads and in my profile I have no ASD diagnosis, so my opinion may not count for research purposes. Still, this is a topic that interests me, so I thought I'd weigh in anyway.

I do like cannabis. I generally feel very happy and peaceful the first time I smoke it after not having smoked it in a while. If I smoke it for several days in a row, I am more likely to get negative effects - it can induce or worsen anxiety rather than relieving it. Still, I can't say I've had an experience with weed that was worse than an alcohol hangover.